closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sky renewal deals during Covid19

Craftsman

Sky renewal deals during Covid19

Has anyone been able to secure a good renewal deal with Sky during the Covid19 crisis? My contract is up and even though we've been with them for over 15 years they won't get near the last deal we agreed to.

I have told them to cancel the lot, TV, BB & Phone and would noramlly expect a call from retentions pretty soon after but so far nothing. I'm holding out but wonder if they're so short staffed by self isolations etc and may not get back to me in time.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB687 View Post
    they're so short staffed by self isolations etc and may not get back to me in time.
    I expect that's exactly why you've not heard back from them.

Craftsman
    You've got a month before it's cut off, you can always leave it till the last minute and try again yourself.
    Depends when you told them to cancel?
    I did the dance a month ago, best deal I could get was £6 more than last year's £52, but promised that Aprils yearly increase of my package of £4 wouldn't be added when it was due (checked future bills and it wasn't).
    So reasonably happy with that considering the first price they came up with was £92 .

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB687 View Post
    Has anyone been able to secure a good renewal deal with Sky during the Covid19 crisis? My contract is up and even though we've been with them for over 15 years they won't get near the last deal we agreed to.

I have told them to cancel the lot, TV, BB & Phone and would noramlly expect a call from retentions pretty soon after but so far nothing. I'm holding out but wonder if they're so short staffed by self isolations etc and may not get back to me in time.
    it's been difficult

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I need the make the phone call today! Guess i won’t be offered a good deal then!

Grand Master
    Check your account on on sky box and also on the website. Offers often appear there, I got the full tv package sports movies box sets etc and a new sky plus hd box for £36 a month

- - - Updated - - -

Check your account on on sky box and also on the website. Offers often appear there, I got the full tv package sports movies box sets etc and a new sky plus hd box for £36 a month
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    I was offered a year of sky movies on Now TV for £69.99 last week so signed back up to that

It’s an interesting time with offers seemingly thin on the ground

However, I’d encourage you to shop around

Firstly it’s not always best to have the whole lot in one place
    A quick glance at bb switching sites show many giving £100 vouchers as well as competitive prices

Sky tv is a funny one
    Ask yourself what you really really need
    To me, personally the movie package is poor as if it’s a must have film, a blockbuster, I’ll go to the cinema (pre virus)

Now tv has so many offers
    I just picked up 6 months entertainment pack free having renewed my house insurance via confused.com

Also if you cancel now tv via the screen, it always throws up a much cheaper price

Sports..... tough one
    I’m a big horse racing fan, I get sky racing in my basic sky package
    I dumped the full sports package

If you gamble, a lot of games are streamed online once you place a bet

But it’s down to choice, some people think it’s all a faff, I enjoy getting the haggling gloves and comparison sites on
    Look at the overall annual costs to make you open your eyes

Good luck

While it is possible to save a few quid by splitting each part out into separate deals, I found once you added good quality (and wife friendly) hardware into the mix, you were often no better off and had a worse experience.

As much as I dislike the company, the SkyQ box and remote is very good and there are few non-Sky alternatives that don’t cost a fortune, or aren’t slow and clunky to use.

Craftsman
    My Sky deal has just come to an end and I am going to have to undertake the usual annoying discussions to get costs down from the significant renewal increases.

Expired Deal £62.50 per month. £44 for Sky TV - Entertainment, Boxsets, Kids, Complete Sports, HD and Sky Go extra and Broadband and Line Rental £18.50.

New Deal £81.00 for the same package. Discounted from £108.00 per month that I have just been charged for being to slow to renew or cancel.

I was wondering if anyone has renewed recently and what they paid. I haven't been through to the retention team just yet but thinking I will cancel and move to Virgin or BT and try them out.

Any feedback on renewal costs would be appreciated.

Master
    Just renewed for another 18 months; usual process, just ask to speak to the cancellations / retentions team and skip out the value team which just has "new customer deals"

Once again renewals are for 18 months with a £20 fee for renewing which is apparently non negotiable. So the deal with discounts for a 15+ year customer;

Base package £17 (full price £30)
    Sports pack £17 (FP £30)
    Cinema £8 (FP £11)
    HD £2 (FP £6)
    Multi-room £12.50 (FP £14)
    Ultra HD free

So £56.50 for TV, without BB or phone as I have a different provider vs £91 full price = 38% discount, but would be 43% without multi-room which isn't discounted much

Not the 50 to 60% discounts available about 3 years ago but about the same price I was paying from 18 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Just renewed for another 18 months; usual process, just ask to speak to the cancellations / retentions team and skip out the value team which just has "new customer deals"

Once again renewals are for 18 months with a £20 fee for renewing which is apparently non negotiable. So the deal with discounts for a 15+ year customer;

Base package £17 (full price £30)
    Sports pack £17 (FP £30)
    Cinema £8 (FP £11)
    HD £2 (FP £6)
    Multi-room £12.50 (FP £14)
    Ultra HD free

So £56.50 for TV, without BB or phone as I have a different provider vs £91 full price = 38% discount, but would be 43% without multi-room which isn't discounted much

Not the 50 to 60% discounts available about 3 years ago but about the same price I was paying from 18 months ago.
    All that money for 100% repeats , they must have run out of new programs, they should be giving subscriptions back

Master
    Don't forget the pause sky sports for free they were doing recently due to no live sport. Reminds me I must check my bill to ensure they didn't charge me!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Don't forget the pause sky sports for free they were doing recently due to no live sport. Reminds me I must check my bill to ensure they didn't charge me!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    I actually cancelled sports rather than pausing it and i probably will not renew this season the same for BT sport ( which i get for £12.49 through Plusnet) let’s see what Pick and the BBC bring to these interesting times.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper85 View Post
    My Sky deal has just come to an end and I am going to have to undertake the usual annoying discussions to get costs down from the significant renewal increases.

Expired Deal £62.50 per month. £44 for Sky TV - Entertainment, Boxsets, Kids, Complete Sports, HD and Sky Go extra and Broadband and Line Rental £18.50.

New Deal £81.00 for the same package. Discounted from £108.00 per month that I have just been charged for being to slow to renew or cancel.

I was wondering if anyone has renewed recently and what they paid. I haven't been through to the retention team just yet but thinking I will cancel and move to Virgin or BT and try them out.

Any feedback on renewal costs would be appreciated.
    Hadn't checked my direct debits for a while and when I did noticed that my BT bill had risen to £91.49
    This is for, telephone unlimited minutes, broadband guaranteed speed of 61/70, unlimited downloads, tv which includes entertainment package, bt sport, kids, multi room and ultra hd.
    Called them up and told them I had a mate who had just started working for Sky and he could get me the same package but with sky sports instead of bt sports for 35% cheaper.
    Took a couple of days but have just renewed at £59.99.
    I suppose you have to be willing to move and as I do have a pal that's started working for Sky, I was.

Sky renewal deals during Covid19

I found the same with BT. 50% reduction for broadband and line rental once I told them Virgin had just cabled up the area (which is true).

BT will also give you a credit for 50% of the cost of BT Sport but you have to apply for it. Personally I’ve cancelled BT Sport, mainly because we’re realising that we haven’t missed football as much as we thought we would.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Hadn't checked my direct debits for a while and when I did noticed that my BT bill had risen to £91.49
    This is for, telephone unlimited minutes, broadband guaranteed speed of 61/70, unlimited downloads, tv which includes entertainment package, bt sport, kids, multi room and ultra hd.
    Called them up and told them I had a mate who had just started working for Sky and he could get me the same package but with sky sports instead of bt sports for 35% cheaper.
    Took a couple of days but have just renewed at £59.99.
    I suppose you have to be willing to move and as I do have a pal that's started working for Sky, I was.
    With BT were you out of contract?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumatwin View Post
    With BT were you out of contract?
    Yes