closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G-Shock G-SQUAD GBD-H1000 with Heart Rate Monitor and GPS

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by goregasm View Post
    Just downloaded the G Shock MOVE app and thereís a section in there for linking to external apps.

Looks very similar to many other fitness tracking apps, where you log in and grant access rights

Many thanks for confirming this. I've ordered one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Unexpected knock on the door from Parcelforce this morning.
    Only ordered Fri so wasnít expecting this so quickly.
    First impressions are that it certainly wears smaller than my Rangeman.... but quality is definitely not the same. It feels much lighter and you can definitely see where they have kept the cost down on things like the strap and case.

Will put it through its paces today

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ordered mine Friday and no email update to say it's on it's way...maybe worth staying in for the day.

Glad to know it wears smaller than rangeman as my only worry is it will be too big.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Ordered mine Friday and no email update to say it's on it's way...maybe worth staying in for the day.

Glad to know it wears smaller than rangeman as my only worry is it will be too big.
    Iíd say it wears similar to my 9400 Rangeman.... definitely smaller than my Gpr....

Fingers crossed yours arrives soon

Mike

Apprentice
    Looks good and the negative display looks very easy to read. Is it decent enough outside too?

Master
    I think it's the same tech that Garmin uses for their newer GPS watches, so I would expect it to be highly readable in bright light. More so than indoors, if anything.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperySam View Post
    Looks good and the negative display looks very easy to read. Is it decent enough outside too?
    Yes display very easy to read...both indoor and out.. very similar to my Rangeman.

Quality doesnít feel the same as some other G-SHOCK models I have... but still very good.

Early days yet... will see how it performs

Mike

Apprentice
    little too big for me..

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    I think it's the same tech that Garmin uses for their newer GPS watches, so I would expect it to be highly readable in bright light. More so than indoors, if anything.
    Yes display very easy to read...both indoor and out.. very similar to my Rangeman.

Quality doesnít feel the same as some other G-SHOCK models I have... but still very good.

Early days yet... will see how it performs

Mike
    I see they are using the same display in the new G-Lide squares. Hopefully it will filter down to some of the other negative display models too which look great but are a nightmare to read in sunlight.

Master
    I find these very easy to read in all conditions

Just back from a dog walk. Activity logs seems good and mapping similar to rangeman. Its early days but I would imagine that there will be minor changes to software to iron out any bugs.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Master
    Are people buying direct from Casio or is there another source with a discount?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oiljam View Post
    Are people buying direct from Casio or is there another source with a discount?
    Got mine direct... not sure anybody discounting them just yet. Only been out since Friday... sure there will be soon though.

Mike

Master
    I find these very easy to read in all conditions

Just back from a dog walk. Activity logs seems good and mapping similar to rangeman. Its early days but I would imagine that there will be minor changes to software to iron out any bugs.

Have you linked it to the G shock app on your phone...waiting for mine and it hasn't turned up today

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Have you linked it to the G shock app on your phone...waiting for mine and it hasn't turned up today
    Yes fully linked to the moves app... all appears well so far.

Shit I've just realized I have a 38% off RRP any Casio G Shock I would love to buy this but fear My Apple Watch 5 would be redundant-(.

Unexpected knock on the door from Parcelforce this morning.
    Only ordered Fri so wasnít expecting this so quickly.
    First impressions are that it certainly wears smaller than my Rangeman.... but quality is definitely not the same. It feels much lighter and you can definitely see where they have kept the cost down on things like the strap and case.

Will put it through its paces today

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Look forward to hearing your thoughts, especially compared to the Rangeman.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by goregasm View Post
    released 9.00, website crashed at 9.05!

managed to get the white one into my basket, took ages to checkout but my order has been confirmed.

now showing as Sold Out :-)
    i had the same issue but what made me panic more was that is want showing in my G-shock account order profile either .. Have had an email from them telling not to worry as i should have it tomorrow but still a little nervous

Those IRL shots look great, thanks to all the posters. While I appreciate that a watch of that size and with the new negative display, will be easy to read in many lighting conditions, why don't Casio just release a chuffing positive version???

Is there some technical reason for the new MIP releases to have all been negative, as far as I can tell.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Look forward to hearing your thoughts, especially compared to the Rangeman.
    I would be interested too and had been contemplating getting one of these. Decided on the Rangeman in the end as i didnít need the heart rate monitor and email/text alerts. Rangeman seemed to have more of the functions Iíd use for walking/hiking.
    Took the plunge on the green strap version which arrives tomorrow.
    Slightly concerned as I know itís going to be massive but looking forward to having a new gadget to play with and should push me to get out for longer treks. I have just been explaining to my wife how useful itíll be to know the high/low tide times.

Cheers
    Neil

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jneds View Post
    I would be interested too and had been contemplating getting one of these. Decided on the Rangeman in the end as i didnít need the heart rate monitor and email/text alerts. Rangeman seemed to have more of the functions Iíd use for walking/hiking.
    Took the plunge on the green strap version which arrives tomorrow.
    Slightly concerned as I know itís going to be massive but looking forward to having a new gadget to play with and should push me to get out for longer treks. I have just been explaining to my wife how useful itíll be to know the high/low tide times.

Cheers
    Neil
    I have one on order and it hasn't arrived as yet.

Like you i had the rangeman and probably the functions on that are more of what i needed BUT it was just too big and i am hoping the next version in a year or two is smaller.

I will update when mine arrives and i have time to review it.