closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Looking for a nice watch with cream dial and syringe hands, any suggestions?

Looking for a nice watch with cream dial and syringe hands, any suggestions?

...something along the lines of the Smiths Everest but perhaps a bit larger, preferably with arabic numerals, up to about £1500 new or used any ideas please?

The Laco Valencia is very much like what you describe...

Craftsman
    Various Hamilton Khaki Field watches come close. Certainly the size, arabic numerals and syringe hands.

Whether you can the dial colour you want, I'm not sure. This is close if it's the Smiths model I'm thinking of:

Worth a look at some of the silver or champagne dials because I think the colour looks quite different in person.

I've always liked the look of this one, though it may be more white than cream:

Quote Originally Posted by Lusty View Post
    Various Hamilton Khaki Field watches come close. Certainly the size, arabic numerals and syringe hands.

Whether you can the dial colour you want, I'm not sure. This is close if it's the Smiths model I'm thinking of:

Worth a look at some of the silver or champagne dials because I think the colour looks quite different in person.
    This one's 42mm and they're fairly available.
    My last year's hunt for the 38mm, on the other hand, took three months and IIRC three order attempts followed by refunds due to out of stock.

Farer does syringe hands, too, if you find a colourway that suits you.

What about the Scottish company Anordian? They have a white and cream colour enamel dial with syringe hands for under your budget.

Craftsman
    There was also a Kickstarter last year, Vario Empire. I had the silver dial and really liked it.

One of the stretch goals was to create a cream dial version, which they made. I can't see any pictures out there or a way to order one, but if you email the creator he might be able to help. Here's the original:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...andwound-watch

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusty View Post
    There was also a Kickstarter last year, Vario Empire. I had the silver dial and really liked it.

One of the stretch goals was to create a cream dial version, which they made. I can't see any pictures out there or a way to order one, but if you email the creator he might be able to help. Here's the original:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...andwound-watch
    I backed this same watch. Mine was the Miyota 6T33 hand wound gilt movement. It was a nice watch overall but the crown was way to small which made winding it a bit of a task and pulling out the crown was really a challenge. I eventually flipped it for that reason. Hamilton has a white dialed Khaki mechanical and you can't beat the Hamilton for a crown that is easy to grip.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    What about the Scottish company Anordian? They have a white and cream colour enamel dial with syringe hands for under your budget.
    Great point - they are a company I would support given this set of criteria

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    I backed this same watch. Mine was the Miyota 6T33 hand wound gilt movement. It was a nice watch overall but the crown was way to small which made winding it a bit of a task and pulling out the crown was really a challenge. I eventually flipped it for that reason. Hamilton has a white dialed Khaki mechanical and you can't beat the Hamilton for a crown that is easy to grip.
    Yeah I know what you mean. Was a lovely looking watch for the money though, although I think I liked the strap more than the watch if that makes sense? Ended up making a small profit on it, and he seems like a nice guy so happy to have supported him. I have some good, bad and ugly Kickstarter experiences, and this was definitely the good one.

Might pick up some more of their straps some day.

Thanks for all the suggestions, just going to start investigating now...:)

Just to round this off I evenually bought a Smiths Everest Expedition last month which could be a tad larger for my taste but otherwise fits the bill perfectly, a really nice thing to look at.

Not quite syringe hands, but only just released, these blued hands are lovely and the numeral dial too, so this might be a good option

And it is a smidge under 40mm across the asymmetric case
    Dave

Master
    Blog Entries
    Muhle Glasutte have a nice cream dial offering,quite keen myself.

Craftsman
    Deleted - I looked at the posts earlier in the thread and realised the OP has already purchased the watch. Apologies
    Last edited by Bonny Marco; 4th October 2020 at 14:26.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Linocut View Post
    ...something along the lines of the Smiths Everest but perhaps a bit larger, preferably with arabic numerals, up to about £1500 new or used any ideas please?
    Stowa Partitio: https://wornandwound.com/review/stowa-partitio-review/

There is a nice one on Sales Corner, if I do say so myself. :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Cream dial, GS do that feature really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk