closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Upload speed!

Master
    Blog Entries

Upload speed!

Trying a google speedtest and my download is fine. When it comes to the upload it jumps to 1 then slowly restricts down to pretty much zero.

Something is not right as online gaming seems to have stopped working also? PC had a decent size Win10 update the last time i shutdown.

Any ideas?

Edit; My phone using the same speed test gets 6mbps
    Last edited by sprite1275; 1st April 2020 at 22:10.

Master
    Your speed tester may tell you who your current server is , eg not BT , Virgin etc. It will be whoever they sub it out to. My plusnet connection uses at least three different sources. So you may have been electronically switched to a server that already has a lot of gaming or FaceTime traffic on. Have you tried powering down the router and letting it restart and letting it go to another server?

Master
    Have you rebooted both router and pc?

Is the connection wired or wireless?

Can you connect the pc by the alternative type to its current connection (if by WiFi now, connect via wire, etc)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Your speed tester may tell you who your current server is , eg not BT , Virgin etc. It will be whoever they sub it out to. My plusnet connection uses at least three different sources. So you may have been electronically switched to a server that already has a lot of gaming or FaceTime traffic on. Have you tried powering down the router and letting it restart and letting it go to another server?
    tried rebooting router, still the same. Just noticed the time is still an hour behind! has not moved to BST.