closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incoming... but cannot open for 72h

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I agree with others, spray it with disinfectant and give a good wipe down as you go. Bonkers in our house, the wife has taken to wiping the shopping down before anyone else is allowed to touch it.
    Just put it at the back of the cupboard, will be okay to use tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Just put it at the back of the cupboard, will be okay to use tomorrow.
    She is a carer for her 93 year old Mother and is terrified of passing anything on, so we live in a sterile house, which is fine by me.

Out of interest, you should see the colour of the water when she finishes or changes it, shows how much muck and dust is on stuff on supermarket shelves.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I agree with others, spray it with disinfectant and give a good wipe down as you go. Bonkers in our house, the wife has taken to wiping the shopping down before anyone else is allowed to touch it.
    Wallasey Runner, we are living the same life. My wife does exactly the same. She's been doing for a little while now, and frankly if she stopped, I would continue, even though I thought this was unnecessary to begin with. It's a bonkers world we are currently in. But looking at the rising infections today, it appears so easy to catch. Stay safe all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Serious question - are you going to take such precautions for ever. If your end date is a when a vaccine is available, that won’t guarantee not getting CV (just like my flu jab doesn’t guarantee I won’t get the flu) ..... or you wait for a treatment which again won’t mean you safe to get it ......

By the way Martyn I’m wearing and enjoying the Breitling during lockdown!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I have no idea. Maybe today is now the new normal? I hypothesise it would be when the virus mutates to something less virulent - could take a few cycles. Meanwhile - I’ll do what I need to, to keep safe. (I don’t plan to stay home for the rest of my life either.)
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 2nd April 2020 at 23:30.

Meanwhile Martyn, all this jolly banter about Covid-19 has brought you another day closer to opening the package! As I tell my grandson... “only one more sleep...”!

Simon

Blog Entries
    I was going to post, “Did anyone notice the date of this original post”, but it may not go down too well

(actually it’s still in quarantine).
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 3rd April 2020 at 13:03.

screw the wait Martyn, just landed a watch this morning,disposed of packaging ,wash and then sterilise everything and wear ...

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would take it out the box.

put the box in my shed along with everything inside the box except the watch and strap which I would wash.

I did this for my leatherman micra,space pen and CWC watch that arrived recently.

even letters I leave in the sunshine of the conservatoire window for hours before I open them,read them wash my hands again then dont touch the letters again for days.

other stuff I leave out the back in the wind for as long as I can.

Craftsman
    Has it been opened yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    A certain digi Omega?
    Does it begin with a Z? If so then

Journeyman
    [QUOTE=Hood;5370135]Tin foil hat stuff
    You shouldn't leave the house ever if it's your attitude to risk as you are more likely to die tripping and banging your head.
    Get a grip.[/

Could not say it better myself

Master
    Blog Entries
    no one will criticise you for a belt and braces approach,the fact you cant see it means its the best way.

Is there a risk of being infected by groceries and packages that we have delivered?
    Marcus: It’s a low risk, but it’s possible that if someone is delivering a package to your house and they are sick, that may be a route for transmission. I would recommend that any time something new comes into your household, be conscious of washing your hands after handling it.

Iwasaki: The [virus’s] stability is pretty good on the cardboard. Once you get those packages, open them, quickly throw away the cardboard, wash your hands, and try to avoid touching your face. Take any measures that you can to minimize contact from the surface of the package to your face.

Is it possible the contents of a package could have been contaminated by whoever packed it?
    Iwasaki: There’s definitely a possibility of contamination, but it’s much more likely that the outer cardboard itself will come into contact with a lot more people than what’s inside. And if it takes days to get to your home, whatever virus that was inside will be deactivated already.

Let's hope for the sake of their families Bally and in the case of Hood, his dental patients too, they don't contract and pass on the virus.

Taking thorough precautions at this time is common sense and shouldn't be disparaged.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Does it begin with a Z? If so then
    Definitely an X Lee.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Open the bloody box man!!

Craftsman
    Tick tock tick tock!! Stay strong.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    still not open ..you have strong willpower

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Definitely an X Lee.
    Damn, I need you to buy a Z Ben, you're my only hope of ever getting to see one in person 

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=bally796;5372680]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Tin foil hat stuff
    You shouldn't leave the house ever if it's your attitude to risk as you are more likely to die tripping and banging your head.
    Get a grip.[/

Could not say it better myself
    I guess you counted the 2000+ that have already died. You and others do not know my personal circumstances.

Seems to have been some extreme views against public health recommendations. And yes - I’m not leaving the house except for essential reasons.

The watch is open and on wrist - very nice it is too. Functions perfectly. Thank you Eddie and seller.

Master
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=MartynJC (UK);5372903]
    Quote Originally Posted by bally796 View Post

I guess you counted the 2000+ that have already died. You and others do not know my personal circumstances.

Seems to have been some extreme views against public health recommendations. And yes - I’m not leaving the house except for essential reasons.

The watch is open and on wrist - very nice it is too. Functions perfectly. Thank you Eddie and seller.

I am with you on that 100%

lets see photos of the watch.

Blog Entries

Hope to do a specific review of this military edition without inscription some time soon.

That went pretty quick, enjoy the watch, looks like a great example.

Very nice Martyn, not your first, as I seem to remember you having an example on the bracelet before. So you felt the need for a reacquaintance. I've never had one but have been very close a number of times. Enjoy it, as I'm sure you will.

BTW here's a chart from today's Times - for anyone who's doubtful.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Let's hope for the sake of their families Bally and in the case of Hood, his dental patients too, they don't contract and pass on the virus.

Taking thorough precautions at this time is common sense and shouldn't be disparaged.
    Overreacting to circumstances can be as damaging as not taking sensible precautions.
    There is no evidence of catching Covid from opening letters or parcels and guidance is to wash your hands after opening them.
    What if the staff in supermarkets or logistical staff were to take theoretical risks of Covid transmission to heart.You would have no deliveries,food in the shops,no pharmacy supplies etc. It is important people keep things in perspective.
    Your comment on my dental patients isn't too valid as there is zero dentistry going on in practices,it is emergency treatment only at dedicated regional centres.
    To the OP i apologise if my original response was a bit curt but hopefully we can all keep things in perspective.

My view in this is i personally would of opened and it washed and then washed my hands.
    But! Who the hell are we to judge how others react in these times? There is no over reaction, do you know the OPs personal circumstances? Do you know what his local connections are? Maybe there is someone he knows that is at risk?
    Everyone is doing what they feel is correct and as long as this includes following the restrictions then good luck to them and stay safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the X-33 OP, these seem to be getting more appreciation than usual here of late. Cool watches.

I'm bloody sure you were wearing one of these when we met at the Royal Exchange a few years ago.

Nice watch!

Well done for holding fire on opening it and for ignoring those who think they know better than you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I'm bloody sure you were wearing one of these when we met at the Royal Exchange a few years ago.
    May be. It’s a silly hobby. I think this is perhaps the third MK2 I’ve owned now. I’m not selling this one

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    May be. It’s a silly hobby. I think this is perhaps the third MK2 I’ve owned now. I’m not selling this one
    Actually it was the new one. Still a silly hobby, though!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I like it

Hope to do a specific review of this military edition without inscription some time soon.

who was it issued to?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I would if I could find a NIB for sensible money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Damn, I need you to buy a Z Ben, you're my only hope of ever getting to see one in person 
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "