timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Dealer Prices falling???

Master

Rolex Dealer Prices falling???

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/rolex/oys...id13250233.htm

seems a good buy - especially with "suggest a price"

B & P and watch described as "mint"

The 39mm models are available at AD's for RRP unless something has recently changed.

No nothing has changed, DMR locally had a White, Tungsten and Red Grape in the window just before the lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    The 39mm models are available at AD's for RRP unless something has recently changed.
    Something has recently changed. Turn on the news tonight, and sit down. You could be in for a shock.

Master
    Doesn’t look that cheap to me, I sold my red grape to Watchfinder for 2.8k 18 months ago.

Master
    Bill my wife picked up a grape 31 mm in May of last year at RRP from an AD. They had the full range from 26 to 39 in the different colourways and options for bezel change

Master
    Is the list £4,500

so the one that I have highlighted is probably worth £3,500 max

there a "new" plain black dial that I have thought about - 6 months old - never worn - private seller wants £4,350 .......... too much in today's market??

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    Is the list £4,500

there a "new" plain black dial that I have thought about - 6 months old - never worn - private seller wants £4,350 .......... too much in today's market??
    I have that the black 39mm version and if I sold it today I'd expect £4000 would be a fair price.

Is the list £4,500

I think its far to expensive, I sold my black dialled one for £3700 from memory on SC. I would expect to pay £3500 - £3800 max used.

Master
    I think its far to expensive, I sold my black dialled one for £3700 from memory on SC. I would expect to pay £3500 - £3800 max used.
    £3,500 is what I though for a mint used model ..........bought privately ...... depending which dial you wanted

and the dealer price would then be £4k+ with offers, as I indicated in my opening post

£3,500 is what I though for a mint used model ..........bought privately ...... depending which dial you wanted

and the dealer price would then be £4k+ with offers, as I indicated in my opening post
    https://www.miltonaires.com/product/8140

Master
    Thanks

So the Retail for a new watch is now £4,350

£4500 is current RRP. That listing is from a while ago.

So will good used examples trend down over the coming months, seems possible with the economic contraction, I’d consider entering the market below 2 k, maybe Even at 2k flat, as it would represent decent value to me personally at that price, just my view of course.
    Is it fair to estimate Rolex sell them to the ADs at about 50 per cent of the retail or would that be too low...
    Last edited by Passenger; 1st April 2020 at 17:09.

Craftsman

Mint

As you say, mint example £3500max. Anything after that in used condition I would be looking £3-3.3k.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    So will good used examples trend down over the coming months, seems possible with the economic contraction, I’d consider entering the market below 2 k, maybe Even at 2k flat, as it would represent decent value to me personally at that price, just my view of course.
    Is it fair to estimate Rolex sell them to the ADs at about 50 per cent of the retail or would that be too low...
    They are pleasant watches to wear - I have a few of the older models and they are so comfortable - even the "gold" ones don't look at all "blingy"

maybe it's all this sitting behind my computer screen that's causing a need for some "retail therapy"

They are pleasant watches to wear - I have a few of the older models and they are so comfortable - even the "gold" ones don't look at all "blingy"

maybe it's all this sitting behind my computer screen that's causing a need for some "retail therapy"
    I rather fancy an OP in white, maybe blue, nice without being shouty and the 100m wr would be enough for the pool, beach duties. Interesting to see how it pans out.

Master
    I think of the colours this is perhaps the least desirable. I have seen them on eBay go for around £3.5k, even a black one has really struggled to get past £3.8k.

This is also a five year old watch so at a fixed price of £4,195 I think it has a bit to go before it will be bought.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post

This is also a five year old watch so at a fixed price of £4,195 I think it has a bit to go before it will be bought.
    There is always "suggest a price" on Chrono, the price is not fixed

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I have that the black 39mm version and if I sold it today I'd expect £4000 would be a fair price.
    Try eBay asking prices! Still going strong!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/rolex-dat...9/133374618409

I think list is £7,900.

Master
    You are not correct. on Chrono24 sellers have the option to accept offers, with a suggest price function.

If you look at this advert it clearly states 'fixed price' and it does not have the option to suggest a price, merely to purchase at the advertised price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    You are not correct. on Chrono24 sellers have the option to accept offers, with a suggest price function.

If you look at this advert it clearly states 'fixed price' and it does not have the option to suggest a price, merely to purchase at the advertised price.
    Apologises - I see, option does not work

(but you can go to the dealers site)

This isn’t a Rolex dealer. It’s a grey reseller.

The watch isn’t new.

In light of the above, the price of this watch has no bearing whatsoever on Rolex AD prices.

Master
    Apologises - I see, option does not work

(but you can go to the dealers site)
    no worries, and you are absolutely correct that i reckon if you want to do the dealership direct you could get a far better deal. Trouble with chrono24 they still charge quite a bit even if you sell elsewhere.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Marmite dial choice and easy to get at RRP( if the AD is open). I personally liked the dial on the one I had, residuals are poor though in rolex terms.

Prices have fallen and may fall further but this is a rather poor example of it. And not AD prices btw. As pointed this is not an AD. It is a grey seller selling a five year old watch at a price that would not have been much higher before Covid.

Journeyman
    seems like a great opportunity to visit my local AD

Journeyman
    White Op39 (the most desirable model?) is £5550 on watchfinder.

Something tells me they are still hard to get.