closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Coronavirus and Maintenace payments

Coronavirus and Maintenace payments

Hi all. Just wondering how this is being affected.
    I pay my ex a mutually agreed amount every month for our son
    Now my works totally dried up and it looks like I want get a penny help off Boris and co can I stop paying the Maintenace ?
    Anyone else in the same boat ?

Facts:

Your assessment is based on your income so no income means no payments due and no arrears build-up. I'd expect you'll have to pay the base liability which is around a fiver a week I think.

The important bit is to tell them now so you make sure your income details are as accurate as possible. Don't simply stop paying.

The other bit:

My statement above is based on the regulations and an assumption from your post that your income will be nil and therefore you can't pay anything. I avoided the moral element deliberately.

Of course, if your income is reducing then an arrangement should be made with your ex. If that's not possible then you need to make an adjustment to your liability assessment with CMG who will communicate with your ex on the issue. CMG will demand you've explored all avenues for reducing expenditure elsewhere; phone contracts, housing costs, loans etc as, quite rightly (procedurally and morally) you ought to be paying everything you can for your son.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 30th March 2020 at 21:48.

Master
    Blog Entries
    At the risk of sounding flippant Mate, it’s your son, not a phone bill.
    Can she manage ok without it? How will it affect him? You need to sit down with the ex and sort out exactly how much it can be reduced without impacting his life too much.

Don’t know about your arrangement and how it was agreed.

But I would think carefully about not paying. If you don’t pay her, can she still pay mortgage or rent. Will she be pissed and stop you seeing the kids? Not easy but if you need to, try and talk to her about things.

Going to be a tough few months for everyone, but don’t make yourself a long term problem, with a short term decision.

Without sounding like I'm taking the **** - can you not sell some watches?

Sorted now thanks.
    We have agreed to a slight drop in maintenance but I’m gonna have more nights a week

- - - Updated - - -

Sorted now thanks.
    We have agreed to a slight drop in maintenance but I’m gonna have him more nights a week

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Sorted now thanks.
    We have agreed to a slight drop in maintenance but I’m gonna have more nights a week
    WOW !! That was quick. Sorted in a little over an hour !!
    Communication is a wonderful thing isn't it...