closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Selling a vehicle during this time?

Selling a vehicle during this time?

I was just about to get my motorbike up for sale when all this virus malarkey began.

I assume that’s not really advisable now?

Does anyone know if there are any new rules in place?

It would be “non-essential” but I could socially distance myself from a person coming to view/ride/buy the bike......

I guess the question would be, should the buyer be coming to see you?

Master
    Well as you have already said " not really advisable and non essential" in your post I think therein lies the problem, given the situation. If you need to sell for cash flow, I sympathise. Its not easy and good luck

Blog Entries
    I've bought and sold bikes unseen, budget up to £250 to courier a bike within mainland uk, but can be had cheaper.
    Use good pics, honest description and over a video walk round.
    Like anything if it's priced right it will sell especially on a forum such as this.

What is it?

Unless local the buyer risks getting stopped by the Police and fined !! Its not going to happen , unless someone is prepared to Pay you for it and pick it up when all this is over .

Master
    Blog Entries
    I really wouldn’t bother. If you can, wait until things ease off. I’d imagine you’ll get a larger buying audience.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by super swin View Post
    I've bought and sold bikes unseen, budget up to £250 to courier a bike within mainland uk, but can be had cheaper.
    Use good pics, honest description and over a video walk round.
    Like anything if it's priced right it will sell especially on a forum such as this.

What is it?
    As above and I would include on the video a cold start up , eg hold exhaust to show cold, then start up. Include in your photos of all small dings and scrapes. It mat sound counter intuitive but you want to valance all the good and bad points. Then in the advert include at length service receipts previous MOT s workshop manuals etc. In essence creating a virtual advert.

Then if the buyer is happy they can proceed with a courier as super swin advises above. Sometimes buyers ask to split the courier cost so I normally go halves.

Just to add my thoughts that, while there's never a good time, it's a desperately bad time to catch the virus at the moment. The capacity to cope is still being created and there will be a big surge in numbers over the next three or four weeks, before it starts to tail off.

Craftsman
    Personally I think you have missed the boat.
    Not even sure if bike couriers can collect and deliver while the earth is going into lockdown.

You may get away with delivering it, if it had panniers full of shopping done that day with a receipt.

I sold a bike very recently. Chap came nearly 200 miles by car, viewed the bike. Put a deposit down. Then arranged to come down by train to collect two weeks later.
    When the we were all grinding to a halt. He changed the collection day about three times. Bringing it forward just in case.

Glad he did. Otherwise I would probably still have the bike. Then possibly have to refund his deposit if he had to wait too long to collect.

Pretty much what I was expecting to be said. I’m kind of pleased really as it’s made my mind up to hold fire.

Luckily I don’t need to sell, I’d just planned to for a few months as I’ve decided to go back to a sports car rather than a bike now that I’ve a little one (15 months) to fuss over and a wife who worries every time I go out on the thing.

Plus, our annual 8 day Pyrenees tour is off.....

It’s a minty Ducati Multistrada 1260S.

Blog Entries
    Is it really necessary given the whole country is supposed to be in lockdown except for unavoidable reasons?
    Why even think about it?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.