closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex repair questions.

Question Rolex repair questions.

I have a couple of questions concerning a Rolex oyster perpetual date. It's a mates watch so he asked me to put questions to a watch forum. He's not a computer/online user.
    The details are;
    ROLEX OYSTER PERPETUAL DATE
    No service history, box or papers. Bought from an independent jeweller.
    It has a couple of recent problems. 1. When the crown is pulled to set the time the hands don't always move, but do eventually. 2. The crown has become difficult to screw back in. Pliers were involved apparantly.
    Still keeps good time and the date feature works ok. How much would it be to repair ? Ballpark figure. Can it be posted at the moment to a repair shop ?
    Thanks

Master
    I believe a Rolex full service is around £600. There are no watch repairers open at the moment (that I’m aware of) including Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    There are no watch repairers open at the moment (that I’m aware of) including Rolex.
    Not necessarily. Duncan at Genesis Watchmaking recently received a Hero H&V (as expected). Duncan is Rolex accredited and operates via post. He might be able to help out.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...n-Genesis-Hero

Thanks for the info. The jeweller the watch was purchased from is closed during the current crisis so, I'll try Genesis Watchmaking.

"Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"