closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Travellers Pocket Watch

Master

Travellers Pocket Watch

My timing is awful.

About a fortnight ago I decided to treat myself to a solid gold pocket watch but since the lockdown, no one is selling and no one is in a position to buy. Posting is too risky, so everything is dead until the restrictions are over.

I have spent a few hours reading up on pocket watches but the one thing I can find no reference to in google is a travellers watch. I know American companies such as Waltham and Elgin made Railway watches which are of high quality but I can find nothing on travellers watches.

Can anyone put me right on this ?

Master
    Not an expert but I know Waltham made a model called the Traveler. I believe it was a lower grade model with a 7 jewel movement.

They seem to be fairly common.

I know there are American websites which you can input a serial number and it will give you more information about a particular watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mick, what exactly are you looking for?

Is it a pocketwatch that displays a second time zone, or is it what is commonly called a 'travel watch', which is a watch with an external casing allowing it to be used as a small (often alarm) clock?
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by EdHughes1 View Post
    Not an expert but I know Waltham made a model called the Traveler. I believe it was a lower grade model with a 7 jewel movement.

They seem to be fairly common.

I know there are American websites which you can input a serial number and it will give you more information about a particular watch.

Image from here:

https://uhrforum.de/threads/american...s-mehr.109009/
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    OK that's answered the question. Many thanks, will give them a miss.

Mick, I don’t know if you’ve looked already, but there are some lovely solid gold Rolex pocket watches out there.

I have no idea if the Rolex pocket watch market is as susceptible to fakes as wristwatches, but there are a number that really take my fancy.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Oh Yes I am aware of the gorgeous watches but enforced self isolation for everyone means that buying / selling anything is on temporary hold.

I will treat myself to a nice one once all the fuss is over.