closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Home Office - looking for ideas

Master

Home Office - looking for ideas

I moved into my permanent home office yesterday after camping out in a space by the kitchen for a few weeks. I'm lucky enough to have a spare bedroom that was always earmarked as an office. Desk is in, IT kit it in, but it is, kids can be shut out, perfect usable, but dull as otherwise an empty room. I'm looking for novel and interesting ideas (photos even better) for the room. What do you have in your office. Do you have rare maps, curious painting, horological paraphernalia, prints and posters, nautical instruments?

Master
    Ive been adding some photos of my kids/family on the wall this week as my office was hardly used and very functional but not very personal. Made a big difference, a couple of plants can really help too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Master
    A friend has a couple of wall hung guitars in his office that I always thought looked good.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Go for something that matches your personality. If you are in to sport. Get some sport memoribilia, comics - maybe some statues. Movies - nice framed posters etc.

Given the times we're facing...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Given the times we're facing...

I like it, I'm just not sure I'm up for the amount of excavation involved.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I like it, I'm just not sure I'm up for the amount of excavation involved.
    Yeah, you're probably right.

My wife and I share a home office/den and have our educational/professional certificates mounted in frames: one with hers, and one with mine. In addition, I have a shadow box of my Marine Corps medals, memorabilia, and a photo. Finally, my mother did a large needlepoint picture of the Minneapolis skyline where she noted with two red dots where my wife and I worked downtown at the time (1980s). The rest is all bookshelves.

The other thing I might recommend is one or two inspirational posters that really resonate with YOU.

Master
    The principle decorative feature in mine is a large (roughly 1m square) Andy Warhol Brooklyn Bridge image, in a simple black frame. It suits the modern vibe of the home office and my profession (town planner) but may be totally inappropriate in your case.
    The most important thing is get a decent chair, lamp and get your desk and monitors properly set up for long term comfort. I got myself a Herman Miller Mirra, which I prefer to the more expensive Aeron, and a couple of Eames soft pad, low back w/arms for the occasional visitors. The Eames look great but I wouldn't want to sit in one all day.