closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Seiko 62mas modern reissue

Master
    Yep, perfect with a steel bracelet as well.

If you end up getting one Ryan, bagsie first dibs when you flip it ;)

I am trying to land a 147 but every time I get ready to do the deal the sold out signs appear.

Might have to wait for UK stock, got my new watch fix partially satisfied today with the BB58 Blue but I need this one in the watch box asap.

I think I’ve had a moment of clarity.

I’ve been debating various watches.

Maybe a damasko, maybe a Sinn, maybe a mm200, maybe a mtg, maybe various other things but after seeing some pictures and videos of the SPB143J1 (especially on the grey NATO) the choice suddenly seems very obvious.

Just need to be patient. And save a little

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Hard to capture the brownish dial.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Would be amazing to see a nice no date diver from Seiko. That will be so popular.
    Quite. Looking forward to seeing that.

Just a quick heads up, this place has the SPB143 in stock now with 10%discount code.
    https://www.hillierjewellers.co.uk/m...pb143j1-p14614

I just bought their 147, they only had one!

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Just a quick heads up, this place has the SPB143 in stock now with 10%discount code.
    https://www.hillierjewellers.co.uk/m...pb143j1-p14614

I just bought their 147, they only had one!
    Very tempting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love a no date Seiko diver. The day date on the Turtles really puts me off as it's an extra thing to set each time you wear it. I can handle date only but would love a no date.
    Might be waiting some time? Starting with the 62MAS, have they ever made a diver without a date window? I’m far from a Seiko expert, but I can’t think of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    Might be waiting some time? Starting with the 62MAS, have they ever made a diver without a date window? I’m far from a Seiko expert, but I can’t think of one.
    I've seen a quartz no date GS but not a Seiko that I can recall. From what Ryan says a zimbe no date might be coming and if there it does come I imagine a lot of people wanting one.

Master
    In some pictures the bezel really looks massive.
    Interesting comparison of watches. These shots showing the chunky bezel have held me off ordering - a shame, as I was dead set on it, having found the previous 62mas reincarnation just a bit too chunky for me and selling them on. I'm starting to think it perhaps isn't for me.
    I did ponder just buying the SLA037, but when digging into the details found it was a lot thicker! Didn't want to have to make a mental compromise, when spending £5k!

The SLA037 is in stock and has 12% off here.

https://www.dcleake.com/Watches/Seik...-SLA037J1.html

My SPB147 has just been delivered. UK AD supplied.

Couple of pics to show the unusual dial tones.

I was planning to send it back as I got the news my BB Harrods is in store but having quickly QC'd it as perfect, I think it has earned the right to stay.....for now

Yup that bezel is thick....have to think long and hard on this one.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    My SPB147 has just been delivered. UK AD supplied.

Couple of pics to show the unusual dial tones.

I was planning to send it back as I got the news my BB Harrods is in store but having quickly QC'd it as perfect, I think it has earned the right to stay.....for now

When did you join the waiting list for Harrods BB? I joined November last year and still waiting

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Master
    The bezel is thick, but I still like it, as it’s very nicely finished. Doesn’t put me off at all.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    I’m sure it won’t get any love from the faux vintage haters, but the SPB147 looks absolutely beautiful to me.
    I may have to seek one out. Are these released yet?

I like it in grey even more..

Quote Originally Posted by zcahhi6 View Post
    When did you join the waiting list for Harrods BB? I joined November last year and still waiting

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I joined in October 2019.

They are getting these through again now so you may not have too much longer to wait.

The list is running over 12 months now.

Quote Originally Posted by gerard View Post
    Yup that bezel is thick....have to think long and hard on this one.

In reality the bezel doesn't leap out at you as overly thick. The short stubby lugs increase the effect in photo's.

Banned
    This re-issue is one of the better ones, absolutely loathe the short arrow hands. So the stick hands on this model are quite nice. The only thing I don’t like the oversized x on the dial though

In reality the bezel doesn't leap out at you as overly thick. The short stubby lugs increase the effect in photo's.
    Thanks. I will try and see one in (on) the flesh so to speak.

Couple of images to show dimensions

Master
    Hi All,

My 147 arrived today and i'm loving it. It really is a lovely bit a kit and has oodles of character. Here are a few initial piccies

And even a bit of a sunburst effect in the sun!

Cheers
    Martin

Master
    That is indeed lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Is that the blue LE Ryan? If so looks much better than the stock images.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Looks really nice.

Hodinkee chatting about this watch on their podcast 'The Grey Nato'.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/th...e-seiko-sbp143

Can anyone give a comparison with a MM200?

Thinking of going all in on a 143 but the MM200 can be had a good bit cheaper with some hunting.

Cheers

If anyone is looking to add a SPB149J1 to there collect I know of 2 available if anyone is interested.

The LE model have more or less all sold out now and are currently selling for a premium on the used market.

Drop me a PM.

Update: It seems they may have already sold, not surprising with them selling over retail.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 18th August 2020 at 21:13.

Banned
    I agree that the handset on these is much better than the awful short arrow hour hands on some the re-issues. Slightly smaller size is also an improvement in my opinion. Secret with seiko is not to buy a new model immediately but wait 2-3 months for a discount as long as it’s not a LE and sells out of course.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    If anyone is looking to add a SPB149J1 to there collect I know of 2 available if anyone is interested.

The LE model have more or less all sold out now and are currently selling for a premium on the used market.

Drop me a PM.
    PM sent Kieran.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    PM sent Kieran.

And responded!

Master
    AMJ Watches have one more SPB149 (limited edition blue dial) left in stock on their website atm. I just got one :)

EDIT: be careful though, the alignment looks a bit off on the one that's left. Not sure if it's just the angle.
    Last edited by KingKitega; 27th August 2020 at 15:50.

Master
    AMJ just messaged me they have a SPB149 in stock. I've already got one so if anyone is interested, best get in touch with them. Their WhatsApp is +44 7555 639126

AMJ just messaged me they have a SPB149 in stock. I've already got one so if anyone is interested, best get in touch with them. Their WhatsApp is +44 7555 639126

Ha. I ‘ordered’ their last one a fortnight ago but it somehow went to someone else.
    Somebody should jump on this. Could be Seiko’s final delivery of the limited run?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    Ha. I ‘ordered’ their last one a fortnight ago but it somehow went to someone else.
    Somebody should jump on this. Could be Seiko’s final delivery of the limited run?
    They said it was a customer return.. Don't think there are any new ones left now in the country.

The 149 is a super little watch. The bezel is 120 clicks and there's always going to be a little play in the bezel - a little bit between the clicks. You'll always get it straight.

(With 130 clicks for 360 degrees, that's 3 degrees a clock. You're going to get comfortable.)

Master
    Very impressed so far. Great size, good quality. Mine has gained about 5 seconds in 5 days too, can’t complain!

They also look good on a tropic, I think:

AE837347-8D2F-426F-B562-C7DC07380517 by Berty234, on Flickr

3E62AEED-2940-4A76-9CC7-AA35B8872CC3 by Berty234, on Flickr

Craftsman
    Over the weekend I saw on the Goldsmiths website that they had one of the LE in stock in Canary wharf called them yesterday to be told it's a special order for a customer who is self isolating and that if I wished I could have my name added to the waitlist. List is controlled by head office with no estimated waiting time or guarantee of allocation.

I thought that that kid of stuff was only for Rolex.

Lovely watch, but unfortunately unavailable.

The did say I could come in and have a look at the watch but not try on. Look with your eyes not your hands.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eoghan101 View Post
    Over the weekend I saw on the Goldsmiths website that they had one of the LE in stock in Canary wharf called them yesterday to be told it's a special order for a customer who is self isolating and that if I wished I could have my name added to the waitlist. List is controlled by head office with no estimated waiting time or guarantee of allocation.

I thought that that kid of stuff was only for Rolex.

Lovely watch, but unfortunately unavailable.

The did say I could come in and have a look at the watch but not try on. Look with your eyes not your hands.

Is Binsull's one on SC not limited? You may have missed it

It's a watch worth looking out for...

Craftsman
    Is Binsull's one on SC not limited? You may have missed it
    It is. But I'm trying to use up some vouchers for Goldsmiths that I have. Otherwise, I would have snapped it up. Still unsure if I should go for this, a Captain Willard or hold of for a Grand Seiko.

Apprentice
    I love the original but just feel that the latest versions are too thick and big for my slender wrists. Hopefully they bring out a smaller size.

Well the one I posted is 40mm, rather than the 44mm of the unlimited versions, so there's one out there for you!

Master
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis13 View Post
    I love the original but just feel that the latest versions are too thick and big for my slender wrists. Hopefully they bring out a smaller size.
    Agreed. Why don’t they just reissue it exactly as it was before with an updated movement. It would sell like hot cakes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Agreed. Why don’t they just reissue it exactly as it was before with an updated movement. It would sell like hot cakes.
    LOL like the SLA017..

Master
    Blog Entries
    LOL like the SLA017..

Lol? No. The SLA017 is nice but it’s bigger than the original 62MAS

Edit. Cut from an article.

So what have been updated? Basically, as often in such recreations: the watch is now larger. From a 37mm diameter on the original, the case of the SLA017 has grown to 39.9mm
    Last edited by Montello; 15th September 2020 at 22:53.

The spb143 has my attention.....I do have a 62MAS but like the idea of a bracelet and worry free water resistance for every day wear

I have a 149 now thanks to Kieran and while the head itself is really nicely made and finished, the clasp is rattly junk. The bracelet links and end pieces are fine but Seiko really need to sort out their act with clasps. My blue MM300 clasp is better but still feels cheap (especially considering the rest of the watch is top quality). It's a familiar story this, Seikos and clasps/bracelets.

My only other criticism is the lume on the 149 doesn't last the night terribly well. Maybe it's just the MM300 lume plots and hands are bigger but it's still like a lantern at 4am while the 149 needs a second look.

Apart from that, the 40mm ish width works really well and I'm extremely happy with the watch. I now have it on a big hole original Tropic and will see if I can find a better clasp (or possibly entire bracelet!).
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    I also found the original clasp to rattle too much and the divers extension to dig into the wrist if worn for a prolonged period. However putting on a MM300 clasp made it much much better, but any generic 18mm clasp will be an improvement. Lume has been fine for me, and still easily readable 7 hours into the night. Accuracy on mine (luckily) is surprisingly good, now after 3 weeks has settled to a +2spd with 24/7 constant wear.

Master
    I also found the original clasp to rattle too much and the divers extension to dig into the wrist if worn for a prolonged period. However putting on a MM300 clasp made it much much better, but any generic 18mm clasp will be an improvement. Lume has been fine for me, and still easily readable 7 hours into the night. Accuracy on mine (luckily) is surprisingly good, now after 3 weeks has settled to a +2spd with 24/7 constant wear.

I collected my 143 today and generally very pleased. Bezel alignment reasonably ok but the lume pip is too far to the right. Photos to follow.

I absolutely agree with the idea of replacing the rattily clasp. If anyone finds a decent replacement, please post a link. Can you buy the MM300 clasp separately?

Has anyone had problems with the link pins coming loose? I have had to fettle with the collars of a few links to get them to grip the pins. I have ordered some thread lock just in case.

Dave
    Last edited by dforgrieve; 27th September 2020 at 22:03.