closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The 2020 British Summer Time Challenge

Are we doing this for winter time also? I think it’s a great idea but missed out on the summer time challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d be ready with my Speedmaster X-33 Gen 1.
    Lesson learnt: as outside circumstances can compromise a 6 months run with a mechanical watch, I’ll be going Quartz this time. And should I travel I have the option of a second time zone anyway.
    There.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Ended up at +71 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    No need to wear the same watch, or use a winder.

I reckon it’s easy enough to keep going by just wearing it a few hours a day.

I failed last year, because I gave up with a watch that I decided not to take on holiday. This year I messed up on the most accurate I had entered, because I left it a few hours too long, trying to bring it back to spot on.
    I don’t have the memory to wear a watch for a couple of hours a day to keep it going. I think I’d have lasted about a week before forgetting and letting it stop!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Ended up at +71 seconds
    Interesting. Although I didn't participate officially (I was a bit late) I did keep a record of my £7 Casio's timekeeping. It was 2 seconds slow 209 days ago and it's now about 5.5 seconds fast. Call it 8 seconds anyway, that's less than 14 secs / year.

I'm about to put it back an hour; I'll set it 4 seconds slow.

Many thanks to Der Amf for running the show this summertime 👏👏👏

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post

Thank you to everyone who took part, extra big thank you to everyone who provided regular updates, and an enormous thank you to Murdoc and Captain RockNRoll for keeping their mechanicals going for the whole time. Having got mine only to the halfway point, I know what it needed of them. My favourite was Murdoc's Snowflake - the only Spring Drive entered and a stone cold classic - it was a pleasure to see the very regular photos of that. I also enjoyed that it spent almost the whole period getting closer to correct time, not going away

Thank you! Was great to take part, I thought for a while I wasn’t going to get to the end but I’m glad I did!

👍

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Many thanks to Der Amf for running the show this summertime 👏👏👏
    Indeed, many thanks.

Final update for mine.

+17 seconds. Happy with that.

Blog Entries
    I'll enter a couple of watches this year, definitely my X-33 MK2 quartz and I may try to keep my 126655 going - may be tricky for 6 months though!!

Craftsman
    Many thanks to Der Amf for all your hard work in organising this, it was a pleasure. I think the 70 hour power reserve of the black bay saved my bacon on more than 1 occasion!