closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The 2020 British Summer Time Challenge

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    How did you managed that not having hack second?

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk
    Sorry, missed this - the P9000 does have hack seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil0886 View Post
    Sorry, missed this - the P9000 does have hack seconds.
    Sorry...
    I thought that you might discovered a special technique that you might wanna share :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    Sorry...
    I thought that you might discovered a special technique that you might wanna share :)

With the crown pulled out, light reverse pressure can stop the second hand on non-hacking movements, at least it works on my Speedy.

Any bets on which watch is likely to drop out first?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    I hope not mine
    Just to make sure we'll stay in the race I'm manually wind it daily....even with a 3 days rezerve
    I'll also set an alarm...

Almost certain to be my Seiko Presage - last year it did very well because I was wearing it all day, when it is very accurate. Being handwound once a day and then just sitting there for most the day is proving to be much less of a happy regime for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Almost certain to be my Seiko Presage - last year it did very well because I was wearing it all day, when it is very accurate. Being handwound once a day and then just sitting there for most the day is proving to be much less of a happy regime for it.
    Your Presage is with the 6R15 movement, correct? It would have been interesting to compare with my the 'lesser' movement in my Turtle, knowing how wildly Seiko's unregulated movements can vary. You could wear it for a few hours a day instead to keep it ticking over. However always a pain to keep an auto going if you're not wearing it.

Your Presage is with the 6R15 movement, correct? It would have been interesting to compare with my the 'lesser' movement in my Turtle, knowing how wildly Seiko's unregulated movements can vary. You could wear it for a few hours a day instead to keep it ticking over. However always a pain to keep an auto going if you're not wearing it.
    My Globemaster lives on my wrist all day every day, just as the Presage did last year, so that's not a possibility. I've read a few times about how much better this grade of Seiko movement is when worn all the time, and that certainly fits in with what I found last year - I think I wore it from the end of March to the end of June without having to correct it. And then it had to be put into storage for a while.

I don't know but if @ben4watches keeps his manual wind Breitling going until the end he deserves a medal, no a trophy, no an award!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    The 4 watches I keep in my Carapaz case get wound daily. It used to be just the gmt to keep an eye on the date change (which has been fine for the 7 last weeks) and the Reverso to keep the triple date and moonphase correct so should not be too much of an issue to keep the Breitling going for 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I don't know but if @ben4watches keeps his manual wind Breitling going until the end he deserves a medal, no a trophy, no an award!
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    I checked my Seiko sumo this morning and its at +2 seconds. They would be impressive were it not for the fact tomorrow or could be +35, - 40 or anywhere in between!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    just hope my X-33 battery lasts as its not been changed in years, that said I keep the LCD display turned off which should help.

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Quote Originally Posted by Phil0886 View Post
    With the crown pulled out, light reverse pressure can stop the second hand on non-hacking movements, at least it works on my Speedy.
    This one seems to work on Pam as well but I was afraid to abuse it....don't want to affect in any way the machine

I have to start teaching shortly so I couldn't do an exact update after 48 hours but here's my BLNR after 2 days. Looks to be running around +6 secs fast (+3 secs per day)