closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2020 British Summer Time Challenge

Update from Germany:

Slight improvement lying most of the time dial up and being hand wound daily. Cheers

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Master
    After leaving the sumo dial up or was -50 secs. I've clawed it back to -19 secs by leaving crown up.

Craftsman
    FOIS is now -7sec:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    PAM312 is at -47s

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRockNRoll View Post
    My BB58 is still spot on too! Seems to lose about 1/2 a second a day, including if I wear it to bed. So after 4 or 5 days, I leave it crown up on the bedside table and it gains those couple of seconds back.
    Sorry to hi jack this thread & missed the original post to join. But my BB58 is usually -2secs per day. Would love to have it spot on!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Sadly but I will have to withdraw my Pam 372 as well....
    Playing with other watches and being busier than ever at work....forgot to wind it....
    Maybe better luck next year

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Sorry to hi jack this thread & missed the original post to join. But my BB58 is usually -2secs per day. Would love to have it spot on!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Have you tried it dial down overnight?

To the extent that mine gains/loses off the wrist it’s:
    - crown up - L
    -dial up - no change
    - dial down - G

Unfortunately my Sinn stopped this morning at 09:42:42.... before I was able to wind up.

Understand now the value of an 8 day power reserve movement or of a nice wooden watch winder ...

Thank you all. It has been a pleasure to participate nearly one month. At least 3.d place in mechanical watches below 1.000 GBP comment belongs to me...

Stay healthy!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Master
    My sumo is being erratic. I got it back within 10 seconds but just picked it up from the chest of drawers, it had fallen dial up again and is now -72 seconds. Might be possible to get it back close yet though....hmmm.

Journeyman
    Black Bay aws running -7 secs a day over a week.
    Changed watches on Tuesday to 10460m. First day was -1sec which it has maintained since. Pretty bloody good. I have been taking it off of a night though, which i don't normally do. Don't know if that would make a difference.

Cool Better late than never - even better EXACTLY on time.

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Sorry to hi jack this thread & missed the original post to join.
    It's probably just as well that I missed applying to join this challenge ....
    Because I believe I have what would have been a strong contender for overall winner.

I bought a NOS Seiko 7A38-7270 off eBay in the States in late March. With the current Covid-19 delays it took over 3 weeks to get here.
    Ironically, I bought it for someone else, but ended up refunding his money, because unfortunately, it turned out to be a DOA non-runner.
    I really didn't need another, but decided to keep it and sent the movement away for a full service (by Simon Wilkinson a.k.a. 'Sir Alan').

As most of you already know, the Seiko 7Axx 15J quartz movements are some of the best ever produced. They're almost HAQ standard.
    Their accuracy can be adjusted in 0.26 second per day increments, by means of a rotary step switch.
    Post service, this movement didn't actually need any adjustment:

+/- 0.00 Seconds per Day.
    Last edited by Seiko7A38; 1st May 2020 at 13:00.

Bang on the mark for my Aerospace:

28 day update for the BLNR. It has gained 65 seconds giving a slightly improved average of +2.32 per day.

Five weeks down, twenty-five to go. Two entrants have yet to post a photo showing how their watches are getting on. Since one is a GS quartz, there's little reason to doubt that it's still ticking and still bang on time, but nonetheless.....

------------

In those five weeks, my Globemaster, which is about ½ sec behind atm, has needed resting crown up overnight four times.

For next few weeks I'm going to follow the pattern of resting it crown up every Sunday night, and never at any other time - so I won't be reacting to the accuracy as I track it, I'll just have an unthinking regime, and see where that gets me. You get me? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    For next few weeks I'm going to follow the pattern of resting it crown up every Sunday night, and never at any other time - so I won't be reacting to the accuracy as I track it, I'll just have an unthinking regime, and see where that gets me. You get me? :)
    I'm amazed that people are getting such wild changes by resting crown up/down etc. I think my BLNR slows fractionally when stored crown up overnight but it's a very minimal change. Not sure if this a good or a bad thing?

Another thing that appears to have an impact on the accuracy of my BLNR is the state of wind. It seems to be less accurate when I wear it less but again this is only a small change.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I'm amazed that people are getting such wild changes by resting crown up/down
    Not sure I would call the reversing of the one solitary second lost over the course of six days wild. If something is very close to being finely balanced, is it surprising that something small is enough to tip it from one side to the other?

Not sure I would call the reversing of the one solitary second lost over the course of six days wild. If something is very close to being finely balanced, is it surprising that something small is enough to tip it from one side to the other?
    Pretty sure the mechanical Seikos are gaining/losing considerably more than that per day.

Craftsman
    [/URL]

Sorry it took a little while coming! It’s maybe 0.25 of a second fast this morning.

This week’s update for the Snowflake. Now 55s slow, a gain of 12s in the last 35 days.

Master
    Sumo is going through an erratic phase, it's now 90 sec slow and have been unable to start shifting that back. Going to try for a bit longer before correcting the date as I'll set the time right then

Blog Entries
    5146J. +1m 42s since 1st April.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Sumo is going through an erratic phase, it's now 90 sec slow and have been unable to start shifting that back. Going to try for a bit longer before correcting the date as I'll set the time right then
    no corrections allowed until end of BST?

Master
    No idea Martyn, I'm only in for fun so not read any rules. I assume corrections are allowed but if I correct it I'll be trying to get it to be ahead and balance the error.... Which is odd. I've found with the sumo it can vary massively, I had it within a couple of seconds 8 days ago then it went erratic. If I can learn what I did differently I can correct it again.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    no corrections allowed until end of BST?
    including quickset dates?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    including quickset dates?
    Surely not? If that's the case then I'm in breach of the rules as I have advanced the dates on my 3 enteries. I agree that non quick set date changes that involves moving or hacking the seconds hand should not be allowed. That seems pretty logical to me!

.... / ..... / ....
    Last edited by Der Amf; 13th May 2020 at 06:59.

The Longines is still +/- 0

But my Tablet is way out!
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Craftsman
    I think I'm probably too late to join officially but here is my Seiko Grand quartz today. It's meant to rub 10sy so interested to see how it does.

Craftsman
    Currently at -12 seconds.

28 day update for the Q Timex. It has gained 2 seconds over the period.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Dee View Post
    Black Bay aws running -7 secs a day over a week.
    Changed watches on Tuesday to 10460m. First day was -1sec which it has maintained since. Pretty bloody good. I have been taking it off of a night though, which i don't normally do. Don't know if that would make a difference.
    8 days and the Sub gained 3 seconds.
    Got the ExpII on now. See how that goes.

Looks like I missed last week. Here with my 5 week check-in.

Now running at +1.04. Looks poor within the quartz section but of course it isn't a quartz, think it's doing pretty well for a tuning fork.

Master
    Note: I was late joiner so just along for the ride.

15th April was on the second. 3 weeks on -15 to -16 secs. Didn't wear for a week so suggests that sitting flat it looses. Will keep a better eye on it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

The 2020 British Summer Time Challenge

GLX-5600 checking in...

I’m afraid the Omega has given up the ghost. I went to check it this morning and found it stopped last night.

5 week update for the BLNR. Over the last 35 days it has gained 1'16" giving an improved daily average of 2.17 secs.

Master
    Sorry it has been a while, I have been surprisingly busy. Here are the two Silverwaves:

The white is now +13s and the black +11s.

Blog Entries
    Checking in today May 9th (5 weeks and 3d)

+2m1s since April 1st. So averaging about +3.1s/d

Been wearing it most days 24h/day this week

Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 9th May 2020 at 20:31.

Six weeks in, so 20% of the way through. It's been very pleasing to see so many very regular updates, thank you to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Checking in today May 9th (5 weeks and 3d)

+2m1s since April 1st. So averaging about +3.1s/d

Been wearing it most days 24h/day this week

Aside from everything else, I'm really enjoying see an Annual Calendar worn daily - ie being used as a *useful* complication, as well as a horologically impressive one.

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I’m afraid the Omega has given up the ghost. I went to check it this morning and found it stopped last night.
    I sorry about this, as I enjoyed seeing photos of it. That's the AT at its peak, with the date window border (and would have a totally brushed bracelet)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Looks like I missed last week. Here with my 5 week check-in.

Now running at +1.04. Looks poor within the quartz section but of course it isn't a quartz, think it's doing pretty well for a tuning fork.
    The two mechanical sections got merged, as the two Sub-£1000 watches were capable of the comparison, and a tuning fork section has been created.
    Last edited by Der Amf; 10th May 2020 at 08:18.

6 week update for the Grand Seiko 9F. Still giving perfect time after 42 days.

This week’s update for the Snowflake. After 42 days it’s now 52s slow, a gain of 15s.

I’ll revise my earlier prediction, now I estimate it’ll be 6s fast at the end of BST.

Craftsman
    PAM312 now at -86s and has been pretty steady at about-2spd.

Craftsman
    FOIS now at +8s, daily variations are a bit more variable with this though depending on amount of wear:

The two mechanical sections got merged, as the two Sub-£1000 watches were capable of the comparison, and a tuning fork section has been created.
    Good stuff, shame there weren't more hummers this time.

6 week check in. Now exactly +1:15 so a gain of 11 seconds from last week, seems consistent 11/12 s/p/w gain. Wish I'd realised before as could have calculated and set it back to try and get it right at the end. Next time.

+2.1s. I have been running a bit in the last week or so, it may have an incidence...
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Doing this is making me check the watch much more and to think about how it's time keeping is changing. I am coming to the view that my Sumo runs better when it's got less power reserve, both more consistent and more accurate in its time keeping. Without a power reserve indicator is difficult to determine this for sure but if worn a lot it seems to drift more, including overnight on the bedside drawers. If I don't wear it for a day then only wear it for a couple of hours a day it seems to be much better. This all seems counter to what I expect particularly as it was averaging a loss of 30 sec/day when worn most of reach day for a week. Anyway.... Playing for fun so I reset the date and corrected the time on Monday when it was 183 seconds slow. Since then I've worn it a little less, although still enough yesterday they the Tissot in current rotation had stopped by 10 minutes before I picked it up this morning, and the sumo has lost a further 18 seconds. Frustrating. I knew it was luck but it was doing so well for a month or so but since then it's in the 'just about tolerable' bracket.