closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Back from service and I think I may have to keep it

Threaded View

Back from service and I think I may have to keep it

A while ago, I listed my Glashutte Original Senator Perpetual Calendar for sale. It's the previous to current model with the 40mm case and the 100 series movement, and I've had it for quite a few years now; the problem is that I was wearing it infrequently, so told myself it was probably time to move it on.

When I posted it on SC it was running a bit fast - somewhere between 15 and 20 seconds, from memory. I was surprised that it wasn't snapped up but assumed that the need for a service was a contributory factor. With that in mind I dropped it off at Wempe and waited the couple of months for it to undergo a full service and be returned to the UK. Wempe were superb, as having mistakenly quoted £600 - the cost should have been £900 for this movement - they kindly stood by their original figure, so I managed to save £300 on what it should have cost me. More importantly, its now running at +2s on the wrist, so the service obviously did its job and it also looks brand new (although there was barely a mark on it to begin with).

I think I may keep hold of it now, as I have something of an attachment to it; it's one of the cleanest executions of a PC out there (Moser probably hold that title, actually) and to my mind it's far, far nicer than the current 42mm model with the Roman numerals. For now, here's a photo to relieve some of the CV-19 related boredom. It's a lovely thing.

Last edited by learningtofly; 30th March 2020 at 12:37.