OK this isn't the greatest disaster in the world - even in WIS terms, but I'm baffled!

Like most of my watches, my Seiko Solar diver is on a silcone strap with normal 3-fold deployment clasp. I was wearing it yesterday morning, then took it off to put something else on. Being a solar watch, I usually put it on a window sill to sunbathe when I'm not wearing it. I moved it to another sunny location later on during the day. Apart from this I didn't go near it.

When I came to put it back in during the evening, I found I couldn't as the centre (link) part of the 3-fold clasp had been bent round almost to a right angle! But how??? Bending the metal isn't easy - its stanless steel and its so rigid I can't bend it back by hand or in fact bend it at all. So for it to have bent must have taken a huge force, so its hard to see how this could be done accidentally. But I live alone and in these days of self isolating, no-one else to my knowledge came to the house. So I'm utterly baffled!! Do I have a watch focussed poltergeist?

Anyway, I have a couple of other clasps salvaged from failed straps, so I was able to replace it in a matter of seconds.