closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: NHBC Guarantees

NHBC Guarantees

Does anyone know if you can extend the building guarantee on a house? I’m assuming it’s really just an insurance policy.

Also, does anyone has any experience good or bad with a Gazco gas fires?

Thanks in advance
    It's just a matter of time...

Not sure if you can extend but I will say they are very good.

We had an issue with our roof after 8 years they assessed and sorted it all out in a few weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s good to know.

I have just under a couple of years remaining on a new to me property, so just wanted to know if it was possible.

Craftsman

NHBC Guarantees

Nhbc are very keen I must admit they make sure the houses are built correctly. As a builder , they give good inspection throughout the build to avoid claims further down the line, but I have built houses with different insurance companies checking throughout who barely look at the work. I’ve heard they come back promptly to fix any mistakes and I’m sure they do a extended warranty package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I found it to be pretty good too I had a leak near a dormer window. Initial claim was rejected but they did s follow up inspection and approved the repairs. They paid for the window to be put right and for the room to be painted it was handled very efficiently I think I was in year 7 of the cover when I made the claim I was the second owner

Blog Entries
    I used to work for the NHBC many years ago (back office IT systems development). At that point I don’t believe you could extend the new build 10y guarantee.

I suggest buying your own suitable building insurance instead?

http://www.nhbc.co.uk/Homeowners/

years:
    0-2y new build warranty
    3y-10y insurance

check the FAQ
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 28th March 2020 at 10:04.

Master
    Blog Entries
    In my experience it’s a sliding level of cover and by year 10 most potential issues will be classed as wear and tear age related so they won’t pay out. Just get some robust buildings insurance would be my choice.

Blog Entries
    In my experience Gazco fires breakdown a lot and are extremely expensive to repair , I wouldn’t fit or own another

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    In my experience Gazco fires breakdown a lot and are extremely expensive to repair , I wouldn’t fit or own another
    One of the reasons I asked was because the fitted fire had quite a scarily large bill for servicing and service kit in November, with the previous owners - and I’m assuming that it might be a regular thing