closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Haircuts In A Time Of Coronavirus

Erm.

We brought my big bro to stay with us about 5 weeks ago because he was in a Mencap assisted living environment (to all intents and purposes a care home).

Had he not come to us he’d have been locked down for 12 weeks in his room with meals delivered to his door and totally cut off. Obviously we weren’t having that.

But based on the “haircut” I tried to give him tonight I think that may have been more humane.

For the record. He bloody loves it. And also we have a hairdresser mate who can sort the fade out tomorrow.

Still.

A barber I am not!

Proud to say I did a blend quite successfully yesterday. About 3 on top and 1 back and sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jfb1977 View Post
    Erm.

We brought my big bro to stay with us about 5 weeks ago because he was in a Mencap assisted living environment (to all intents and purposes a care home).

Had he not come to us he’d have been locked down for 12 weeks in his room with meals delivered to his door and totally cut off. Obviously we weren’t having that.

But based on the “haircut” I tried to give him tonight I think that may have been more humane.

For the record. He bloody loves it. And also we have a hairdresser mate who can sort the fade out tomorrow.

Still.

A barber I am not!

Top cuttin' - and the best smile I have seen for a good while.

Agreed - I smiled at his smile! Fair play to you both.

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    Top cuttin' - and the best smile I have seen for a good while.
    It’s a nightmare. But he’s genuinely loving it. Happy customer.

What a lovely smile, makes my day.

Maybe best if you hold off for a moment before giving up your day job though?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

I am very pleased with the result, and impressed with my own dexterity, so much so that I feel enabled to try my hand at DIY facial reconstructive surgery.
    Superb!!!! Funny as.....!!!!

Erm.

Still.

A barber I am not!

Love that mate, good on you both....

Great smile, and some great cuts!

The time has come, and this weekend my 2 sons and I face our fate at the hands of my wife....

Craftsman
    No problems here

Being shaving my heed for years.

Just hope I don't run out off blades :)

Master
    i shaved my head two weeks ago but i have to do loads of video meetings, so perhaps not the best idea. is cheap though and very easy to manage

I’m fast heading for a George Michael/Careless Whisper look myself. My youngest has Down’s - turned 17 last week - and won’t let anyone near his hair so my wife has perfected a sort of 70’s Suzi Quattro look for him, when he lets her take the odd snip. Not that he cares, never stops smiling and chuckling - keeping me sane at the moment tbh!

Lovely picture

Mrs V keeps threatening to cut mine

This is quickly turning into one of the best threads in here I say. No one is moaning or taking jabs and it’s a smile every time I look at it. Well done gents and well done to those siblings and children also enjoying the handicraft of their families.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I’m fast heading for a George Michael/Careless Whisper look myself. My youngest has Down’s - turned 17 last week - and won’t let anyone near his hair so my wife has perfected a sort of 70’s Suzi Quattro look for him, when he lets her take the odd snip. Not that he cares, never stops smiling and chuckling - keeping me sane at the moment tbh!

Great picture and definite likeness there.

Personally, no change - just using clippers as normal. Haven’t shaved for weeks though and turns out my beard is surprisingly grey!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Mrs V keeps threatening to cut mine
    There is a certain amount of fear in your eyes there.....

Mine is doing the same. With scissors as we don't have clippers. Unfortunately our son didn't have much of a choice. I'm sticking to my guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Great picture and definite likeness there.

Personally, no change - just using clippers as normal. Haven’t shaved for weeks though and turns out my beard is surprisingly grey!
    There’s a funny story there. When Harry was born he was a few weeks premature and was in an incubator for about a month. My eldest was the spitting image of me when he was born, but Harry didn’t seem to bear much resemblance. On the night after the birth my brother and I went out for a pint, and I joked that Harry looked more like him than me - we shared the joke in the hospital with my wife and all laughed. 3 months later (!) Harry was diagnosed as having Down’s and everyone was in a state of shock, especially at the lateness of the diagnosis. Whole family round the table discussing the implications, his future etc - when my brother suddenly pipes up, with a chuckle ‘hang on, you said he looks like me!’ Which resulted in lots of giggles and broke the sombre mood, and made us realise everything would turn out ok in the end. He’s certainly a handful at times but he’s so happy - all of the time - he can’t help but make me smile

Great picture Robdad👍

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    This is quickly turning into one of the best threads in here I say. No one is moaning or taking jabs and it’s a smile every time I look at it. Well done gents and well done to those siblings and children also enjoying the handicraft of their families.
    You got a problem with that??

Looks like the opposite to me.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Attempted the impossible today. The haircut for the dog. Couldn’t get near the face, and clippers not strong enough to handle a dogs coat. Sheep shearers required methinks

My son is currently sporting what I can only describe as a mullet thanks to my wife. The time when I will need a haircut is approaching and I am afraid.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Went for a #4 on top and a #2 on the back and sides but sadly due to thinning on top it looks like a #2 all over! It doesn't suit me yet somehow I think I prefer it. Shame I can't enjoy the benefit by using the motorbike!

Previous two posts really need photos. Can't wait to see the mullet.

I'm not one for photos. You will just have to imagine an adult version of the boy from Up! with a #2 all over

^^ I rescind my previous request. That is a powerful image.

Blog Entries
    Did a #4 on top and #2 on the sides and back, with a little help from my 20 yr old daughter and my trusty Wahl trimmers. Though I really needed a longer attachment (i.e. #6,7 or 8 but only have #1-4) as #4 on top is a little too short for my liking. It doesn't look too bad IMHO and better than the alternative of growing it out.

My 13 yr old son isn't convinced but I'm working on him...

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Went for a #4 on top and a #2 on the back and sides but sadly due to thinning on top it looks like a #2 all over! It doesn't suit me yet somehow I think I prefer it. Shame I can't enjoy the benefit by using the motorbike!
    I know exactly what you mean - I'm thinning rapidly too. In fact, I took mine further with a 2 on the top and back and a 1 at the sides, and after a day or two I decided that it's going to be my default haircut now.

The days when i could run my fingers through my hair seem like a VERY distant memory now.

My wife cut my hair using a grade 5. I usually have grade 3 sides and back with a trim on top as my hair is thinning/receding but thought to play safe. I did say to my wife that if it all went wrong I was happy for it to taken to grade 1 which seemed to take any pressure and responsibility off. It turned out fine.

With new found confidence, my wife started cutting my son's hair like she was a top stylist at Tony & Guy.

For reasons unknown, she went with the trimmers from forehead to the top/back. Luckily it was on grade 5 and I managed to rescue the somewhat wonky fringe. My son was what's wrong dad, nothing son, I'm just helping. It turned out fine also.

Home haircuts from now on I think.

Successful cuts for me and both of my sons! I went for a 2 on the back and sides and a 3 on top with the front left a bit longer. Boys had a 5 on top, and 3 on the back and sides.

My oldest son is a bit bald at the back where I tried to tidy his neckline with a number 1...

I’m loving my work webex meetings, and the variety of different haircuts and facial hair that people are cultivating (not the women)!

I went bald at 22 so I have cut my own hair (the one hair that remains) for years.
    However I can’t trim my beard to save my life it always ends up a total mess so I used to visit the barbers once a month. I have now resorted to a number 3 all across the face. I must invest in some nose/ear clippers as his is really getting out of hand!
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 27th April 2020 at 14:13.

My in-laws are always moaning that I get my hair cut too short. So, ha, to them. I'm beginning to look like a refugee from the 60's

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Did a #4 on top and #2 on the sides and back, with a little help from my 20 yr old daughter and my trusty Wahl trimmers. Though I really needed a longer attachment (i.e. #6,7 or 8 but only have #1-4) as #4 on top is a little too short for my liking. It doesn't look too bad IMHO and better than the alternative of growing it out.

My 13 yr old son isn't convinced but I'm working on him...
    I did 7 on the top, 4,3,2 on the sides

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No problem fading in the lockdown beard this morning

Craftsman

Haircuts In A Time Of Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Get yourself one of these bad boys

Aargh! I remember my dear old Mum attacking me with one of those as a lad.

Having heard beards were possibly not a good idea I had a full shave a few days before lockdown.

Big mistake! Looked far too like my brother.

Thankfully beard Is looking half decent and what little hair on top (read sides really) has almost returned to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Definitely seeing more home-haircuts when out for our daily walk. Wifey coloured hers last week using a DIY kit and it turned out very well, she’s trimmed her fringe and that’s OK too. Mine’s almost ready for another do with the clippers, Mrs W is looking forward to it

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Definitely seeing more home-haircuts when out for our daily walk. Wifey coloured hers last week using a DIY kit and it turned out very well, she’s trimmed her minge and that’s OK too. Mine’s almost ready for another do with the clippers, Mrs W is looking forward to it
    Thanks for letting us know. Interesting!

Get her to shave it next time

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Thanks for letting us know. Interesting!

Get her to shave it next time
    Kirk, you’re a very naughty boy........Mrs W was not amused when I showed her this......she says it itches too much when its growing back!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Definitely seeing more home-haircuts when out for our daily walk. Wifey coloured hers last week using a DIY kit and it turned out very well, she’s trimmed her minge and that’s OK too. Mine’s almost ready for another do with the clippers, Mrs W is looking forward to it

There’s a funny story there. When Harry was born he was a few weeks premature and was in an incubator for about a month. My eldest was the spitting image of me when he was born, but Harry didn’t seem to bear much resemblance. On the night after the birth my brother and I went out for a pint, and I joked that Harry looked more like him than me - we shared the joke in the hospital with my wife and all laughed. 3 months later (!) Harry was diagnosed as having Down’s and everyone was in a state of shock, especially at the lateness of the diagnosis. Whole family round the table discussing the implications, his future etc - when my brother suddenly pipes up, with a chuckle ‘hang on, you said he looks like me!’ Which resulted in lots of giggles and broke the sombre mood, and made us realise everything would turn out ok in the end. He’s certainly a handful at times but he’s so happy - all of the time - he can’t help but make me smile

Absolutely Brilliant, Gents I salute you all.....

Craftsman
    Erm.

Still.

A barber I am not!

I think he looks great! Suits him.

I'm going to leave mine until it is possible to have it attended to by my regular provider..

[QUOTE=notnowkato;5400425]I'm going to leave mine until it is possible to have it attended to by my regular provider..

I probably would too if I had enough to worry about. Mine grew back from shaved to ‘normal length’ In About two weeks.

Blog Entries

Haircuts In A Time Of Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Turns out my Wahl hair clippers don't work anymore.
    Undaunted, I attacked it with my beard trimmer - to #1 length (ish)
    It took a while & the battery ran out before I'd finished... but I did complete it.
    z
    I checked the result with the iPhone - & here's the result...
    (photo edited to B&W of course)

z
    Last edited by zelig; 1st May 2020 at 23:55.

Couldn't you have waited until tomorrow morning to post this?

I doubt I will be able to sleep tonight now.

Blog Entries
    Couldn't you have waited until tomorrow morning to post this?

I doubt I will be able to sleep tonight now.
    Unintentionally, it reminded me of Travis ...

Sleep tight

z

I checked the result with the iPhone - & here's the result...
    (photo edited to B&W of course)

z
    What’s the fungus growing on your head mate? Is it edible?

Shame I don’t like mushrooms.

Can your head grow salt and vinegar crisps instead?!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    What’s the fungus growing on your head mate? Is it edible?

Shame I don’t like mushrooms.

Can your head grow salt and vinegar crisps instead?!
    LOL - Certainly feels like I’ve got a head full of fungus this morning.... didn’t need that last tequila ...
    (that’s another rabbit hole this forum has led me down)

...anyhow - your turn next ...?

z
    Last edited by zelig; 2nd May 2020 at 07:17.

LOL - Certainly feels like I’ve got a head full of fungus this morning.... didn’t need that last tequila ...
    (that’s another rabbit hole this forum has led me down)

...anyhow - your turn next ...?

z
    Did this about a week ago - probably time for another one, and perhaps a bit of manscaping

Thomas Reid
    It is funny how one can be mistaken about what one wants. After a conversation with my wife, I found out that what I really wanted was to revert back to parting on the side rather than the center, not to have hair long enough to braid, and, most surprisingly of all, that I really wanted her to have a go at cutting my hair.

Best wishes,
    Bob