closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Haircuts In A Time Of Coronavirus

Sorry Bob

'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Sorry Bob

Close, but not quite. :)

Best wishes,
    Bob

PS I showed this to Penelope, and she thought it was very good!
    RLF
    Last edited by rfrazier; 3rd May 2020 at 19:03.

I used to go mine #0 all over every 6 months or so but it has been a little more sensible recently

I've given myself a lock down trim once so far - 6 on top graded down to 1 and off with the beard and it worked out remarkably ok. I now look several years younger but appear to have more chins that I realised.

I'm nearly due another cut and may go for #0 again, but there's always that worry... what do I do if the trimmer fails half way through..?

Blog Entries
    Getting shorter by the week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I used to go mine #0 all over every 6 months or so but it has been a little more sensible recently

I've given myself a lock down trim once so far - 6 on top graded down to 1 and off with the beard and it worked out remarkably ok. I now look several years younger but appear to have more chins that I realised.

I'm nearly due another cut and may go for #0 again, but there's always that worry... what do I do if the trimmer fails half way through..?
    isolate for about 60 mins while it recharges - then finish the job...as I did

z

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Did this about a week ago - probably time for another one, and perhaps a bit of manscaping

Is that a head or a testicle?
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    A testicle, obviously. Why on earth would I post a picture of my head?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Testicle? With arms?

Saw my two nieces yesterday, social distancing of course.

I asked the youngest if I should a) keep growing my hair b) shave it all off or c) have a mohawk.

That's the last time I ask a 4yo for grooming tips.

Mohawk

That’s class. I’d never have the balls to sport a mohawk!

Blog Entries
    My self inflicted #1 is growing out already ... time for another go soon...

z

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Saw my two nieces yesterday, social distancing of course.

I asked the youngest if I should a) keep growing my hair b) shave it all off or c) have a mohawk.

That's the last time I ask a 4yo for grooming tips.
    Using small children as an excuse, sneaky.

Me and the 8 and 5 year old sported mohawks last summer hols, SWMBO wasn't happy but it the kids made the decision

Quote Originally Posted by RAFF View Post
    That’s class. I’d never have the balls to sport a mohawk!

To be honest I only did it late this afternoon and I haven't been out in public yet! I still have the option of shaving it all off, work tomorrow could be quite interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by KNog View Post
    Using small children as an excuse, sneaky.

Me and the 8 and 5 year old sported mohawks last summer hols, SWMBO wasn't happy but it the kids made the decision
    If I'd asked my 7yo niece I'd have probably got a different answer, and I've a feeling that the younger one knew exactly what she was doing!

That sounds cool to do that with your kids
    Last edited by CardShark; 22nd May 2020 at 00:12.

That’s awesome! I’d have a go but I don’t have enough hair on the top of my head !

Twenty years since I last sat in hairdresser's salon and in that time I've likely saved £3K by trimming my own hair ... less the cost of maybe 10 electric trimmers. Philips seem to last longest - and they have better accessories e.g. a mini trimmmer for 'awkward' areas :)

My scalp gets a No.'0' every 2 or 3 days.

I usually wear a cap / hat when out hence the 'tide mark' ... but the peak gets in the way when using a camera

baldy dunk
    Last edited by sundial; 22nd May 2020 at 10:27. Reason: typo
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    That’s awesome! I’d have a go but I don’t have enough hair on the top of my head !
    Maybe go for the late Keith Flint from the Prodigy do

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

what cult are you recruiting for?
    sorry mate, was just my first thought :)

Craftsman
    Having braved a full shave I'm now looking for advise on moisturizer to keep my head from drying out, any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post

I did similar once - staying in a hotel and meeting in the morning decided to "smarten" myself up with a quick trim. Part way through I dropped the clippers and broke the guard - tried some repairs which failed and so ended up with close to No 1 instead of 3 although as I don't have much hair it looked fine it wasn't the start to a week's tour of the UK I had planned although it did distract me from worrying about my presentation!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xpatx View Post
    Having braved a full shave I'm now looking for advise on moisturizer to keep my head from drying out, any recommendations?
    I’ve realised I was more balding than I thought & now go with a 0.5 comb all over. Really enjoy the lack of effort required.

https://www.superdrug.com/Hair/Hair-...Tonic/p/392503

I’ve use this along with the scalp shampoo and conditioner for the last week or so & has been brilliant, no itching scalp or flakes at all.

And cheap too which is unusual!

My hair is longer than it was when I was in college in the '60s! Tomorrow I get to fix that.

No haircut since Mid Jan (messed up my timing pre lockdown...) - so far so good. Ish. My hair just gets really thick, so not that long. Sideburns need a bit of tidying up every few weeks, but slowly getting annoyed with it. However I think whenever I see a hairdresser, I may just get a bit of a style up and continue growing it a bit longer....

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I did similar once - staying in a hotel and meeting in the morning decided to "smarten" myself up with a quick trim. Part way through I dropped the clippers and broke the guard - tried some repairs which failed and so ended up with close to No 1 instead of 3 although as I don't have much hair it looked fine it wasn't the start to a week's tour of the UK I had planned although it did distract me from worrying about my presentation!
    Ha!

it wasn't breaking the guard that worried me, it was the mechanism failing so I'd have a tuft-infested #1 over 2/3 of my scalp and have the remainder touching my shoulder, so it looked like a comb-over that wasn't combed over.

Master
    I’d have thought it unlikely. I just got rid of a £25 pair of Wahl I bought 20yrs ago. Still going strong but probably of an age before cost cutting came into play.

Have replaced them with the Wahl cordless detail pro li. Wow what an upgrade, only has combs 0.5, 1 & 1.5 but that’s all I need now I’ve embraced my balding since lock down.

So much closer cut with the blade set to zero gap, like properly being at the barbers, can literally shave with it if I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I’d have thought it unlikely.
    I would have thought it would be one of the most improbable things to happen.

Unless there was a lock down and no option to rectify.

In which case it becomes a near certainty!

I’d had enough earlier, got the clippers out. #4 followed by #2:

Clearing up afterwards is more of a pain the bum than actually cutting it. Memo to self, don’t leave it so long next time.

Cheers,

Plug

I do it in the garden

I used to do it over the wheelie bin, but now I'm doing it over the bath and then vacuuming the hair up

Thomas Reid
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I do it in the garden
    Birds do it, bees do it
    Even educated fleas do it ....

Best wishes,
    Bob

Craftsman
    I’ve realised I was more balding than I thought & now go with a 0.5 comb all over. Really enjoy the lack of effort required.

https://www.superdrug.com/Hair/Hair-...Tonic/p/392503

I’ve use this along with the scalp shampoo and conditioner for the last week or so & has been brilliant, no itching scalp or flakes at all.

And cheap too which is unusual!
    Thanks for that picked some up today from Super Drug but the instructions did make me laugh 'before application part the hair'
    What hair 😂

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xpatx View Post
    Thanks for that picked some up today from Super Drug but the instructions did make me laugh 'before application part the hair'
    What hair 😂
    I really do like the scent of the tonic, very pleasant indeed. I also use some facial wipes for a quick head refresh before going on a conference call so I’m not too shiny!

Given the price-value equation on this it’s a complete win for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Plug View Post
    I’d had enough earlier, got the clippers out. #4 followed by #2:

Clearing up afterwards is more of a pain the bum than actually cutting it. Memo to self, don’t leave it so long next time.

Cheers,

Plug
    My wife would have murdered me! You’re going to find hair appearing for days!

Best bit of a regular 0.5 grade is it is like a fine dust, do it in the shower whilst still dry and cleanest any of my home hair cuts have ever been. Been styling my own for 20yrs, so this short all over is even easier than ever!

Might try a grade 1 next to be less bald, but who knows. Having really short hair has made me start lifting weights again as don’t want to be the fat bald bloke! Although as my lovely wife pointed out I’m a long way from Vin / Jason and unlikely to get there given my love of food and drink!

Quote Originally Posted by rfrazier View Post
    Birds do it, bees do it
    Even educated fleas do it ....

Best wishes,
    Bob
    I wish more people would break into song on here. Might diffuse the tension.

*clears throat*

"I see trees of green,
    Red roses too..."

My wife would have murdered me! You’re going to find hair appearing for days!

Best bit of a regular 0.5 grade is it is like a fine dust, do it in the shower whilst still dry and cleanest any of my home hair cuts have ever been. Been styling my own for 20yrs, so this short all over is even easier than ever!

Might try a grade 1 next to be less bald, but who knows. Having really short hair has made me start lifting weights again as don’t want to be the fat bald bloke! Although as my lovely wife pointed out I’m a long way from Vin / Jason and unlikely to get there given my love of food and drink!

I scooped most of it into a plastic bag before rinsing the sink out. Learnt that one the hard way. Then went all over the bathmat with the DustBuster to pick up the bits off the floor. Mop the sink with a face flannel, chuck flannel straight in washing machine. Job done, before the Mrs. gets home from work!

Cheers,

Plug

You realise you’re still a dead man, don’t you?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    You realise you’re still a dead man, don’t you?
    They always know!

I like to wait until the bathrooms have been cleaned ... just to leave no doubt in her mind.

Craftsman
    I'm still looking for a set of reasonably priced clippers. Everywhere I look, they are still out of stock or double/treble the rrp.

Quote Originally Posted by Captaincook View Post
    I'm still looking for a set of reasonably priced clippers. Everywhere I look, they are still out of stock or double/treble the rrp.
    Here you go https://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/pet-hair-clipper-set-with-dvd

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Thinking outside of the box. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captaincook View Post
    Thinking outside of the boxer. I like it.
    Fixed that for you.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Haha - I haven't got a dog, but with with 2 young kids and a wife that grew up with dog's the pressure is mounting. Would love a boxer.

so i use this one. its my second the first failed after 2 months but was exchanged under warranty, had no issues with it for the last 6 months.

loads of different grades, easy to hold and do by yourself. great value. results are great

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4123770

what is wrong with lacroix water

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    Twenty years since I last sat in hairdresser's salon and in that time I've likely saved £3K by trimming my own hair ... less the cost of maybe 10 electric trimmers. Philips seem to last longest - and they have better accessories e.g. a mini trimmmer for 'awkward' areas :)

My scalp gets a No.'0' every 2 or 3 days.

I usually wear a cap / hat when out hence the 'tide mark' ... but the peak gets in the way when using a camera

baldy dunk
    U wot m8?

Grand Master
    Recently had my 4th home-haircut using the £24 clippers bought from ebay, so they've now paid for themselves.

Mrs W is getting quite good at it.........cheeky mare even asked me for a tip last time!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I haven't cut mine since end of feb/beginning of March.
    Im just growing it.
    Made a pact with myself not to cut it til next year, im currently in the hair bobble or Alice band phase because without I look alarmingly like daryl from birds of a feather.
    NOICE!

I need to get mine cut soon. I look like that mechanic bloke off of early 'Wheeler Dealers' but not in a good way.

I've ditched the barbershop altogether now. I've always had a short hair cut...number 7 or 8 on top and a 1 back and sides. I was nervous about how to get the top faded into the sides but think I've just about mastered it after 4 coronavirus cuts. Yes, a barbershop haircut is a bit more polished, but without proper examination you are hard pressed to tell a difference.

I will probably stick with home cuts for the foreseeable...maybe only use the barbers prior to a special occasion. It's the time saving which means I am happier with a home cut...max 20 minutes and done rather than the 60 minutes to get to the barber, wait and have a hair cut.

I picked up a cheap Wahl trimmer for approx £22 and a cape for £8. It had certainly paid for itself with about 15 haircuts so far.

I did want the more expensive Wahl trimmer mentioned in a thread here but it was sold out everywhere.

I think I will continue for now with the cheaper trimmer as it is doing a fine job.

With my receding hair, I do not feel I am losing out.

I found that a number 6 all over the head, and the left and right ear thingies.