closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Haircuts In A Time Of Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    My response to my wife’s comment that I was getting a bit ‘Big Lebowski’ - I can cope with that!
    You must feel very proud.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeny View Post
    I used the 10% discount code by signing up to the newsletter as a new registration, and ended up with a full £10 off the £26.99p purchase price (I only expected a 10% discount of £2.69p)

Thank you Rod & Tony for your advice.
    I never knew the wedged guards were for around the ears.
    Just waiting for the £16.99p clippers to arrived within the next week.
    I found the same when using the discount code - £10 discount instead of 10%.

I bought a Wahl 79524-800 ChromePro Endurance from shavers.co.uk yesterday. It was sent same day so I’ll report back in a few days.

https://www.shavers.co.uk/hair-styli...r-clipper.html

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I bought a Wahl 79524-800 ChromePro Endurance from shavers.co.uk yesterday. It was sent same day so I’ll report back in a few days.

https://www.shavers.co.uk/hair-styli...r-clipper.html

25 piece... do you have to make it yourself ??

Just clippered my own hair as i was starting to get a bit out of shape,to be honest if this was 1983 i'd look the bo**ox,unfortunately it's not....However i have paid for much worse.

Master
    I'm just letting mine grow as my only other option is to let the wife cut it and that ain't gonna happen. She has an 'undercut' as she works in a hot environment (hospital) which was getting a bit shaggy so she attacked it with clippers by herself, the results were not good. I had to fix it for her and did a pretty good job too. I'm not under any delusions that this would go anything other than badly if i attempted to cut my own hair though.

Craftsman
    In them there mountainous Hills of Surrey
    Has anyone with cordless clippers managed to run out of battery half way through a trim - if so we need pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nuttington View Post
    Has anyone with cordless clippers managed to run out of battery half way through a trim - if so we need pictures...
    I try and do everywhere evenly rather than concentrating on one side first.

I have Philips rechargeable and highly recommend. Battery could last longer but mine is old, before Li-ion batteries commonplace (NiCad or NiMH?) and imagine newer version would fare far better.

Grand Master
    Need amazon to deliver those clippers soon. Downstairs looks like Don King riding an elephant
    RIAC

Not a mental image I need ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Not a mental image I need ^^^
    Probably somewhat aspirational, too.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Need amazon to deliver those clippers soon. Downstairs looks like Don King riding an elephant
    Am I reading too much into it or does it seem to imply you normally visit a barber for that?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Indian or African ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    No change for me, haven't been to a barbers in years. I just run the clippers over my head once a week with no wussy plastic guards on - none of this number 2 crap for me - bare blades on flesh is the only way to go.
    Same here, although I get the wife to do it. She also deal with stray ear hairs and eyebrows. I’m on my own with nostrils though.

Journeyman
    Normally a haircut every 2-3 weeks - struggling here!

Going to have a go myself with the clippers this weekend.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Got me some wahl power clippers today from boots. Should be a laugh if anything else.

My Wahl Chrome Pro corded clippers arrived today from Shavers.co.uk. I’ll give them a go over the weekend. They do seem pretty good and being corded are powerful.

I had a good cut just before lockdown, my lad on the other hand moans like an old woman about getting his cut, it’s now like a breakfast bap on top and messy round the sides, I cut his hair when he was small and can see me having a crack at it again, he’ll look like Kurtan from This Country when I’m finished..

Depending on how receding your hair is, if it’s not, then number 4 or 3 all over job done - if it is, then take the plastic bits off and go for it ...Not so good for children though, they don’t really suit shaved heads - get a mixing bowl out as a template !!..Tip - wet the hair so it does not fall in the the poor mites eyes and mouth like we had the other day, it can turn a nice hair cut into a traumatic experience.

Wahl's are for wimps!

Double edged razor, 100 blades at about £7.50 from Amazon and you're fixed up for the next 5 years. Invest all the money you save in a good quality hat.

Craftsman
    Just ordered this bad boy - carnage expected

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    After reading this I dug out my old clippers.

in the end I just used a number 2 not a brilliant job but who cares in isolation.

Master
    Number 0.5 all over today with the Wahl. No issues at all!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I have just taken delivery of some Wahl clippers as SWMBO has kindly volunteered to trim my hair in the not too distant. Very good of her but as neither of us have ever used clippers before, I am just a touch apprehensive!
    The upside is, however it goes, I am not planning to appear in public much in the near future.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I had a bash yesterday with my new Wahl cordless jobies and think I did a friggin awesome job if I do say so myself . Maybe the old Turkish barbers I go to will be seeing me less. Although I haven't tried burning my ear hair off or waxing my nostrils....yet!!!

Get yourself one of these bad boys

Like others, I had a haircut booked for a few days after we were on restricted movement so now my hair is the longest it’s been for years, I have also not shaved since I started ‘working from home’. One of my kids said I looked like a hobo yesterday . I can’t wait to see what I look like in a month or two.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Slightly off topic but been wondering how TV presenters are managing. They all pointedly sit 2m apart but who does their hair, make-up (fitting microphones even). Is it done by staff in PPE or presenters are doing their own (if so they still look ok so get rid of some staff).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thorpey69 View Post
    Just clippered my own hair as i was starting to get a bit out of shape,to be honest if this was 1983 i'd look the bo**ox,unfortunately it's not....However i have paid for much worse.

Pictures or it didn't happen :-)

B

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Get yourself one of these bad boys

Is that a nit comb?
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Journeyman
    Cracking job sir !

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Is that a nit comb?
    It would be one way to get them out and decapitate them at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    Is that a nit comb?
    You’re lucky if parents didn’t wield one!

https://youtu.be/8x4FNB7f69U

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    I had a bash yesterday with my new Wahl cordless jobies and think I did a friggin awesome job if I do say so myself . Maybe the old Turkish barbers I go to will be seeing me less. Although I haven't tried burning my ear hair off or waxing my nostrils....yet!!!

You've got weird hair. That looks more like thatch.

That looks like a good job. I’m assuming you used increasing grades as you went higher. How did you cut the top?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    ......!

For any cash-rich Wahleristis, these are a very good addition. Chalk and cheese.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    Looks more like silverback hair to me. Actually, the more I look at it there's a letter M on the side of my head.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    That looks like a good job. I’m assuming you used increasing grades as you went higher. How did you cut the top?
    Used No.2 upto the side then straight up. Then went 3,4 further up. After that a No. 8 on the very top from the middle of top of my head back. Lefty the length at the front. I'll try a No1 next time.

Used No.2 upto the side then straight up. Then went 3,4 further up. After that a No. 8 on the very top from the middle of top of my head back. Lefty the length at the front. I'll try a No1 next time.
    Thanks. Have ordered some clippers today...will be giving it a try.

Master
    Looks more like silverback hair to me. Actually, the more I look at it there's a letter M on the side of my head.
    I see it, I see it!!!😄😄😄

My previous remark contained jealousy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    For any cash-rich Wahleristis, these are a very good addition. Chalk and cheese.
    Interesting, mine are 20yrs old & a lot of wear on the combs from clipping them in.

Can't work out if 20yr old clippers came from an era before cost engineering happened & I should just buy some combs like these, or go full out on a new £100 cordless unit.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I have also not shaved since I started ‘working from home’. One of my kids said I looked like a hobo yesterday . I can’t wait to see what I look like in a month or two.
    Many years ago, during a heavy drinking session, a group of us set a challenge as to who could go the longest without giving in and having a shave. Many weeks passed and I had “won”, and can honestly say David Bellamy had nothing compared to how I ended up. Sadly no photographic evidence exists (to my knowledge).

Cheers

Foggy

I just let my girls give me a number 3 all over. They thought it was hilarious!

A word of advice.

Never ask a barber with a sense of humour for a number 2.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post

Comb, mirror, scissors....get on with it.
    Show us your self-haircut then....I've been thinking the same as I have it cut every 3-4 weeks....been checking out the haircutting tech.

Check this out...https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GFN5B...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
    Last edited by watchmad; 6th April 2020 at 09:39.

Banned
    My wife bought me home some clippers about 6 months ago ( wahl ) corded ones and I began cutting my own hair about 6 months ago . I take off the guard and it’s about a 0.5 all around . To be honest I’ve mastered it and couldn’t tell the difference between my barbers and my own haircut .

The reason I started doing my own hair was that I was having 2 haircuts a week and would wait at my barbers on average an hour or so and it was becoming such a chore . Plus I was spending around £30 with tips per week

I’ve actually managed to somehow have 2 different lengths now by flipping the clippers over and going over the sides a second time and getting even closer , so the sides are slightly shorter than the top then I blend it , I do the back blind but my wife always has a look over to check I’ve not missed any bits .

It’s the best thing I did considering the struggles some are having now with barbers being closed .

Wife trimmed the sides and back( of head) with new clippers, don’t need to worry about the top these days,
    just trim a few stragglers with scissors. She did a pretty good job.

Next on the list is the dog which is more of a problem, she hates the groomers and this morning
    got too jumpy when we tried to cut some around her face so we stopped but will have to revisit this
    before she cant see where she is going. Also she feels the heat if it gets too long and it’s starting to
    warm up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    You’re lucky if parents didn’t wield one!

https://youtu.be/8x4FNB7f69U
    Blimey, I remember that thing from my childhood, nasty