closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Haircuts In A Time Of Coronavirus

Grand Master
    Clippers arrived yesterday. I`ve considered doing mine at home for a while, going to the barbers is a chore I don`t enjoy, my hair gets cut with clippers when I go (no 4 on top, 3 up the sides) so it shouldn't be too difficult to replicate. My wife once worked in hairdressers many years ago, she claims she doesn't know how to cut hair but I think she's being modest and I`m sure she'll do a fine job on my hair. If it looks bad it'll soon grow again, and apart from a few folks we pass on our daily walk no-one's going to see it.

If the lockdown continues for another 3-4 weeks it'll be interesting to see how people's hair gets more unkempt, cutting hair is a skill and like any DIY activity the chances of getting it right first time are limited!

Craftsman
    Mrs SiSetts has just given moí a haircut. Been looking to buy some hair clippers but unable to source some.
    So we took the plunge and used my Remington PG6032 trimmer set. A bit slow going but happy with the result.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Got bored... shaved the head with clippers... no guard.

Who is going next ?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Did mine last night. No.1 all over. Wife is horrified.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Do hers while she sleeps.

Who is going next ?

That looks pretty good - well done on taking the plunge! Two things (well, three, actually) are stopping me from going from my usual #5/3 to a #1. My wife - who would go nuts - and my overly large ears.

Blog Entries
    Clippers charged & will be deployed this weekend...

z

Arrived Monday, charged by Tuesday, courage mustered up by Wednesday.

The baldy bit above my ear is from wearing my reading glasses - honest.
    #8 over the top, #4 on the side, wedges around my ears and across the back.
    Once every month or two should be good enough.

I'll be leaving it to grow for a while as non of the alternatives are that appealing.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    I asked SWMBO to give me a coronavirus haircut yesterday.

She took me at my word and the top of my head now resembles the virus

No "Skype" meetings for me for the next couple of weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I let my girls give me a number 3 all over. The wife actually liked it.

After a couple of days it was starting to annoy me....it weirdly felt too long! So I enrolled the same little barbers and went for a number 1 all over. I love it. My wife is now horrified too!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post

After a couple of days it was starting to annoy me....it weirdly felt too long! So I enrolled the same little barbers and went for a number 1 all over. I love it. My wife is now horrified too!
    I bet you look like a bloody convict

I’m having my first ‘domestic’ haircut tomorrow, no4 on top and 3 up the sides. Wifey was planning to practice on her daughters labrador first (on his belly where it wouldn’t show) but owing to social isolation we currently don’t gave access to him, so the clippers will be used for the first time on my head. What could go wrong?.........I’ll tell y’all tomorrow!l

Haha... I’m getting there by stealth. Started off with a 3/2 at the sides; I then went to a 2 all over; yesterday I gave the sides a 1; and in the next day or so I’m going with a 1 all over.

Bea absolutely hates it and reckons I look like a convict. She’s also forbidden me EVER to do it again, without realising that it’s still getting shorter by the day

Another in the no 1 all over camp. Can’t say I love it, but I don’t hate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I bet you look like a bloody convict l
    Erm my beard is longer than my hair now! No I’m not posting a photo as I’m too pretty for this forum.

Haircuts In A Time Of Coronavirus

A few days in the Easter sunshine, and what was a pure white scalp and sides from my no.1 has started to colour a little. It’s now starting to blend in with the colour of my face, so looks a bit more natural.

Even so, the wife has told me to grow my hair back, otherwise she may withhold one of life’s pleasures she has some control over.

Going to let my wife do the back and sides tomorrow with a #4 where I usually have a #3. If she does a decent job I'll let her go down to a #3 do the top with an 8 or a scissors in a week or two. Usually get a cut every 2 weeks and it's currently been 4 since my last cut.

Hahaha! I laugh in the face of your grades and guards!
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    I did my 7 year olds under lockdown a couple of weeks ago. He asked me for a Mohican.....

I thought I did ok.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Master
    I'm taking the opposite route. I've never seen what I look like with longer hair so I am not going to cut it until we are allowed out. Fortunately I had it cut about two weeks before lock down so it is only just beginning to look a bit untidy. Who knows, might even go for a mullet

Master
    I borrowed my son’s beard trimmer and cut mine this morning, not sure what grade it is - barely a millimetre of growth. It’s a little drastic but will soon grow back.

As I’m not working I have gone for a Travis Bickle look. The missus is not impressed!

Master
    Lot of drama queening here.

Hair grows at about half an inch per month and no one is going to notice if your hair is even one inch too long.

Just calm down, let your hair carry on growing and keep the hairdresser in a job by getting them to cut your hair when this fuss is over.

Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    I borrowed my son’s beard trimmer and cut mine this morning, not sure what grade it is - barely a millimetre of growth. It’s a little drastic but will soon grow back.
    Come on Klunk... where are the photos!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post

Hair grows at about half an inch per month and no one is going to notice if your hair is even one inch too long.

Just calm down, let your hair carry on growing and keep the hairdresser in a job by getting them to cut your hair when this fuss is over.
    Mick, standards have to be maintained!

Short hair grows quicker than long hair, it must do because it doubles it’s length faster (OK, flaw in the logic there, but you get the point). Once the length has doubled twice it starts losing shape and looking somewhat unkempt. It’s bad enough being in lockdown, but being in lockdown and looking like a scruffy twat really isn’t on.

Mrs Walker did a fine job on mine yesterday, without having Ozzie the Labrador (daughters dog) to practice on and get the ‘feel ‘ of the clippers she was faced with the challenge of climbing the learning curve rapidly whilst removing hair from my head. Have to say she’s made a decent job of it, even managed to trim my eyebrows without causing pain and suffering. The cheap ‘made in China’ rechargeable clippers seem OK, no complaints on that score.

Next week will be a challenge, Mrs W has bought a hair colouring kith and I shall be administering it onto her flowing locks. There’s scope for this to not end well, we’re both aware of that, but she insists that I do the whole lot. I’d be happier touching up her grey bits first to get the ‘feel’ of it, but she’s adamant.

There will soon come a point at which her hair needs cutting, not sure which size basin to use.....decisions decisions

Run along, this is no place for you, people are enjoying themselves here.

Master
    The wife cut mine yesterday (she's not an hairdresser) and did a really good job

Master
    Come on Klunk... where are the photos!
    I’ll get one on later, but I warn you, it’s not pretty😳

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Mick, standards have to be maintained!

Short hair grows quicker than long hair, it must do because it doubles it’s length faster (OK, flaw in the logic there, but you get the point). Once the length has doubled twice it starts losing shape and looking somewhat unkempt. It’s bad enough being in lockdown, but being in lockdown and looking like a scruffy twat really isn’t on.

Mrs Walker did a fine job on mine yesterday, without having Ozzie the Labrador (daughters dog) to practice on and get the ‘feel ‘ of the clippers she was faced with the challenge of climbing the learning curve rapidly whilst removing hair from my head. Have to say she’s made a decent job of it, even managed to trim my eyebrows without causing pain and suffering. The cheap ‘made in China’ rechargeable clippers seem OK, no complaints on that score.

Next week will be a challenge, Mrs W has bought a hair colouring kith and I shall be administering it onto her flowing locks. There’s scope for this to not end well, we’re both aware of that, but she insists that I do the whole lot. I’d be happier touching up her grey bits first to get the ‘feel’ of it, but she’s adamant.

There will soon come a point at which her hair needs cutting, not sure which size basin to use.....decisions decisions
    walkerwek1958

I suspect that you will only person to notice when you gawp at yourself in the mirror.

I am using this lockdown as an opportunity to grow my hair out or to be realistic, about an inch to one and a half inches longer. You got to experiment a bit.

Women can allow theirs to grow, their main problem is the grey creeping through.

Der amp

This is the G&D, not the BP. Please keep your vituperative comments to yourself.

Der amp

This is the G&D, not the BP. Please keep your vituperative comments to yourself.
    Mick F

This is the G&D, not your living room. Please keep your miserable hectoring comments to yourself.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Mick F

This is the G&D, not your living room. Please keep your miserable hectoring comments to yourself.
    oh the irony

Who is going next ?

That's how I spend my life!!

anyone know why I'm getting this annoying photobucket strip across my pics all of a sudden please??
    I've paid for the extra bloody storage what more do they want???
    Last edited by spuds; 17th April 2020 at 16:59.

oh the irony
    I'm looking forward to your being able to give an example of some nice breezy G&D chat you've started and which I've insultingly interrupted. I know that being unpleasantly disagreeable is your only gear, but can't you leave this pleasant little corner of the forum alone? Surely there's someone wondering whether to sell their GMT who's crying out for your delicately textured advice?

Master
    I'm looking forward to your being able to give an example of some nice breezy G&D chat you've started and which I've insultingly interrupted. I know that being unpleasantly disagreeable is your only gear, but can't you leave this pleasant little corner of the forum alone? Surely there's someone wondering whether to sell their GMT who's crying out for your delicately textured advice?
    Like I said, please return to the BP. Let's leave it at that.

CNN's Anderson Cooper:

I think we should have a dedicated sub-forum with only Mick in residence and then all of us could come and knock on the door whenever we need his valuable advice. Mick should be given moderator superpowers for that sub-forum and he'd be free to ban whomever he feels appropriate (with the exception of himself).

Off to start a petition about this.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

The last haircut I had before the lockdown was really good, and so despite getting very thick in places, it's kept its shape. Vaguely.

Since it's not hot enough yet for the undergrowth to be getting on my nerves, I'm going to hold off on the self-mutilation, for the time being.

Run along, this is no place for you, people are enjoying themselves here.
    Since losing his job at Askaban, Mick struggles to practice his powers.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Cabin fever craziness set in so got out the Bic for a ‘Grandad cut’. The wife wasn’t keen. Hahaha.

Did a #4.5 over the back and sides earlier and a #1 on my beared (#0.5 moustache and 'soul patch'). Left the top as I don't have a #8 guard.

Overall looks better than it was yesterday and fine for Teams/Zoom meetings, but it is a terrible haircut. Might try do it weekly to practice and will order a #8 guard this week.

Attacked sons head today

Thomas Reid
    I'm letting mine grow until <whenever>. Until earlier today, I had it parted on the side. But it was getting a bit long for that. Now it is parted in the middle. It doesn't look uneven, but if it is, I'll tidy it up in a few weeks. If it gets too long, I'll braid it. I've done it before. I didn't cut my hair from the time I got out of the USCG in 1978 until about 1985. Then I cut it all off so that I could go faster (while being cooler -- temperature-wise) on my bicycle.

Best wishes,
    Bob

PS In my shed teaching room. I ordered a green screen but it got sent to the wrong place (town, county), and I got a sun lounger instead. Who knows when and how it will get straightened out.

RLF
    Last edited by rfrazier; 20th April 2020 at 11:11.

Damn we are a bunch of good looking people on this thread!

Let’s see some more heads... and we’ll done to the fine young gentleman partaking in the thread. Good job!

Master
    Ok, this is what you do, let the missus have a look at this video and then let her loose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6vsGgpiMNk

I felt as though I should respond to canuck's plea in a previous post for more images of self-isolating haircuts.
    Here is my before and after:

I am very pleased with the result, and impressed with my own dexterity, so much so that I feel enabled to try my hand at DIY facial reconstructive surgery.

Blog Entries
    Turns out my Wahl hair clippers don't work anymore.

Undaunted, I attacked it with my beard trimmer - to #2 length (ish)
    It took a while & the battery ran out before I'd finished.

The back was a real tufty mess just as the battery gave out so I had an hour or so looking like a convict before I could finish it off.

z
    Last edited by zelig; 22nd April 2020 at 19:01.

But if I look like a hippy on WebEx will my team still listen to me Mick?! Also it takes at least another couple of minutes to dry long hair (time I can ill afford during this lockdown), plus I don’t have the right product for longer hair. Not sure how you can’t see the seriousness of this topic?

Over 3 months now and counting without a haircut. I'm shuddering to see how it will look in two months. Mainly the sideburns and around the ears. But it shall endure. I've now embraced the 80s headband look

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    I felt as though I should respond to canuck's plea in a previous post for more images of self-isolating haircuts.

I am very pleased with the result, and impressed with my own dexterity, so much so that I feel enabled to try my hand at DIY facial reconstructive surgery.
    Looking very dapper there sir! Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    I feel enabled to try my hand at DIY facial reconstructive surgery.
    Def Amf needs you!