closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Haircuts In A Time Of Coronavirus

Master
    The only thing annoying me about a 0.5 all over is the frequency I need to cut it for it to look good. After a few days, the ‘thinner’ areas are rapidly out grown by the thicker sides.

I’ve gone for a no. 1 on the wahl clippers (my 5 year old daughter is getting good at it!) followed by a ‘polish’ with the beard trimmer (closest setting, 1mm). Hair is so decadent!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I found that a number 6 all over the head, and the left and right ear thingies.
    I find the same length all over makes my head look like a microphone. I definitely need a much shorter length on the sides than the top!

I look like a microphone anyway.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Grand Master
    I still have enough hair to be worth cutting it properly, but I’ve had it really short for the past 10+ years and it's quite easy to do at home with the clippers. No 4 on top, 3 at the sides, trim my eyebrows, job done.

Going to the hairdresser/ barber is a distress purchase, I put it off because I don’t enjoy it, I haven’t got the patience to wait more than 10 minutes, getting it done at home makes sense. It doesn’t need to be perfect, Mrs W has done a fine job so far and I don’t see any reason to change from home haircuts.

Cheeky mare still isn’t getting a tip!

Still cutting my own hair with the help of my wife. Not the same job the barber does but doubt I'll be going back to the barbers anytime soon if ever. As someone mentioned earlier I might just leave the barbers for special occasions and stick to doing it at home otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I might just leave the barbers for special occasions ......
    You can buy them in supermarkets now, Wileeeeey

Not sure if this is any use to anyone but I received an email a few days ago from Wahl expressing regret for delays with shipments and stock levels throughout the last few months. I had an email alert for stock notification so my actual order came within a few days of it being placed with no issues. Anyway Wahl included a discount code for use on their site as an apology. Looking at the generic nature I assume it’s not a one use voucher but can’t be used on sale or refurbished items. Not massive but would have saved me a few quid on the expensive trimmers I bought for my FIL.

15 % off using THANKYOU15

I’m off for an emergency haircut.

If I don’t get it done today, no idea when will be my next opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    I’m off for an emergency haircut.

If I don’t get it done today, no idea when will be my next opportunity
    Thanks for letting us know

Grand Master
    Who gives a shit what your hair looks like it’s not like you’re going out anywhere
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Who gives a shit what your hair looks like it’s not like you’re going out anywhere
    Maybe there is a chance that my missus will veto bedroom gymnastics if my head and back hair become one.

Cue smart arse responses.

Master
    Luckily had mine done last weekend

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Very good Steve.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I bought this one its much easier to use than with a cord.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7507...ippers:11:12:2

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Me too. Only my second trim since Feb. Would happily have my girlfriend do it tbf. Hassle free, when I want it done..and free.

Her fades aren’t exactly professional but they did the job March-August.

Cue smart arse responses.
    A side parting for your bum hair?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    A side parting for your bum hair?

No, that would be a cute smart arse response

Master
    was due a cut this week and luckily my barber opened today and squeezed me in.

last time I was due a cut on the day lockdown started; twas a long summer!

Haircuts In A Time Of Coronavirus

Time to break out the clippers again and give myself a no.1.

Either that or comb my neck hair over my bald patch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thankfully I've kept and enhanced my trimmer skills from the first lockdown. Not been the hairdresser's since.

I'm giving up all grooming this lockdown. No haircut, no shave. It's going to be difficult because my work likes to keep tabs on people with weekly cameras-on teams meetings. Personally, if I'm not leaving the house, I'm not shaving or cutting my hair either. Going to have to claim my camera isnt working because I'm going full hobo this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I'm giving up all grooming this lockdown. No haircut, no shave. It's going to be difficult because my work likes to keep tabs on people with weekly cameras-on teams meetings. Personally, if I'm not leaving the house, I'm not shaving or cutting my hair either. Going to have to claim my camera isnt working because I'm going full hobo this time round.
    “Cousin It”

'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

If I wasn’t follically challenged I quite like to go down the Mohican option.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coloured-Mo...ag=googhydr-21
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

I've got a proper widow's peak now, and I'm really tempted to carry the lines back to the rest of my head and leave a short-cropped Mohican sometime in the summer. Let's see how brave I'm feeling in six months!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    No change for me, haven't been to a barbers in years. I just run the clippers over my head once a week with no wussy plastic guards on - none of this number 2 crap for me - bare blades on flesh is the only way to go.
    Same here, don’t think I’ve been to a barber since the mid nineties. Cleaner, easier, the definition of low maintenance. Ironically, it’s now more a necessity than a choice... 😂

I've still got my Mohican from May. I don't have it running down the back of my head as there's no Mrs CS to do it for me and there's no way I'd be able to keep it straight trimming it myself, I quite like it as it is anyway.

Mohican

Master
    Been cutting mine since the 90s, all that has changed it the length; no longer can I get away with fading an 8 to a 2 due to a growing reversing patch.

Covid has taught me after an experimental grade 1 that I’m quite thin up top. Decided to splash out on a mm expensive set of Wahl detailer clippers and a 0.5 comb. They work really well & do it twice a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no problem with missing out on haircuts, but I’m struggling with the beard thing. Had one for 2 years, after a while it seems to grow more sideways than downwards and I end up trimming the sides - shortly thereafter it gets a bit too long on the chin and I trim it all back. I think I’ll have to go full Catweazle this time and just see what happens - normally my local barber expertly keeps it on check (he has more open bladed razors, trimmers, hot towels and skill than I’ll ever achieve) - if this lockdown continues, I’ll be ZZ top by June!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    I've still got my Mohican from May. I don't have it running down the back of my head as there's no Mrs CS to do it for me and there's no way I'd be able to keep it straight trimming it myself, I quite like it as it is anyway.

Mohican
    considering your doing that yourself, that’s an excellent haircut and a great mohican! well done sir