closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling Navitimer 8 41 DLC... Yay or nay

Breitling Navitimer 8 41 DLC... Yay or nay

I've an itch for this one... and thought to ask the local residents. Is it a try or a nay for you?

I like the shade of the faux patina, yet I'm not sure if in a while it will still be cool. Also, I wonder how the DLC will look like in a while...

The watch looks good to me but seems like a random model. Would probably only go for it myself if it happened to be on a big discount. If I were buying a Breitling, I’d probably go for a core model like a Navitimer or one of the digitals as that is what Breitling does best.

I'm not sure the DLC suits the faux aged lume - it's combining what is really quite a modern look with old school, and I don't think it's worked particularly well.

Like the function with the bezel and date though.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    I'm not sure the DLC suits the faux aged lume - it's combining what is really quite a modern look with old school, and I don't think it's worked particularly well.

Like the function with the bezel and date though.
    That about sums it up for me too. It seems to be trying to be two things and not doing it well.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Journeyman
    I'm afraid I'm another who's not keen, largely for the same reason. Looks like the strap, dial and case have been cobbled together from spares.

I like the look of it, nice and simple and I think the case, hands and numeral shades all go nicely together.

Okay, here we go.

This is exactly the kind of design I don't understand. I'm a HUGE Breitling fan. It might be my #2 favorite watch brand after classic Rolex but this watch doesn't have any design details that resembles me of an expensive Swiss watch.

I understand this kind of pictures don't always do justice but still...

The details in the flesh are well executed I'm sure (they're always like that on Breitlings) but the design...

Look at Chronomat B01. That's a stunner. Super Avenger is a stunner. Avenger Skyland is a stunner. Old Steelfish, etc.

This could say "CASIO" on the dial. It's not bad looking watch. But there's nothing "Breitling" in this watch for me.

Just my honest opinion. I don't particularly like many of their recent designs.

You better make sure it is a keeper because you will take a huge bath if you don't bond!

Many thanks for all the comments. Seems to be quite a Nay :)

I've the B01 and a nice, blue Colt. This one I think I sort of like precisely because it's a bit absurd, with the faux lume and the DLC case...

I found it on Chronext for about 2/3 of the list price... Pondering.

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    You better make sure it is a keeper because you will take a huge bath if you don't bond!
    Sounds like that old joke: John, you'd better marry a good looking woman, otherwise you'll be the only one sleeping with her :))

I’m also a big Breitling fan, currently owning three (Avenger Skyland, Avenger Seawolf & Navitimer World) and if I’m honest I think this one is awful. As with JPE, I don’t see any authentic Breitling DNA and I honestly don’t understand why it’s described as a Navitimer.

Even the black of the strap doesn’t go with the black of the case.

It’s a big ‘no’ from me...

Simon