closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Budget price stereo microscopes

Budget price stereo microscopes

http://www.usedmicroscopes.co.uk/bargains.html

http://www.usedmicroscopes.co.uk/stereomicroscopes.html

If considering purchase of a stereo microscope (useful for relaxed 3D examination of e.g. pivot holes) , Brunel Microscopes often has s/h and ex demo instruments. I bought a DM6 for my nephew and it's excellent .. has built-in incident illumination. It's battery powered … mains powered are a little more expensive.

If you're not sure which specification might suit your needs, I'm happy to advise. Best to choose an instrument with built-in illumination.

All the budget price modern stereo 'scopes are made in China but any Chinese models sold by Brunel are fine.

http://www.usedmicroscopes.co.uk/vintage.html
    In the Vintage section, older British models are listed e.g. Vickers and Beck … also worth considering but might lack built-in illumination.

Please don't confuse binocular compound microscopes with stereo models … stereo inspection models have a stereo objective lens(es) and are usually relatively low power i.e. 5x to 20x magnification

Stock listings are updated frequently

dunk
    Last edited by sundial; 27th March 2020 at 10:43.
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    That's interesting. I used to have two binocular microscopes. Both Victorian. One by Dancer, the other by Watson another London maker. They had fantastic lens quality. With polarisers.
    They are beautiful instruments.
    I also had loads of slides from The Challenger Expedition and micro photos of horrific battles from WW1.
    I sold them at Christies, had a clear out !
    I used a stereo microscope in Switzerland when adjusting horrible pallet stones. A job I hope to never have to do again !

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Brunel microscopes are nice people to talk to and i used their microscopes for some time. Now though I use meiji stereo microscopes at work for oiling and checking oiling/escapement issues. Have it on an arm so it gets pushed back to the edge of the bench when not in use. With a focal reducer (0.5) to increase working distance so I can work while looking. I use 10x eye pieces for most work and 20x for serious detail (think coaxial). So at minimum 3.5x magnification up to 22.5x with the 10x eye pieces and 7x - 45x with the 20x eye pieces.