closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My latest toy: Kubota

Blog Entries

My latest toy: Kubota

I finally bit the bullet: A Kubota mini digger. It was on my shortlist for some time and the storm Corrie tipped the scale for me. Again, a bunch of trees went down and are hanging into another tree / leaning onto another tree etc. With this machine, I can push them down etc. We've sold a few acres of wood, for the carpentry industry but it's still enough that can fall down in high winds.

Normally, these machines are expensive. This one was purchased on an online auction by a machine shop down the road for 'pocket money' because it needed a lot of TLC (repair!), which it got from the shop's mechanics. Now it's ready to go. I am dead certain that I would not have bought it had the price been 'market correct'.

Next stop: someone who's going to teach me how to operate this safely. First lesson tomorrow afternoon around 4PM. After that: sourcing more attachments because there's more than the two that came with this digger.

Menno

Last edited by thieuster; 2nd February 2022 at 20:52.

Master
    The ultimate boys toy!!

You'll be praying for storms now.

'Darling, my Kubota keys please'

Brilliant stuff - spent a lot of time in these and their better mates, takes a while to get used too but are you've got a few hrs under your belt you can do amazingly delicate things with them - and amazing powerful such as flipping cars back on their wheels when they are in a ditch (long story).

Craftsman
    Excellent buy and something on my wish list however, having just bought a new compact tractor it will have to wait.

A most excellent way to spend some free time. I've often had a little whirl in one my digger man brings to do my excavations.
    Very soothing to operate. Keep the revs just little above tick over, uses less fuel and takes the jerkiness out of inputs/actions. Enjoy !!

Blimey!!
    Cheers,
    Neil.