closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: ChronOris - experience?

Master

ChronOris - experience?

I've always been interested by the ChronOris. I'm referring to the date, non chronometer version. I noticed on another thread that Beaverbrooks have it on sale. I found a few earlier threads but was interested if anyone owns ones and their thought on the watch. How does it wear? What is the bracelet like. Would it work as a daily wearer? As I'm a fan of lume, what is the lume like?

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I've always been interested by the ChronOris. I'm referring to the date, non chronometer version. I noticed on another thread that Beaverbrooks have it on sale. I found a few earlier threads but was interested
    if anyone owns ones and their thought on the watch. How does it wear? What is the bracelet like. Would it work as a daily wearer? As I'm a fan of lume, what is the lume like?

I had one of the first re-issues a few years back. Well made, a pleasure to look at. It stood a bit tall on the wrist, more to do with the 7750 internals I imagine than anything else.
    That was the reason I flipped it in the end, the infamous 7750 rotor wobble. I just couldn't live with it and it remains the reason I'll never have anything based on a 7750 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I had one of the first re-issues a few years back. Well made, a pleasure to look at. It stood a bit tall on the wrist, more to do with the 7750 internals I imagine than anything else.
    That was the reason I flipped it in the end, the infamous 7750 rotor wobble. I just couldn't live with it and it remains the reason I'll never have anything based on a 7750 again.
    I had the old version but its lack of a second hand annoyed the life out of me - couldn’t test it’s accuracy

Craftsman
    I bought the Grey faced bullseye version.

Loved it. The only issue that proved significant for me was that i couldn't read the internal bezel numbers.

Bracelet was comfortable, but luminosity wasn't great (if that's your thing, think carefully - for me this wasn't a fundamental issue, the bezel legibility was)

Finally, having to use a second crown to turn the bezel, rather than turning with your fingers, proved to me that this sort of bezel set-up, whilst attractive, wasn't practical enough for me.

But accurate, and a great looker. Solid made well built watch.

Master
    Thanks for all the input. A few things to consider. I think I really need to see it in person so I'm going to have to wait for a bit.