closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Is it me....

  1. #1
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Reading, Berks
    Posts
    3,064

    Is it me....

    ....or has there been a marked increase of Rolex for sale on SC.

    I was looking 6-8 weeks ago and nothing....now however

  2. #2
    Grand Master Mr Curta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Mainly UK
    Posts
    10,534
    Is it me...

    ...or has this come up numerous times already?
    Don't Panic

  3. #3
    Master mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Is it me...

    ...or has this come up numerous times already?
    Yes it has and itís getting tedious.

    Iím pretty sure the search facility is actually still working, OP...

    Simon

  4. #4
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    957
    Quite a lot of discussion in this vein @

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-value-crashes

  5. #5
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Jockland
    Posts
    603

    Worldwide

    Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post
    ....or has there been a marked increase of Rolex for sale on SC.

    I was looking 6-8 weeks ago and nothing....now however
    You will find on nearly every watch forum sales section or secondary dealer inbox, a rapidly increasing number of watches from every brand looking for a new owner as current owners seek an urgent sale.

  6. #6
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Reading, Berks
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    Quite a lot of discussion in this vein @

    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-value-crashes
    Wasn't talking about a Rolex price crash.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    You will find on nearly every watch forum sales section or secondary dealer inbox, a rapidly increasing number of watches from every brand looking for a new owner as current owners seek an urgent sale.
    Kind of my point.....not a bad thing, just bad timing for me....I looked on page 1 and couldn't find a similar thread.....sorry I don't have the time to spend looking before I spill......but (usual suspects) feel free to call me lazy .
    Last edited by watchmad; 26th March 2020 at 16:35.

  7. #7
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    682
    ...Or is it me and is SC quieter than usual?

    I don't sell much but when I do the ad is usually on page 2 after 24h. Looking at it now the last thread on page 1 was 3 days ago, yet the WTB sub-forum seems to be ticking along nicely.

  8. #8
    Another thread on this?? How thrilling!

  9. #9
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    21,055
    I'm lucky enough to buy something because I like it, for others it seems appropriate to say - investments can go down as well as up.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  10. #10
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I'm lucky enough to buy something because I like it, for others it seems appropriate to say - investments can go down as well as up.
    True but just because someone is selling a Rolex doesn't mean they didn't like it when they bought it. Unprecedented times where literally people have gone from steady employment, with well paid jobs to no income in weeks.

  11. #11
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    21,055
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    True but just because someone is selling a Rolex doesn't mean they didn't like it when they bought it. Unprecedented times where literally people have gone from steady employment, with well paid jobs to no income in weeks.
    Agreed, no argument from me - dark days with more to come.

    Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  12. #12
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    swansea uk
    Posts
    714
    Go on the Rolex forum SC and you will get a considerably better picture of what is going on with Rolex right now.

  13. #13
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Reading, Berks
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Go on the Rolex forum SC and you will get a considerably better picture of what is going on with Rolex right now.
    Thanks but I shan't bother, it was a passing comment I made when killing time :)

  14. #14
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Reading, Berks
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Another thread on this?? How thrilling!
    Thanks for the comment.

  15. #15
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    sunny yorkshire
    Posts
    2,757
    It's a Rolex Bonanza at present in Sales section

    Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Master pacifichrono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,048
    Is it me...


    ...yes, it's you.

  17. #17
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    sunny yorkshire
    Posts
    2,757
    Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post
    ....or has there been a marked increase of Rolex for sale on SC.

    I was looking 6-8 weeks ago and nothing....now however
    Yes there has its a Rolex bonanza in sales currently not sure how they actually going to complete a deal with a sale as lock down, does not mean a trip to post office being essential to sell a watch

    Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    3,464
    Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    Yes there has its a Rolex bonanza in sales currently not sure how they actually going to complete a deal with a sale as lock down, does not mean a trip to post office being essential to sell a watch

    Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
    With some of the optimistic pricing I don't think there will be many trips to the post office needed.

  19. #19
    Master murkeywaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Near the sea
    Posts
    3,503
    Well Iím/ was one of those sellers, my reason is nothing to do with being cash strapped or losing a job during these uncertain times, simply I purchased another Rolex I have always wanted.

    Certain watches have come to the market which has created a Merry go round of watch sales, add in watches purchased off site with buyers selling their old watches through TZ and you have some interesting watches coming up.

    Saying this I have pulled mine as itís difficult to meet up which I prefer to do with big value watches..

  20. #20
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Reading, Berks
    Posts
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Is it me...


    ...yes, it's you.
    ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information