closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex feedback

Journeyman

Rolex feedback

So I’m interested in the Yacht Master 42mm and made a call to the Rolex boutique to enquire on availability and was told to try one on at a grey dealer first and come back to them if I’m interested.

Slightly taken aback as i have never been told by an official store to go grey in the first instance.......interesting times!

Makes sense, might be a model they don't have in stock or even if they do, they might not want to keep lifting it out and letting people try it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz33 View Post
    So I’m interested in the Yacht Master 42mm and made a call to the Rolex boutique to enquire on availability and was told to try one on at a grey dealer first and come back to them if I’m interested.

Slightly taken aback as i have never been told by an official store to go grey in the first instance.......interesting times!
    How else do you think they make their money? 🤨

Craftsman
    Disappointing that an AD (which Rolex assert is THE only way to get a genuine watch) points customers to visit a preowned outfit. It’s almost as if some SA’s have given up the desire to sell Rolex anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Mysqueek View Post
    It’s almost as if some SA’s have given up the desire to sell Rolex anymore
    Or are the ones feeding the greys so have a interest in supply and demand!

Depends on how the message was delivered IMO. If it was said as a bit of a genuine advice from a helpful/pragmatic perspective then I wouldn't mind, i.e. 'yes we'd love to help you with that, we may not have one in for a good while though so if you're not sure on sizing maybe nip across to XYZ and have a try on and let us know how it goes.'

If on the other hand it was more of a blunt message, i.e. 'we don't have time and this is in demand, figure out if you actually want it at a second hand place and come back when you're ready to buy', then that would put me right off. I hope it was the former!

I know where I’d have bought mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is the WG version there is one in the window of Mappin and Webb Kingston

I'd hate a week to go by...
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    It’s a common tale....no stock. A Rolex dealer can’t be sure of getting a 42...or many other models. It took me a year to get one. But then I was offered two within one week. All pot luck really. If Mappin and Webb have one, grab it. You are unlikely to be disappointed.
    If you ordered from your local AD,it probably wouldn’t be too long. And you won’t have to pay the ‘grey’ mark-up. Not necessary.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    If it is the WG version there is one in the window of Mappin and Webb Kingston
    Thanks for the heads up.

Journeyman
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Naively i thought this piece would have some availability and remain more than happy to wait as i can’t get my head around inflated grey pricing.

Realising that this really is a minor issue compared to where we all find ourselves at this time, i was still surprised by the response as i have never received this before from any brand boutique - probably should have used a different title as this wasn’t a specific dig at Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Makes sense, might be a model they don't have in stock or even if they do, they might not want to keep lifting it out and letting people try it on.
    That makes no sense at all - why would they rather send a potential customer to a grey as opposed to going through the selling process in-store?

(Answer - they wouldn't.)