closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: C Ward C60 Lympstone

Master

C Ward C60 Lympstone

Got my new Mag from C Ward yesteday with a few new models in there.

What do you guys think of this?

Actual real carbon!

https://www.christopherward.com/mili...-SGKK0-HO.html

Master
    Hate that dial! And I'm fed up with all these faux military watches that claim to be approved by the MOD, but cost a fortune so no squaddie could possibly own one!
    At least the text seems properly aligned.....

Chronometer and the wording underneath don't look centred to my eyes. What is it with CW watches and dial printing?

Gary

I was looking at that in the mag before throwing it in the recycle bin.

I actually really like that one. Would prefer if it was 40mm, and the logo looks a bit weedy on such an aggressive looking watch.

For my taste is probably their nicest design yet. And I'm not being sarcastic. Don't I'll ever buy another CW watch though as I kind of went off the brand in general.
    Last edited by Tetlee; 2nd September 2020 at 17:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegary View Post
    Chronometer and the wording underneath don't look centred to my eyes. What is it with CW watches and dial printing?

Gary
    I have you!

I actually thought it was a really nice looking watch until I read your comment.

What does approved by the MoD actually mean anyway, anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I feel like this watch is a guilty pleasure, it should make me cringe but I love the 'tacticool' look of it.

Maybe because, aside from the 'mod certified', it doesnt seem to take itself too seriously.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sjedwardz View Post
    What does approved by the MoD actually mean anyway, anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They handed out 100 or so for free to them so they said "Yeah I approve"

We have at least one bootie on here. Who will no doubt have a better idea of the type of watch they wear. My guess is, it's not this abomination.

Who writes this?

And should you find yourself in uncharted territory, the inner-compass bezel will see you safely back to base.

Blog Entries
    Real carbon used for a dial - where it is pretty much useless ( well, at least no benefits over alternative materials ).

Shame. It’s probably IMHO one of the better looking CW I’ve seen.

Much to like - but enough niggles to make it a ‘No’ for me.

z

The dial looks nice. The off set lettering on the dial (just like on their compressor) is simply disgraceful QC. It just doesn't make sense.

I don't think the lettering is offset this time. It was dreadful on the super compressor and I think that's why we kind of see it again here but zooming in it does ook centred on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I don't think the lettering is offset this time. It was dreadful on the super compressor and I think that's why we kind of see it again here but zooming in it does ook centred on this one.

It may not be as obvious as the compressor issue, but it is visible in this photograph.

I'm not seeing offset lettering on this (not 100% sure I see it on the Supercompressor either - Very few photos are completely parallel and in the renders, if you draw a line from the 5 and 7 batons, they just clip the ends of the wording at the same angle), but it seems this is the new CW beating stick - Has everyone given up on moaning about the logo?

I rather like this - Unlike many 'military associated' watches there's nothing overt on the dial to make you look like a Walt. Although the back isn't to my taste (Not having any RM connection personally), at least it's tuck away out of sight most of the time.

I like the carbon, but probably not enough to buy one.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Its gun metal PVD coating ensures reflections – dangerous in combat – are kept to a minimum.

Jesus.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    It may not be as obvious as the compressor issue, but it is visible in this photograph.

Yes, it does look very very slightly off - the centre line should be bang in the middle of the central O, but its not quite. But somehow the letters on the right hand side (the 'ETER' look narrower than the ones on the Left side 'HRONO'! This may be a facet of the photo, or is it something to do with the 'natural' width of the letters, or are we (or at least me) going crazy, seeing issues where there aren't any???

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I'm not seeing offset lettering on this (not 100% sure I see it on the Supercompressor either - Very few photos are completely parallel and in the renders, if you draw a line from the 5 and 7 batons, they just clip the ends of the wording at the same angle), but it seems this is the new CW beating stick - Has everyone given up on moaning about the logo?

I rather like this - Unlike many 'military associated' watches there's nothing overt on the dial to make you look like a Walt. Although the back isn't to my taste (Not having any RM connection personally), at least it's tuck away out of sight most of the time.

I like the carbon, but probably not enough to buy one.

M
    I see it. It is not very obvious so it would not bother me. Overall, it looks good.

The Compressor dial issue is fairly obvious in my eyes even in their official video, and I wear glasses. A beating stick maybe but that is exactly what it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Real carbon used for a dial - where it is pretty much useless ( well, at least no benefits over alternative materials )...
    This.

Agree it's a decent-looking watch, but this dial nonsense alone would bother the hell out of me, especially as for a few £hundred more your could have a COSC-certified Formex Essence Leggera (for example), where the entire case is carbon with a zirconium-ceramic bezel - scratchproof, light as a feather, few reflective surfaces, and negligible ferrous metals.

...or indeed, for many hundreds less, you've a whole slew of effectively-disposable Casios &c to choose from...

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Hate that dial! And I'm fed up with all these faux military watches that claim to be approved by the MOD, but cost a fortune so no squaddie could possibly own one!
    At least the text seems properly aligned.....
    I imagine most real soldiers and not walts simply wear a G-Shock that costs less than £100..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    I imagine most real soldiers and not walts simply wear a G-Shock that costs less than £100..
    From what I've seen on TV, most real soldiers wear ultra cheap plastic digitals (Casio F91 kind of thing). Makes perfect sense as they are almost indestructible and cheap enough to bin or forget in case of damage or loss. There was a programme about trainee commandos on a while back - not a G-shock to be seen anywhere!

I don't understand why they don't use their inhouse movement. To me, the rest of their stuff is irrelevant. Somebody else with longer history can do it better or cheaper.