closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlie's got Corona

Master

Charlie's got Corona

Been confirmed this morning, maybe this proves, none of us are safe.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...id-19-11963363

they should have kept that quiet, all people are saying is "how did he get a test"

Obviously I feel for the man but surely it’s a PR disaster for the Royal Family; how, why and where was he tested? The Royal Family has been a disgrace during this crisis, offering no practical support whatsoever despite being one of the wealthiest families on the planet.

Unless I’ve missed something 路*♂️

Master
    I’m sure old queenie will sort something out, nightmare coverage though and I don’t see any grand gestures as you say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) you can bet your last pound that all the heads of state and government, and their households, have been tested.

2) the PR disaster would have been to announce that he had tested negative, and even then: if you're unwell, and the symptoms match, you are more likely to be tested. You can also be treated privately, the test (should) cost £129 but in short supply now... possibly.

3) it is not beyond the realm (haha) of possibilities that Charles becomes King by the end of this year. I genuinely see nothing wrong with ensuring that he remains ready. I come from a country with a fairly strong republican tradition but do not understand the resentment towards the Royal family in general. I find HM and her daughter difficult to fault, Charles has been representing this country in lieu of his mother a lot more recently and we know he is a safe pair of hands. His views on alternative therapy are what they are, but his views on sustainable and organic agriculture were 20 years ahead of everyone else's.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Remember the new media ethos - be kind.

The man works like a trojan and must meet hundreds of people every day in performing his duties. He obviously picked it up working so please some some respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    1) you can bet your last pound that all the heads of state and government, and their households, have been tested.

2) the PR disaster would have been to announce that he had tested negative, and even then: if you're unwell, and the symptoms match, you are more likely to be tested. You can also be treated privately, the test (should) cost £129 but in short supply now... possibly.

3) it is not beyond the realm (haha) of possibilities that Charles becomes King by the end of this year. I genuinely see nothing wrong with ensuring that he remains ready. I come from a country with a fairly strong republican tradition but do not understand the resentment towards the Royal family in general. I find HM and her daughter difficult to fault, Charles has been representing this country in lieu of his mother a lot more recently and we know he is a safe pair of hands. His views on alternative therapy are what they are, but his views on sustainable and organic agriculture were 20 years ahead of everyone else's.
    Spot on IMO. And I'm not even a Royalist.

Master
    I’ve got no time for the Royal Family and I’d sooner we were a Republic. Having said that, Charlie puts his wastrel brothers Randy Andy and Eddie to shame with his work ethic. Granted he needs to justify his existence as next in line to the big seat. But he also comes across as a fairly decent human being, which isn’t something you can say about the majority of this dysfunctional family.

Master
    Glad we are not just another republic. Love having the tradition of a royal family. Long Live the Royals :0)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Conspiracy theory time...

What if it's a 'Look, even the Royal Family is not immune... stay at home !' thing ?

I just hope he didn't got to see Mummy last Sunday.

I feel for him, having to self isolate on a grand country estate with a chef and servants to attend your every need.

"Unlikely to develop into a major infection....."

No, I think the Health Minister is quite attached to his head.

Grand Master
    Hope he gets better, but i did chuckle a bit when i heard them say he was self isolating in Balmoral, by self i guess they mean with the household staff, security, grounds staff and so on, as well as Charles and Camilla.

As for the Royals doing their bit, i honestly think this type of thing is one area they don't really need to get involved in, we have politicians already, last thing we need is more amateurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post

The man works like a trojan and must meet hundreds of people every day in performing his duties. He obviously picked it up working so please some some respect.
    Hear hear Mick, totally agree.

Master
    Chuck had better stay away from his dad, as his dad looks about 223 years old.
    Wonder where Andrew is hiding ?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post

Are all the pizza galleries closed?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977 View Post
    Are all the pizza galleries closed?
    Hahaha pizza express etc etc all shut.
    Perhaps he's out exercising but not sweating.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

First case of human to lizard transmission?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Obviously I feel for the man but surely it’s a PR disaster for the Royal Family; how, why and where was he tested? The Royal Family has been a disgrace during this crisis, offering no practical support whatsoever despite being one of the wealthiest families on the planet.

What in particular did you expect them to do?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    First case of human to lizard transmission?
    Genuine LOL

They could have made property available for NHS staff to use or contributed financially in some way. To simply disappear and ‘start your holiday early’ is very poor form. They’re living in the lap of luxury with every whim attended to during the biggest crisis since war-time.

I’d expect them to at least have a conscience and help in some way. Wouldn’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    What in particular did you expect them to do?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    Conspiracy theory time...

What if it's a 'Look, even the Royal Family is not immune... stay at home !' thing ?

I just hope he didn't got to see Mummy last Sunday.
    My initial thoughts 😂

Master
    They could have made property available for NHS staff to use or contributed financially in some way. To simply disappear and ‘start your holiday early’ is very poor form. They’re living in the lap of luxury with every whim attended to during the biggest crisis since war-time.

I’d expect them to at least have a conscience and help in some way. Wouldn’t you?
    They're doing exactly what I'd expect them to do, think of themselves first.

Blog Entries

Like I said in which particular way?

Go on Victoria Derbyshire/Loose Women and do some hand wringing while looking concerned? Which property could they make available and for what purpose?

They're probably isolating like everyone else.

They are the Royal Family, they live in 'luxury' as you put it all year every year.

No I don't expect them to be helping any more than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post

Regarding point 1, I was surprised when they said on the news last night that he had been tested after he exhibited symptoms, I'd have assumed, as per your point they'd have all been tested as a matter of course. Point 3 very well written and couldn't agree more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He may be doing us all a big favour by announcing he's had a test, it might get the gov moving. The BBC has said it's standard practice to test a person of his age and with his symptoms.

Does it matter how, why and where he was tested. He's likely to be the next ruling Monarch, the King of England so why the hell should he not be tested if he's got the symptoms ?

While you're on your soapbox, exactly WHAT are the Royal Family supposed to do in this crisis ?
    How can they offer practical support ? Are they to glove up and join forces with Doctors and Nurses testing other people ?

Wealth has nothing to do with it. The guy's not well and they've simply found out why.

My guess is yeah, you have missed something...

Oh well, apparently the royals aren’t supposed to help in any way. My bad.

As you were.

Oh well, apparently the royals aren’t supposed to help in any way. My bad.

As you were.
    What exactly is it you think they could possibly do ?

This quote from the BBC story made me chuckle:

"Prince Charles and Camilla will be following governmental advice and isolating separately. It's not a huge house but certainly big enough to isolate yourself within it."

They are staying at Blamoral.

[IMG][/IMG]

Must be one helluva pinch compared to those families self-isolating in the grandeur of a one or two bedroom flat.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Don't worry. He will get the secret vaccine that the heads of state are getting ;) he will be ok in a few days.

You seem to be very defensive of the royals and I get that some people won't have a word said against them. Although I've made a couple of suggestions in this thread already, it isn't up to me to define the kind of help they can provide. However, my point is that this family are this country's state heads. They're also one of the wealthiest families on the planet and have land and properties all over the UK.

I see that a makeshift hospital has been created in London within a few days and I wondered whether the rest of the country will be getting these? Could the royal family pay for this type of hospital to be built on their land at strategic points across the UK? No land acquisition costs.

What would that cost them? £20m? They get more than that from the tax payer every year FGS.

Could they make some of their properties available in strategic locations across the UK where makeshift hospitals could be created?

And yes, Charles will be the next king and when he's asked what his family did to support the relief effort he can say "absolutely f**k all".

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    What exactly is it you think they could possibly do ?

Blog Entries
    You seem to be very defensive of the royals and I get that some people won't have a word said against them. Although I've made a couple of suggestions in this thread already, it isn't up to me to define the kind of help they can provide. However, my point is that this family are this country's state heads. They're also one of the wealthiest families on the planet and have land and properties all over the UK.

I see that a makeshift hospital has been created in London within a few days and I wondered whether the rest of the country will be getting these? Could the royal family pay for this type of hospital to be built on their land at strategic points across the UK? No land acquisition costs.

What would that cost them? £20m? They get more than that from the tax payer every year FGS.

Could they make some of their properties available in strategic locations across the UK where makeshift hospitals could be created?

And yes, Charles will be the next king and when he's asked what his family did to support the relief effort he can say "absolutely f**k all".
    Richard Branson, Paul McCartney, George Soros, Elton John, Duke of Westminster, Alan Sugar, Bernie Ecclestone, James Dyson, Anthony Bamford, Denise Coates, Jasminder Singh, Ian and Richard Livingstone.

Master

Here here

Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    While Charles is isolating at Balmoral with Covid 19 I hear Andrew is isolating at Windsor with Jennifer 14.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    While Charles is isolating at Balmoral with Covid 19 I hear Andrew is isolating at Windsor with Jennifer 14.
    Her and the rest of her hockey team friends

Have you any idea of the scale of what is being done for the new temp hospital in London ?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthingsblue View Post
    What of them?
    What do you think?

I'm just glad Charles doesn't have to read this thread.

I’m sure it’s huge. It’ll benefit London as usual.

My points are still relevant. Even Piers Morgan is doing more than the royals.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Have you any idea of the scale of what is being done for the new temp hospital in London ?

Agreed but the thread is about a member of the royal family.

Richard Branson, Paul McCartney, George Soros, Elton John, Duke of Westminster, Alan Sugar, Bernie Ecclestone, James Dyson, Anthony Bamford, Denise Coates, Jasminder Singh, Ian and Richard Livingstone.

I’m sure it’s huge. It’ll benefit London as usual.

My points are still relevant. Even Piers Morgan is doing more than the royals.
    Perhaps - the main hall being converted is 1km in length, there are only really exhibition centres or empty warehouses that readily lend themselves to quick transformation. Your suggestion to utilise some of the Royal estate would not cut it in any way and building from scratch is a non-starter in the UK in any realistic timescale.

Please don't poison the forum mentioning that bloke's name!.

Blog Entries
    Agreed but the thread is about a member of the royal family.
    So just say you don't like the member of the Royal Family, without the crappy reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    He's likely to be the next ruling Monarch, the King of England
    And hopefully the last - a republic can't be long in coming.

I assume that you also tacitly admit that post-Brexit we are going to see a United Ireland, an independent Scotland and (interestingly) an independent Wales - all of whom will, presumably, democratically elect their heads of state rather than sticking with the current crop of useless freeloaders.

"absolutely f**k all".
    The taxpayer pays around 70p per head per year compared to the billion per year the Royal family earn for the country.
    Prince Charles had been in Australia supporting for charities for areas affected by the bushfires.
    A republic costs a lot more than our Royals if you look at the USA.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/495089...monarchy-2017/
    Last edited by Rod; 25th March 2020 at 19:43.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    And hopefully the last - a republic can't be long in coming.

I assume that you also tacitly admit that post-Brexit we are going to see a United Ireland, an independent Scotland and (interestingly) an independent Wales - all of whom will, presumably, democratically elect their heads of state rather than sticking with the current crop of useless freeloaders.
    G&D and all that?.

Master
    George Soros is the odd one out there in that he actually does make a point of putting his fabulous wealth to use for the benefit of others. The likes of Paul McCartney and Elton John probably put a bit of cash in the direction of charities they have a particular interest in. The others listed are only interested in making money and I don’t suppose it would ever cross their minds it can also be given away.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    This quote from the BBC story made me chuckle:

"Prince Charles and Camilla will be following governmental advice and isolating separately. It's not a huge house but certainly big enough to isolate yourself within it."

They are staying at Blamoral.

[IMG][/IMG]

Must be one helluva pinch compared to those families self-isolating in the grandeur of a one or two bedroom flat.
    Actually, they're staying at Birkhall, not Balmoral castle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    George Soros is the odd one out there in that he actually does make a point of putting his fabulous wealth to use for the benefit of others. The likes of Paul McCartney and Elton John probably put a bit of cash in the direction of charities they have a particular interest in. The others listed are only interested in making money and I don’t suppose it would ever cross their minds it can also be given away.
    Soros using his wealth for the benefit of others is debatable, given the beneficiaries are somewhat politically oriented.
    As for the others that’s my point. Given their wealth they probably do less for the country and the public than the Royal Family.
    Yes they’re an anachronism in the modern world but a profitable one for the U.K.