closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlie's got Corona

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Actually, they're staying at Birkhall, not Balmoral castle.

Ah, just on the Balmorral Estate then?

[IMG][/IMG]

It's postively tiny. Little more than a two up two down I should think...
    So clever my foot fell off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Ah, just on the Balmorral Estate then?

[IMG][/IMG]

It's postively tiny. Little more than a two up two down I should think...
    Do you live in a two up two down, to show solidarity with the poor people?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    [QUOTE=oldoakknives;5362208]Soros using his wealth for the benefit of others is debatable, given the beneficiaries are somewhat politically oriented.QUOTE]

Viktor Orbán’s enemy is my friend.

I understand why some in our community (I'm not trying to quantify the number/percentage) might have republican tendencies but what I don't understand is why is it that when the opportunity arises to comment on anything to do with the royal family they (some of the republicans here and elsewhere) almost invariably come across as spiteful, nasty and often hypocritical, whinging about one family's wealth when they themselves are happy to splurge thousands on watches that neither they nor anyone else really needs.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    No, I left a very lucrative career to do a job where I fight for every child it is my privilege to educate so that they get the very best life chances, no matter how disadvantaged their background. I choose to take on schools in difficult circumstances to try and give these amazing kids a way out and a better future

You?

No but maybe self isolating and leaving the testing for NHS front line staff would...sure test him if a hospital visit was eventually required same as anyone else...innit togever.
    OOps sorry thought you were on about Charlie boy.
    Last edited by Passenger; 25th March 2020 at 21:26.

Blog Entries
    No, I left a very lucrative career to do a job where I fight for every child it is my privilege to educate so that they get the very best life chances, no matter how disadvantaged their background. I choose to take on schools in difficult circumstances to try and give these amazing kids a way out and a better future

You?
    Obviously not as worthy. Must have been a sea change.
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 25th March 2020 at 21:35.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthingsblue View Post
    I don't know. You posted a list of names on a thread about Price Charles. What point if any were you making?
    Others seem to get it.

Obviously not as worthy.

Then maybe stop following me around trying to score very petty points eh? Particularly at this time.

Take your issues, whatever they are, and sort them out elsewhere.

Blog Entries
    Then maybe stop following me around trying to score very petty points eh? Particularly at this time.

Take your issues, whatever they are, and sort them out elsewhere.
    Not following you around, you’re commenting on the same forum as I am.
    No need to play the victim.

There is literally zero chance of you victimising me, I guarantee it.

Irritating occasionally, yes, victimising no.

Seriously Ian?

Firstly, you are.

Secondly, the 'victim' claim is one you have made in the past - it's not exclusive.

Leave it be, for your own (and the forum) sake.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Soros using his wealth for the benefit of others is debatable, given the beneficiaries are somewhat politically oriented.
    In what sense?
    I only ask as I haven't made an indepth look into George Soros and his charitable foundations, but It seems that he's a target for the right-wing crank brigade, am I misinformed?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Leave him to his daily boasting Ian, ( sorry posting )

There are more ways than one to skin a cat

71 year old bloke gets infected whilst staying at his granny old house.

However rather than simply wish him and his family well, some chose to use it as an opportunity to weaponise it into a thread about the Royals and republicanism. Then start a di*k waving contest about who is best.

Lots of politicians and personalities have contracted Covid 19, or believe they contracted it, or have gone into self isolation, yet no felt it necessary to comment. Yet here are.

Surely there is enough sh*t going on in the world without adding to it here.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post

However rather than simply wish him and his family well, some chose to use it as an opportunity to weaponise it into a thread about the Royals and republicanism. Then start a di*k waving contest about who is best.

Lots of politicians and personalities have contracted Covid 19, or believe they contracted it, or have gone into self isolation, yet no felt it necessary to comment. Yet here are.

Quite.

I agree Andy.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    You seem to be very defensive of the royals and I get that some people won't have a word said against them. Although I've made a couple of suggestions in this thread already, it isn't up to me to define the kind of help they can provide. However, my point is that this family are this country's state heads. They're also one of the wealthiest families on the planet and have land and properties all over the UK.

I see that a makeshift hospital has been created in London within a few days and I wondered whether the rest of the country will be getting these? Could the royal family pay for this type of hospital to be built on their land at strategic points across the UK? No land acquisition costs.

What would that cost them? £20m? They get more than that from the tax payer every year FGS.

Could they make some of their properties available in strategic locations across the UK where makeshift hospitals could be created?

And yes, Charles will be the next king and when he's asked what his family did to support the relief effort he can say "absolutely f**k all".
    I don't give a monkeys chuff about the Royal Family but I do hold an opinion on somebody spouting some spurious nonsense (you, in this instance) about how, where and why he was tested. The guy's only human thus he's as wide open as any other for contracting it.
    It sounds like you're a bit green about Charles wealth. I don't for one minute think he chose to be born into the position he was.
    The virus doesn't differentiate between poor and wealthy.
    Last edited by reggie747; 25th March 2020 at 22:29.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Seriously Ian?

Firstly, you are.

Secondly, the 'victim' claim is one you have made in the past - it's not exclusive.

Leave it be, for your own (and the forum) sake.
    Irony.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    In what sense?
    I only ask as I haven't made an indepth look into George Soros and his charitable foundations, but It seems that he's a target for the right-wing crank brigade, am I misinformed?
    I'll leave you to make your own mind up. Probably not good to discuss it too much in the G&D. Although given your different views to mine you may see him differently.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post

Fine by me.

Can take or leave the Royals, well mostly leave'em, but I read in t'paper this morning that Chaz didn't jump the queue as he met the clinical criteria for testing allegedly, pull the other one sprang to my mind, when frontline NHS heroes do not... would be interesting to hear more detail, especially in light of this poor soul who subsequently died after paramedics dismissed her case, despite manifesting some pretty serious sounding symptoms she was 'not a priority'...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-not-priority

The one thing we have got, in contrast to the shortage of ventilators, testing kits and PPE, is royal place men aplenty so if Charlie is swept off by this there is a replacement ready and waiting in the wings...not so a wife, mother for that poor family in Peckham.
    Last edited by Passenger; 26th March 2020 at 10:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Can take or leave the Royals, well mostly leave'em, but I read in t'paper this morning that Chaz didn't jump the queue as he met the clinical criteria for testing allegedly, pull the other one sprang to my mind, when frontline NHS heroes do not... would be intereting to hear more detail, especially in light of this poor soul who subsequently died after paramedics dismissed her case, despite manifesting some pretty serious sounding symptoms she was 'not a priority'...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-not-priority

The one thing we have got, in contrast to the shortage of ventilators, testing kits and PPE, is royal place men aplenty so if Charlie is/was swept off by this there is a replacement ready and waiting in the wings...not so for that poor family in Peckham.

Oh FFS! There have been over 80,000 tests undertaken in the UK. Are you seriously suggesting we have 80,000 Royals or only rich people are being tested?

But as you seem to be struggling this is how it’s supposed to work.

1) A person exhibits symptoms of Covid 19. This needs to be investigated and diagnoses given.
    2) Tests are is undertaken to determine whether it’s is Covid 19 (or not),
    3) If not then look into what else might be causing the symptoms - could be a bacterial inflection (which requires different treatment/drugs).
    4) If it is Covid 19, then inform the patient, monitor and make sure they isolate and contact trace.
    5) Test others who have had close contact with the victim to see whether they are inflected. (See 4)
    6) Repeat (See 5)

Note. This secondary/contact tracing is also important to see if anyone is a super carrier (i.e someone who carries the virus, but has zero symptoms) and make sure they are monitored and isolated.

Finally, these are pretty meaningless if negative other than to eliminate a cause, simply because it doesn’t stop people getting inflected with Covid 19 immediately after being tested. Plus why waste resources testing people who have not been in close contact, have no symptoms, and are perfectly physically healthy.

Hospitals/Doctors are there to treat actual systems and conditions, not to undertake MRI, Xrays, Tests on paranoid people who don’t have any symptoms, but think they might have something.

Honestly, people need to put aside their pretty political agendas, their personal bigotry, their need to send a message, etc and actually start to think (really think) for themselves.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

You seem to be struggling with the point but twas ever thus, have a nice day.
    Last edited by Passenger; 26th March 2020 at 10:35.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    And hopefully the last - a republic can't be long in coming.

I assume that you also tacitly admit that post-Brexit we are going to see a United Ireland, an independent Scotland and (interestingly) an independent Wales - all of whom will, presumably, democratically elect their heads of state rather than sticking with the current crop of useless freeloaders.
    We’ll take Princess Anne then, she already has a throne installed at Murrayfield.

Imagine the scenario whereby all the British Royal Family succumbed to the virus except for Prince Andrew. Would the British public submit to him on the throne? Haha. The amusement! I speak hypothetically of course. I have no wish for anyone to be taken by the disease.

Or Harry comes back. Queen Meghan?

'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries

- - - Updated - - -

I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much for that. It's really made me laugh. My wife is wondering why I am giggling. I daren't show her!

Glad he's recovering nicely.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52088684

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Glad he's recovering nicely.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52088684
    As expected. So too will Boris and his cabinet.