closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone furloughed from work?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Anyone know what the 2.5k limit applies to? I assume that's not the take home wage, so the max people will actually get is 2.5k minus tax, employer and employee NI, pension payments etc. What will that leave as the actual maximum take home?
    Not sure,but more than my 0.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Guys, thanks for support.of course its not just me in this. Its worldwide and everything all inextricably linked
    Who knows what the future holds for anyone.
    Anyone who guesses and actually calls it right, I take my hat off to them - and they will also be in the wrong profession.

Anyone furloughed from work?

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    We are finally seeing who the important people are, the ones who make a difference to our lives and are doing the crucial jobs we need.

Shop workers ✔️
    Care workers ✔️
    NHS staff ✔️
    Emergency services ✔️
    Farmers ✔️
    Teachers ✔️
    Lorry drivers/delivery people ✔️
    Cleaners ✔️
    Refuse workers ✔️

These people are the ones who keep our country ticking over, the core of our daily lives, the people who regularly go unnoticed and are often frowned upon but keep working hard, generally on a low income.
    People constantly look down on them and gloat that they earn more money than them.

I’m proud of all of these people, they don’t earn enough for what they do, and they’re never appreciated for what they contribute and this episode will open all of our eyes to that fact
    Yes its the ones NOT working at home, prattling on the internet all day long.

However, NHS staff is bit of a catch-all. Think plenty of admin/reception staff could easily be shed.

On the other hand, w/o back room staff or warehouse workers, shop workers would have little to sell.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 26th March 2020 at 11:25.

Craftsman
    Thankfully not for us as we are both classed as key workers so still getting paid our wages.

My GF has just been redeployed as a discharge nurse from an NHS commissioning team even though she's never been clinical for around 8 years, needs must and all that though.

I'm currently at work in a huge call centre but sorting my home working equipment soon, i've just handed it all back in a few weeks ago after changing jobs.

My family haven't faired as well though, my brothers tattoo shop is closed indefinitely, my other brother who spends his week in a hazmat suit in asbestos removal is being finished and my daughter a self employed PA was finished last week.

We've come to the conclusion that the little we currently have spare and due the lack of spending over the coming months we should be able to help them out but its pretty shit.

I really feel for everyone in a shit position regardless of the reasons why, it's not going to end soon either.
    Last edited by DiXoN; 26th March 2020 at 14:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Anyone know what the 2.5k limit applies to? I assume that's not the take home wage, so the max people will actually get is 2.5k minus tax, employer and employee NI, pension payments etc. What will that leave as the actual maximum take home?
    I believe the 80% is not take-home pay, you will need to take off the NI and tax from that, so say someone earns 2000 per month, 80% is 1600 per month less NI and tax so take home around 1350. That is my understanding of how it will work but they have not given much information.

The guys that have taken it at my place are happy with the 80%, they are stuck at home, can't spend anything, so they can live comfortably. If you can not survive on 80% salary you need to really address your finances. Especially when you consider petrol will be almost nothing, food bill should be lower etc.

Wives business is down 100%, took her 10 yrs to build
    We will survive, still have my job and working daily

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Im wondering if people are being furloughed can the employer top up the 20% out of their pocket to help the employee out? Ive been asked this by a few people so emailed my Accountant. Not heard back yet. Think hes snowed under with .... furlough queries.
    I run a small business. We are topping up our staff wages to 100%, whilst we still have money in our account to do so. However, there will be a limit on that goodwill, as we still have rent and bills to pay; wouldnt make sense to be so generous that our business failed, as then the staff would lose their jobs.

Its a fine balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk