closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: And the world turns........

And the world turns........

For months, nay years Rolex has been lauded by many on here as the zenith of all watches (see what i did there) and what build quality and such beauty and timeless design (And again) but no not bought as an investment, no we just love them etc etc etc.
    Cue covid 19 , all over sales corner like confetti.........

Anyway I've still not had the call for an air king so what do I know.

Stay safe watchmen

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    People are selling their belongings to tide them over during the biggest upset to our society for a generation at least.
    It's not a time to crow.
    And the fact they've chosen that particular brand because even in these horrid times, they are still an easy sell should tell you something.

So be nice.

Still stickered probably.

Master

airking

I bought an airking. I wonder if Rolex later this year will show their new stuff, and whether the air king will still be part of their collection ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    People are selling their belongings to tide them over during the biggest upset to our society for a generation at least.
    It's not a time to crow.
    And the fact they've chosen that particular brand because even in these horrid times, they are still an easy sell should tell you something.

So be nice.
    Athough surely those that spend the money on Rolex's would surely have some savings as well???!!!

Journeyman
    [QUOTE=redmonaco;5361575]Athough surely those that spend the money on Rolex's would surely have some savings as well???!!![/QU

I guess

Master
    I must admit that when the crisis started, I was surprised to find the forum was filled with posts from people worried that their expensive watches were about to crash in value. I thought that this was an enthusiasts forum, but it seems that the investment aspect is rather important to quite a number of people. Perhaps I was naive in not realising how other people's views differed to mine. I buy watches because I think them, and have no thought whatever of possible resale value.

There again, may be I'm the mug and I should have put my savings into buying a collection of Rolex safe queens - I've no idea what if anything has happened to Rolex prices but the value of my stocks & shares investments has taken a hefty beating!!

They will be hanging onto their stash of US dollars and gold bullion.

Todays gold price = £1,280 an ounce
    November-2019 = £1,125 an ounce

Watches are not appreciating at the same rate, so anyone wanting to secure their future would do well to have invested in gold at the turn of the year.
    Then buy lots of nice trinkets with the proceeds when this is all over.

Craftsman
    There have only been 3 listed since the 20th March, not exactly a flood.

My point exactly its times like these you find out the true nature of peoples interest.
    I have no problem with people buying for investment purposes as it's a nice way of investing but like all investments it's always better to play the long game.
    Interesting times indeed.

footnote

I like the marmite airking.
    rolex punters don't so won't be in production long I don't reckon.
    So I get a watch I like I won't take a bath on.
    Perhaps

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wits View Post
    My point exactly its times like these you find out the true nature of peoples interest.
    On the other hand, they like the watches but need money; which brand will get you more cash if you sell something from your collection, and hopefully be quickest to sell?