closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Could Corona Funding Help Have Been Deployed Differently?

Could Corona Funding Help Have Been Deployed Differently?

Back of Fag packet economics and all that. You can’t please all the people all the time.
    Yes wealthy people might still be buying watches, cars etc in this current crazy uncertain time.

Not quite sure what powers the government may have had over this, or BOE, or whoever.
    Could it have been feasible to suspend all outgoings, council tax, utility bills, credit card/loans /mortgages,
    and just send people direct payments of universal credit of £94 a week? Or a touch more?

People should only really need money currently to purchase food, and service outgoings. To safeguard employment, if all outgoings are put on hold, as essentially most of the economy is, would the staid be kept quo?

I fully expect the bank sector to be up in arms at the thought of that, but they do have short memories since their pleading in 2008....
    Last edited by deanlad; 27th March 2020 at 10:58.

Forum: George & Dragon
    Unwind with a pint or two in our own virtual pub. Friendly banter and clean jokes please and no politics or religion

I said much the same to a pal the other day, just pause everything except food. Sure, the banks and councils ( council tax ) and utilities will take some pain short term but if they are not careful they won’t have any customers long term.
    It’s a very simplistic idea to obviously a very complicated situation though.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I said much the same to a pal the other day, just pause everything except food. Sure, the banks and councils ( council tax ) and utilities will take some pain short term but if they are not careful they won’t have any customers long term.
    It’s a very simplistic idea to obviously a very complicated situation though.
    Agreed give all who need it time limited ubi basically paye/self employed the same then no arguments/envy/it's not fair nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Forum: George & Dragon
    Unwind with a pint or two in our own virtual pub. Friendly banter and clean jokes please and no politics or religion
    Ahh, yes. Sorry...forgot that. If the thread title could be amended to take the politicians name out?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deanlad View Post
    Back of Fag packet economics and all that. You can’t please all the people all the time.
    Yes wealthy people might still be buying watches, cars etc in this current crazy uncertain time.

Not quite sure what powers the government may have had over this, or BOE, or whoever.
    Could it have been feasible to suspend all outgoings, council tax, utility bills, credit card/loans /mortgages,
    and just send people direct payments of universal credit of £94 a week? Or a touch more?

People should only really need money currently to purchase food, and service outgoings. To safeguard employment, if all outgoings are put on hold, as essentially most of the economy is, would the staid be kept quo?

I fully expect the bank sector to be up in arms at the thought of that, but they do have short memories since their pleading in 2008....
    I presume you mean those who have no other income, or are you including those who are still manufacturing and contributing to the economy, alongside key workers including the NHS etc?

I expect you meant the former...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk