closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A plea for your SOTC

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I’d love to try an OQ but I’m pretty sure it’ll feel too small on my wrist, that Buckley is lovely.
    They wear bigger than the standard 36mm datejust because of the chunky case and integrated bracelet, my wrist is 7.3 inches and it wears well, but I think on a wrist bigger than 8 inches it may look a little on the small side.

Thanks... I’m bang on 8, I could definitely be tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ey-Up View Post
    I have a few other watches that are kept mainly for sentimental reasons and rarely worn but this is a quick pic of a collection that has taken me about 15 to 20 years (it’s hard to say when it became an addiction) to put together. To be honest very few of these will ever leave now.
    Great variety. Particularly like the AT and the UX. I think the UX on red rubber just like could be my next watch but I would much prefer it without Sinn on the strap too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ism123 View Post
    I do love a good chrono and that in combination with a blue dial...mmmm

My blue 104 should be here soon, not had a day date watch before so looking forward to that.

Ian
    Ah, be sure to post some photos when it arrives - if anything the 104 in that colourway is better just for the colour matched day/date wheels!

I wonder if the 104 has an english day, my 103 is German only, adds to the charm!

Craftsman
    Having started this thread, and having enjoyed everyone's contributions enormously, I realised that I had yet to add mine. To be honest, I thought I was going to have much more spare time than I actually have had. Since lockdown my workload has increased significantly - not complaining at all, time is flying - just everything just seems to take so much longer.

Anyway, here is my current collection:

The Swiss:

The German:

The IWCs:

The Japanese will have to wait for another weekend, I'm afraid.

Happy Sunday
    TPT

Quote Originally Posted by Eamonn345 View Post

Beautiful collection.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

A bout of gout has left me pretty immobile and bored, so I decided to do a fresh SOTC with all new pictures.

Heuers remain the mainstay of the collection, with another on the way (returning to the fold)

Omegas

Lemanias (the 'military' one was a build-up of collected parts around a 5100 movement)

Rolex

Seikos

Russians (8 of which never worn!)

Russian mods

Miscellaneous

Master
    A very focused collection IMHO, wonderful in fact. Now keep of the cheese & red wine/port.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

I won't quote it, but ed335d that is a great collection - very impressed with the layout too!

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    A very focused collection IMHO, wonderful in fact. Now keep of the cheese & red wine/port.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Thanks!

i wish I knew what the triggers are for me, it’s a most unpleasant condition that appears every couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by jkb89 View Post
    I won't quote it, but ed335d that is a great collection - very impressed with the layout too!
    Thank you

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    Thanks!

i wish I knew what the triggers are for me, it’s a most unpleasant condition that appears every couple of years.

Thank you
    I feel for you.

My gout triggers every few months at the moment. Last couple have caught me by surprise.
    I don’t really drink and have stayed away from red meat.
    I’m putting it down to coke and chocolate. Current bout had been lingering for the last week although at its worst for just a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Wow ed335d, thats an incredible collection! Beautifully photographed as well

Do you have a favourite amongst them all? Must be hard to pick...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanfisken View Post
    I'm putting it down to coke and chocolate. Current bout had been lingering for the last week although at its worst for just a few days.
    Coke really brings it out in my father in law. Diet or regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanfisken View Post
    I feel for you.

My gout triggers every few months at the moment. Last couple have caught me by surprise.
    I don’t really drink and have stayed away from red meat.
    I’m putting it down to coke and chocolate. Current bout had been lingering for the last week although at its worst for just a few days.

With it being so intermittent, it's hard to tell what brings it on. I recently had a two week holiday, loads of red meat, shellfish, beer and cocktails - not a twinge. Just being normal (maybe a tad more alcohol than usual due to not having to get up at the crack of dawn) and bang, here it is.

Quote Originally Posted by manicmunnday View Post
    Wow ed335d, thats an incredible collection! Beautifully photographed as well

Do you have a favourite amongst them all? Must be hard to pick...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Thank you

I would struggle to pick a single favorite, but it would probably be one of the Autavias - one of the GMTs or possible the panda. Or maybe the sub.

Craftsman

Pretty much my perfect collection. Awesome !

Very nice tasteful collection that!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That’s kind of you, thank you!
    Tony, If I ever need to get my dating app photos redone, would you mind if I asked you to do them as you certainly have a knack for this stuff

lovely watches captured beautifully

Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    (...)
    Some collection that is. I see quite a few robust movements ;)

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Some collection that is. I see quite a few robust movements ;)
    Haha, thank you.

Craftsman
    Late to this party by a month -- that's typical though.

Craftsman
    That is one hell of a collection - I’ve a real soft spot for German watches and you’ve got some beauties there. Well worth the wait.

It would be lovely to hear more about your collection of Grossmanns - not a brand you see often on here - and you’ve got three!

Thanks for sharing.

TPT
    Last edited by tenpasten; 23rd May 2020 at 23:16.

Quote Originally Posted by tenpasten View Post
    Having started this thread, and having enjoyed everyone's contributions enormously, I realised that I had yet to add mine. To be honest, I thought I was going to have much more spare time than I actually have had. Since lockdown my workload has increased significantly - not complaining at all, time is flying - just everything just seems to take so much longer.
    Nice collection, I also have a soft spot for IWC

Craftsman
    That is one hell of a collection - I’ve a real soft spot for German watches and you’ve got some beauties there. Well worth the wait.

It would be lovely to hear more about your collection of Grossmanns - not a brand you see often on here - and you’ve got three!

Thanks for sharing.

TPT
    Thanks for the compliment. And, as you can tell, I'm also fond of German watches -- in which, with some "poetic licence" I include Moser (well, they do speak German, and their factory is surrounded on three sides by Germany).

I got into German watches whilst travelling frequently out of Heathrow terminal 2. There is a pretty good Harrods watch boutique there, which I tried to browse for half an hour every time I went. Despite the plethora of quality brands on offer, somehow each time I would end up gravitating to the GO counter. The designs just appealed to me. Pretty soon I found myself owning three.
    I already knew of Lange of course, but I started to research Glashütte (the place) to see whether I could unearth other gems -- and in so doing I found Moritz Grossmann, and I was soon hooked. They seemed to my eye to embody levels of attention to detail and hand finishing at least comparable with Lange (though not the level of complication -- but that's fine for me as I like simple and refined). And, additionally, (like GO) they produce designs which stir my soul. Also, they appeal to my unabashed snobbery as they produce only about 500 pieces each year.

I have had the pleasure of talking one-to-one with the MD of MG (Christine Hutter) and also of visiting the development and manufacturing facilities (again one-on-one). There I was given all morning, and was able to talk to craftsmen wherever I went (almost everything in the movement is made in house, as are their incredibly elegant hands). And everything is hand finished. To find that even the people in the "engine room" are immensely proud of what they do, and delighted to talk about it, is seriously refreshing.

Yes, I'm unusual in my tastes -- but I like to be individual. I suspect I am probably the only MG owner here, but am fine with that.

A couple more gratuitous pics . . .

Apologies -- the anthracite one is rather difficult for an amateur to photograph.

For the OCD amongst us, my little collection of MGs comprises:
    Atum Pure M White -- Ref. MG-000703
    Atum (now rebranded Benu Index) -- Ref. MG-000465
    Benu Power Reserve -- Ref. MG-000460
    Last edited by Yokel; 25th May 2020 at 11:02.

The movement on that Moritz Grossman is a work of art. If it was mine I'm sure I'd wear it upside down with the crystal display up just to gaze at that movement.

Here's my Q&D SOTC. I keep meaning to write something up as it has changed significantly since my last SOTC post.

The new kids on the block

The vintage

And the one I was wearing whilst taking the pics.

Not included is the Glycine Combat Sub that may have just sold this afternoon.

I'd like sell 5 or 6 of these and re-invest in one last watch and then I'm done. Definitely, this time.

What a lot of high quality collections here!
    Mine is more modest
    Affordables and Soviet

The Swiss

Cheers

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Sushi and Swiss cheese with a German Schnitzel

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I clearly don’t have enough watches.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

A plea for your OTC

I am downsizing so a few in the 'too sell' pile but here is the 'too keep' current collection minus a mm300 and a 2006 doxa t graph both being serviced.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Yokel View Post
    Thanks for the compliment. And, as you can tell, I'm also fond of German watches -- in which, with some "poetic licence" I include Moser (well, they do speak German, and their factory is surrounded on three sides by Germany).

I got into German watches whilst travelling frequently out of Heathrow terminal 2. There is a pretty good Harrods watch boutique there, which I tried to browse for half an hour every time I went. Despite the plethora of quality brands on offer, somehow each time I would end up gravitating to the GO counter. The designs just appealed to me. Pretty soon I found myself owning three.
    I already knew of Lange of course, but I started to research Glashütte (the place) to see whether I could unearth other gems -- and in so doing I found Moritz Grossmann, and I was soon hooked. They seemed to my eye to embody levels of attention to detain and hand finishing at least comparable with Lange (though not the level of complication -- but that's fine for me as I like simple and refined). And, additionally, (like GO) they produce designs which stir my soul. Also, they appeal to my unabashed snobbery as they produce only about 500 pieces each year.

I have had the pleasure of talking one-to-one with the MD of MG (Christine Hutter) and also of visiting the development and manufacturing facilities (again one-on-one). There I was given all morning, and was able to talk to craftsmen wherever I went (almost everything in the movement is made in house, as are their incredibly elegant hands). And everything is hand finished. To find that even the people in the "engine room" are immensely proud of what they do, and delighted to talk about it, is seriously refreshing.

Yes, I'm unusual in my tastes -- but I like to be individual. I suspect I am probably the only MG owner here, but am fine with that.
    What a wonderful story. And such exquisite taste. There is something very special about that level of personal service. Something you could never get from the big players.

I love these low volume brands - I really enjoy flying under the radar and being pretty sure you’re not going to see another in the wild.

Like you I own a few Germans, including a 99.1 and a Stowa flieger - and am planning a Habring (again, almost German!?) at some point hopefully very soon.

Thanks again for sharing
    TPT

Craftsman
    Like you I own a few Germans, including a 99.1 and a Stowa flieger - and am planning a Habring (again, almost German!?) at some point hopefully very soon.

TPT
    I am delighted to find someone else sharing my "perversion" -- and my taste for exclusivity (Dirk Dornblüth produces only around 200 pieces per year).

I wish you well in deepening the addiction.

Master
    I’m down to these 3 plus a work G Shock at the moment.

Master
    Is that a 34mm olive ? How does it wear compared to your sub? I love the thought of one

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    Is that a 34mm olive ? How does it wear compared to your sub? I love the thought of one

Poor photo... that’s rhodium grey and 39mm...!

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I’m down to these 3 plus a work G Shock at the moment.

Absolutely love the yellow dial Brietling keep mean to pick one up as my summer watch

My current motley crew, apologies for the rather flat looking 'photos.

Some get more use than others with a few barely even registering on the ownership scale such is their lack of use however here they are in all their glory. I actually took these 'photos a couple of weeks back, since then another G-Shock has joined the collection.

Top row: Newmark 71 - Newmark 6BB - Stowa Marine Original - Stowa Flieger - Monta Oceanking
    Bottom row: Citizen NY0040 - Omega Geneve Dynamic - Seiko SKX (very heavily modified!) - Seiko SBBN031 - A-13A

SOTC

Top row: Tudor 36BB - Tudor Pelagos - Grand Seiko SBGX063 - Grand Seiko SBGA003 - Damasko DC67Si
    Bottom row: Sinn EZM13 - Sinn 104 St Sa ABE - Sinn 556i Mocha - Damasko DA36 Black - Damasko DA44

SOTC

And the only watches practising social distancing: Raketa - Seiko SBPG001 - G-Shock GW3000 - G-Shock GW-5000-1JF - G-Shock GW-M5610-1ER

SOTC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    Absolutely love the yellow dial Brietling keep mean to pick one up as my summer watch

Looks brilliant in the sun. This is my fourth Seawolf now and won’t be getting rid any time soon!

Craftsman
    Any particular reason why you keep the quartz stuff segregated like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    Any particular reason why you keep the quartz stuff segregated like that?
    I only have the one 10 place watch box, it's the same box in each 'photo just with the watches swapped in and out. I usually keep whatever is being worn the most in the box with maybe a few others on it, the others are kept in their original boxes.

Why just one main box? The idea was that I'd never exceed the 10 places within it...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    I only have the one 10 place watch box, it's the same box in each 'photo just with the watches swapped in and out. I usually keep whatever is being worn the most in the box with maybe a few others on it, the others are kept in their original boxes.

Why just one main box? The idea was that I'd never exceed the 10 places within it...
    Ah, I see. Makes sense.

I'm generally pretty good at operating a one in one out policy, or there-abouts.

Mostly only because it's necessary to fund purchases though.

Master
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr