closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LISTEN!!

Blog Entries

LISTEN!!

Sent from my POT-LX1 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by jimp; 27th March 2020 at 17:39.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by jimp; 27th March 2020 at 17:39.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jimp View Post
    My daughter is a nurse in intensive care, I'm very scared for her, very, so all the picks that think it's good to go against the government warnings about going out, as many are on social media, think about the hero's in the NHS.

what do you expect, the country is full of CHAVS

Sorry I'm going on, but people on my local face book are insist on taking their dogs out regular during the day, god I can't say what I want to do to them.

What's the issue with dog walking?

I intend to walk my dog each day, cannot see anything wrong with doing that.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Blog Entries
    Nothing wrong with once a day but shit kickers were I live are insisting on going out many times
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I intend to walk my dog each day, cannot see anything wrong with doing that.

R
    Last edited by jimp; 23rd March 2020 at 23:54.

Master
    It's banned in Spain because human life is more important than exercising a dog.

If you live out in the sticks, then fine, but if you walk say within 2 meters of an open window or door in a suburban street, then you are increasing the risk of transmission. You have to get into the mindset that you don't see or talk to a live human being for the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    It's banned in Spain because human life is more important than exercising a dog.
    Has that changed in the last few days?

Master
    10 days ago.

I expect to be seeing and talking to others during the next few weeks, albeit whilst observing the 2 metre guideline.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

but if you walk say within 2 meters of an open window or door in a suburban street, then you are increasing the risk of transmission. You have to get into the mindset that you don't see or talk to a live human being for the next few weeks.
    That sounds like an un-scientific opinion. Walking a dog is, surely, a lot less risk than going to buy food.

10 days ago.
    There appears to be numerous articles less than 10 days old that suggest the dog walking is a 'get-out card' in Spain?
    Last edited by ed335d; 24th March 2020 at 19:00.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    That sounds like an un-scientific opinion. Walking a dog is, surely, a lot less risk than going to buy food.
    Yes but it is still a risk. If you and others carry on thinking as you do, the NHS will soon be flooded. It's your choice, walking the dog or more people dying a horrid death.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    There appears to be numerous articles less than 10 days old that suggest the dog walking is a 'get-out card? in Spain?
    My villa backs onto a mountain range which has paths that have been a magnet for dog walkers. Two weeks ago I could expect to see dozens of them but I haven't seen a single one in over a week.

Again it's down to your conscience.

I’m quite sure I can walk my dog without causing other people a horrid death.

R

Blog Entries
    Today, but totally agree about the use of your space and the potential impact on your fellows.
    BTW my Son is a Funeral Director six cases this WE and no guidelines from anybody just use your brains

Last edited by mart broad; 24th March 2020 at 00:23.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Yes but it is still a risk. If you and others carry on thinking as you do, the NHS will soon be flooded. It's your choice, walking the dog or more people dying a horrid death.
    Mick, you have no idea what I am or am not doing and how much of a threat I am or am not presenting. BTW, I will be following the recently announced guidelines.

However you suggesting that I'm responsible for people dying a horrid death for walking a dog is wholly disproportionate and (if I dare say) a bit 'Daily Mail'.

I completely grasp the gravitas of the situation, but comments such as yours do little to encourage a calm society.

As an aside, none of the houses near me are less than 2m from the footpath.

Master
    My villa backs onto a mountain range which has paths that have been a magnet for dog walkers. Two weeks ago I could expect to see dozens of them but I haven't seen a single one in over a week.

Again it's down to your conscience.
    I could shock with a pic of a local spot which is popular for walks - was last weekend because the weather was good - normally the car park which is out of sight in the pic has a few cars in it.
    These are cars parking on a main A road to access the Pentland Hills.

Give me a few mins.

maseman

Jimp mate
    First respect for what your daughter does, and my very best wishes that she stays safe and well.
    Second, people can walk their dogs alone or with other members of their household as much as they want without increasing your daughter’s workload or the risks to her health. In fact, if it makes them walk more they’ll be fitter and less likely to need to meet your daughter professionally. What does increase those risks are people meeting during those walks and not keeping their distance.
    All the best.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Mine's on the frontline too !
    maseman

Master

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    And the cars stretched for many more hundreds of yards.

Blog Entries
    Was the same near me, Newton under roseberry, full retard mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by maseman View Post

Master
    My dog, like any other dog, needs to be taken out several times a day to relieve his bladder and bowels and for exercise. If he isn’t taken out he’ll eventually relieve himself indoors, albeit that’s the last thing he’d want to do. I’ve tried teaching him to use the toilet, but he hasn’t mastered that skill and I don’t suppose he ever will now. To reduce the number of times he’s taken outside would cause him considerable distress. That means I’ll continue to walk him throughout the day, whilst avoiding other people.

I’ve been doing my best to avoid other people long before Coronavirus became an issue. (Whatever he excretes during these walks is bagged and deposited in my landfill bin at the end of each walk. He’s very accomplished at taking a crap).

Unhappy

I had a text from the NHS tonight saying that i'm 'At Risk' (Asthmatic) and should isolate indoors for the next twelve weeks so it looks like i'm off work for the next three months!!

The thing is that i'm pretty sure i've had it already, Some weeks ago I damaged my hand at work (On a wednesday), It was so bad by friday that I phoned work and said I wasn't coming in, On the saturday I went to A&E as it was becoming agonising!!

Come monday I started shivering at night and had to put loads of T shirts, Long Johns and even a dressing gown to sleep in!

I phoned the docs and they told me to come in, I had a very high temp and was coughing so much she couldn't listen to my chest- I was coughing day and night for almost two weeks!, I was taking eight steroid tabs in the morning and had two courses of Amoxycillin, After around ten days The dry cough changed and I started coughing up oysters!! My mind wasn't right either as when I came out of the carpark I almost drove straight in to a bus!!

After another week I was ok, I went to work after having three weeks off and today at work a lad said that if it was Covid-19 I could still be contaminating people for up to two weeks after!!

I'm much much better now but my breathing is worse than when I caught the bug (I swear I got it in the A&E as it was rammed with people, I was in there for almost five hours- It was a saturday!!)

John..

Master
    My daughter is a nurse in intensive care, I'm very scared for her, very, so all the picks that think it's good to go against the government warnings about going out, as many are on social media, think about the hero's in the NHS.

I feel for you Buddy. Hope your daughter stays safe; you should and must be very proud of her.

Craftsman
    Your daughter is a true hero, and deserves to be treated like one when this is over massive respect you must be a proud father.

Fair play to your daughter jimp, a lot of people will need her help..
    I have a dog and he can do his business in the garden, but even so he’ll be climbing the walls if he doesn’t get a few miles in his legs everyday, I’m lucky in that I live on the coast so have space, saying that it’s quite a narrow coastal path at times and other dog walkers/walkers have to pass by quite closely, for the last week if I see someone coming I hold my breath way before they reach me and for a little while after they have passed.

To be fair I have done this since I was a kid if some near me coughs or sneezes in public, another trait passed down from my Dad to me and now to my son is we don’t touch public door handles, if it’s a pull door we either use some tissue or last resort cuff of a coat.

Seems weird I know, but you think how many guys have touched their knobs having a slash and walk straight out the toilet and don’t wash their hands, complement peanuts on a pub bar were once tested and 14 different urine samples were found - says it all really..

Master
    Blog Entries
    My eldest sons wife is an AE staff nurse,I know she is very worried about the whole situation,so much so my son who has health issues is living apart from her.Worst part is I feel totally helpless .

Medical researcher here, working on Covid-19 obviously as many others like me are. I am not in the UK, I am in a country where the response has been excellent. We have 5 cases on our campus with 25 more people being tested. None of those showed any symptoms for the 1st 7-10 days they had it. We know where they got it from because person #2 came back from a conference in USA and so they passed it to #1, 3,4 and 5.

They now have to test 25 other people just in case they have it, people who used the same kitchen, went to the shops at the same time etc etc. A real pain as you came imagine.

The whole I will/won't get it is missing the point, if someone does get it and they walked their dog every day they then have to try to track down every other dog walker they may have met on their walks. Do you open a gate? Did someone 2 mins later open the same gate? We go from having an isolated house of say 4 people to now having to test 30-40 others as they have to test the entire household of the potential contacts, one dog walker may mean 5 new tests having to be done, tests that may be in short supply.

Staying in isolation means for 14 days means that Covid-19 cases can be found and pulled from the population, people walking around will extend the lockdown as after 14 days you can not be as sure that you have found all the cases.

Walk the dog by all means, don't be surprised if Boris has to extend the lockdown though.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Eldrich

Yup good post Eldrich.

Better to keep the dog at home, fatten it up just in case...

There are two types of people: dog owners and everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by theoriginaldigger View Post
    There are two types of people: dog owners and everyone else.
    This could easily escalate between us dog owners and the non owners, but really what it comes down to COMMON SENSE, if I lived in a built up, town centre area then my thought process would be different.

I dont need to open any gates or touch anything other than my dog/lead/poo bags, I can avoid people by quite a distance if I need too so I'm not too concerned, especially when I see all these "key workers" in London today breathing down each others necks..

Everyone's an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Everyone's an exception.
    To right, if I say to someone the numbers they have given me only apply to 1% of the population they immediately think that are in that 1% rather than perhaps the numbers they gave me are wrong - now in 99% of the cases which answer do you think is more likely?

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    This could easily escalate between us dog owners and the non owners, but really what it comes down to COMMON SENSE, if I lived in a built up, town centre area then my thought process would be different.

I dont need to open any gates or touch anything other than my dog/lead/poo bags, I can avoid people by quite a distance if I need too so I'm not too concerned, especially when I see all these "key workers" in London today breathing down each others necks..
    Yes, you touch your dog. And what do dogs do whilst they're out besides pee and poo? Yes, sniff. And if they sniff where someone, (or their dog), with Covid 19 has been recently then guess what they'll'' sniff? Yep, you got it; or more likely will get it especially if you let your dog lick you as many owners do!

Keep you and your dog at home, you both can get plenty of exercise in your own garden.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Blog Entries

Serious? is that today?

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    Yes, you touch your dog. And what do dogs do whilst they're out besides pee and poo? Yes, sniff. And if they sniff where someone, (or their dog), with Covid 19 has been recently then guess what they'll'' sniff? Yep, you got it; or more likely will get it especially if you let your dog lick you as many owners do!

Keep you and your dog at home, you both can get plenty of exercise in your own garden.
    Wonder whether dogs (or cats/wildlife) can get and carry the virus here.

Serious? is that today?
    Yep, and this one, photos were in a tabloid but have been widely posted everywhere that this is today in London on the Tube -

Wonder whether dogs (or cats/wildlife) can get and carry the virus here.
    An animal can not transmit Covid 19 to a human apparently even though the so called source was an animal.. that's not to say if someone who had CV stroked the dog then it is transferable that way, but most people now dont touch or come close to anyone or dogs - in my area anyway.

Master
    Serious? is that today?
    NO It was Friday, but once again, if it's on the internet it must be true.

Have you seen the RIOTING video today going live?? Well that was from 2017

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Jimp mate
    First respect for what your daughter does, and my very best wishes that she stays safe and well.
    Second, people can walk their dogs alone or with other members of their household as much as they want without increasing your daughter’s workload or the risks to her health. In fact, if it makes them walk more they’ll be fitter and less likely to need to meet your daughter professionally. What does increase those risks are people meeting during those walks and not keeping their distance.
    All the best.
    I get what your saying,BUT!,I doubt anyone walking a dog who is not in the best of health would be getting much fitter to fight the virus anyway!.The Government has given guidelines on the members of society at greater risk than your average and reasonably healthy person who "may" be strong enough to fight it off,even if they don't walk a dog.

I doubt anyone looking at taking up intensive training as of now,and not in great shape is a little late IMO.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by eldrich View Post
    Medical researcher here, working on Covid-19 obviously as many others like me are. I am not in the UK, I am in a country where the response has been excellent. We have 5 cases on our campus with 25 more people being tested. None of those showed any symptoms for the 1st 7-10 days they had it. We know where they got it from because person #2 came back from a conference in USA and so they passed it to #1, 3,4 and 5.

They now have to test 25 other people just in case they have it, people who used the same kitchen, went to the shops at the same time etc etc. A real pain as you came imagine.

The whole I will/won't get it is missing the point, if someone does get it and they walked their dog every day they then have to try to track down every other dog walker they may have met on their walks. Do you open a gate? Did someone 2 mins later open the same gate? We go from having an isolated house of say 4 people to now having to test 30-40 others as they have to test the entire household of the potential contacts, one dog walker may mean 5 new tests having to be done, tests that may be in short supply.

Staying in isolation means for 14 days means that Covid-19 cases can be found and pulled from the population, people walking around will extend the lockdown as after 14 days you can not be as sure that you have found all the cases.

Walk the dog by all means, don't be surprised if Boris has to extend the lockdown though.
    That is a good point, well made.

It is not about dog owners vs non dog owners.

I was thinking about going out for a ride on my motorbike. I have plenty of fuel, full face, what's the problem ?
    It didn't seem right to me somehow in the light of current events. I have noticed in the past that if a car passes me and the driver is smoking given the right atmos and speeds that I can smell smoke - So ?

B

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    NO It was Friday, but once again, if it's on the internet it must be true.

Have you seen the RIOTING video today going live?? Well that was from 2017
    This is the BBC and normally they try to get their facts straight, although who knows what the truth is!...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52017910

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    I get what your saying,BUT!,I doubt anyone walking a dog who is not in the best of health would be getting much fitter to fight the virus anyway!.The Government has given guidelines on the members of society at greater risk than your average and reasonably healthy person who "may" be strong enough to fight it off,even if they don't walk a dog.

I doubt anyone looking at taking up intensive training as of now,and not in great shape is a little late IMO.
    Undoubtedly (in fact, intensive training would weaken you). But you're neglecting placebo and mental health: if you exercise, even for the first time in your life, you'll secrete endorphins and you'll feel better for it. You may not benefit from a fitter immune system, but from a less depressed mental state.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Undoubtedly (in fact, intensive training would weaken you). But you're neglecting placebo and mental health: if you exercise, even for the first time in your life, you'll secrete endorphins and you'll feel better for it. You may not benefit from a fitter immune system, but from a less depressed mental state.
    Yeah know all about that,I've worked out since 18 now 60,and whenever I've been at a low point ie cold I've given the gym a miss,but 100% re the release of endorphins,a real buzz actually.

This is the BBC and normally they try to get their facts straight, although who knows what the truth is!...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52017910

East London, District line, Upton Park.

The old West Ham stop.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Everyone's an exception.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by theoriginaldigger View Post
    Exactly
    I want to be different, just like everyone else ... Remarkably quiet here in North London and I saw 2 aircraft today, on Sunday , none . The skies are wonderfully, if worryingly , clear.