closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A sea change

A sea change

I've flipped my SD43. I've only ever kept one 'flagship' watch so any change has always involved a sacrifice. This one I'll miss but I was wearing the SD like it was made of precious metal and It wasn't even going to do the washing up never mind go near the sea. So here's the new (old) arrival. It looks lovely in the flesh and a bit easier on the wrist too.
    Last edited by Russ; 23rd March 2020 at 14:21.

That looks superb. I'm not usually a fan of yellow gold, but that DD...cracking.

Master
    Beautiful. I always think of those as the quintessential Rolex; even more so than a Sub. When I first visited New York in 1987, it was the one you'd most often see being sold by the street fake vendors - and of course, it's the sincerest form of flattery.

Craftsman
    Simply the best Day Date ever made ... congrats !

Imagine how many units Rolex would sell if they wound their necks in and actually made a steel version ... (putting aside the production run of six that they made in the 1950s) ...

A Rolex Day Date in stainless steel would be my ultimate grail watch ...

I imagine you would have been better off sticking with the steel SD.

As we head into a mass health and economic crisis, a gigantic rise in unemployment (the St Louis Fed predicting in excess of 30% in the US), wearing a solid gold Rolex will seem, shall we say, pretty crass.

That is a sea change.

A friend of mine has one.... he got it for his 40th from his wife (he's over 70 now).
    Unless it's on his wrist it's not insured.
    Looks good to me.

- - - Updated - - -

A friend of mine has one.... he got it for his 40th from his wife (he's over 70 now).
    Unless it's on his wrist it's not insured.
    Looks good to me.

Master
    Not for me but enjoy👍

I love mine and here are 10 reasons why.

Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    I imagine you would have been better off sticking with the steel SD.

As we head into a mass health and economic crisis, a gigantic rise in unemployment (the St Louis Fed predicting in excess of 30% in the US), wearing a solid gold Rolex will seem, shall we say, pretty crass.

That is a sea change.
    The times are miserable enough, are they not?

I hope the OP enjoys what is a beautiful watch... if things really are bad, and in the next few weeks I suspect they will be (within reason), I’m not sure many will be worrying what’s on other people’s wrists.

Reminds me of a quote: ‘In the little moment that remains to us between the crisis and the catastrophe, we may as well drink a glass of champagne.’

Very Del Boy, as a kid I dreamed of this in the 80’s and then I found a fake on the floor and wore it to school at the tender age of 11, thought I was the nuts.

Master
    While gold doesn’t suit me at all, I wouldn’t mind wearing one of these around the house, possibly while watching Narcos. So on that basis alone, you’ve picked a good time to purchase. Enjoy!

Love it Russ. Perfect dimensions too. Enjoy!

Master

A sea change

I’ve really grown to like these and a brave but good move I think to switch, all my watches are ss so would like to add gold at some point also, not as daily wear but once in a while to change it up.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    I’ve really grown to like these and a brave but good move I think to switch, all my watches are ss so would like to add gold at some point also, not as daily wear but once in a while to change it up.
    Same. I think i would probably go on leather to tone it down a bit.

Gold Rolex always reminds me of Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    I've flipped my SD43. I've only ever kept one 'flagship' watch so any change has always involved a sacrifice. This one I'll miss but I was wearing the SD like it was made of precious metal and It wasn't even going to do the washing up never mind go near the sea. So here's the new (old) arrival. It looks lovely in the flesh and a bit easier on the wrist too.
    Lot of Rolexes do nothing for me, but I do love those - proper nostalgic late-60s/early 70s Barry-White-on-the-radiogram, chestwiggy, tache'n'burns, Carlos Fandango, Oldspicey-medallion vibe to 'em.

Just to be clear, that's a good thing. I want one.