closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NHS paramedic thrown out

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    MrsV offered her house out in Cornwall but the fella was in Bristol so too far but she's messaged the SW ambulance service and I think has arranged to give her keys out if more NHS staff are drafted into the area. I think a few second home folk are now going to do the same thing as Cornwall has seen a huge influx of idiotic tourists/escapees which are stretching resources.
    Great gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    MrsV offered her house out in Cornwall but the fella was in Bristol so too far but she's messaged the SW ambulance service and I think has arranged to give her keys out if more NHS staff are drafted into the area. I think a few second home folk are now going to do the same thing as Cornwall has seen a huge influx of idiotic tourists/escapees which are stretching resources.
    Good on her - I was just wondering as have spare space too at the moment but not there.

Blog Entries

NHS paramedic thrown out

I thought the 'government' imposed a six month delay on evictions by landlords. The landlord is breaking the law if that's true .

The same government that are asking front line people workers to go and mix with potential virus transmitted people yet no mention of a tax freeze or incentive on their pay not that it is expected but they are the main risk category. So the least this landlady can do is give the paramedic a break.

Good to see the spirit of the forum is alive a kicking.

Personally I have sympathy for both sides. The fact that someone is losing their home (who is a paramedic) because he might “bring home” the virus. And the fact that his landlady is so scared about this risk that she is prepared to throw her tenant out.

Unfortunately what the newspaper does not tell us is the Landlady’s situation. Is she in the high risk category and does she share any of the accommodation as the guy, etc. If yes then perhaps it might explain her concerns.

Alas the jurno didn't report on this because he only reported onside of the story.

But perhaps what is even more depressing is that a few here were so quick to judge without having all the facts available to them.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Good to see the spirit of the forum is alive a kicking.
    But perhaps what is even more depressing is that a few here were so quick to judge without having all the facts available to them.
    "I'll talk to them and get back to you" - you could be right, but I took it that it was his flatmates who were worried, furthermore NHS staff tend to be very caring and rational people and as such wouldn't have posted this if he considered his flatmates to be at risk. Factor in less than 24 hours notice? Nor do I in any way consider it "depressing" for people to jump in and support the very people who are risking their lives in order to help everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    "I'll talk to them and get back to you" - you could be right, but I took it that it was his flatmates who were worried, furthermore NHS staff tend to be very caring and rational people and as such wouldn't have posted this if he considered his flatmates to be at risk. Factor in less than 24 hours notice? Nor do I in any way consider it "depressing" for people to jump in and support the very people who are risking their lives in order to help everyone else.
    Certainly not depressed that people were willing to help.

Just depressed at the attitude and behaviour of some members, who decided to have a hissy fit, whilst not offering any help, resulting in Eddie having to take action.

Further more I am depressed that you have made a sweeping statement about ALL members of the NHS service being caring and rational people, forgetting of course that this is not entirely true. Dr Harold Shipman, Dr Manish Shar for example.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche