closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Disney Plus - launch and compatibility

Disney Plus - launch and compatibility

Hi All

Right as were all in ‘solitary’ the TV is going to get a workout

So Disney Plus launches Tuesday 24th with everything Star Wars / Marvel / Nat Geo and of course The Mandalorian

But having registered i have now discovered my ‘ancient’ 2016 ! Samsung 4k TV does not support the app so..

New tv ...rather not

Or fire stick....to access the Disney Plus App...have tried to find Disney Plus but not showing hmmmm or will it show from Tuesday do we think ?

Any input welcome

Thanks
    Tim

Craftsman
    I am hoping it will show Tuesday, having paid for the year. Also not showing on iOS devices either currently.

Quote Originally Posted by SNA View Post
    I am hoping it will show Tuesday, having paid for the year. Also not showing on iOS devices either currently.
    thanks for that...at least I know its not just me

baby Yoda looks unmissable ...

Master
    Yeah the apps have not appeared as yet. If you have a VPN you can watch the US version already from a browser

I was going to pay for the year in advance just for The Mandalorian. Then I read that The Mandalorian release schedule would be one episode a week apart from the first week when there would be two. Then I read that Disney+ would be available at £7.99 a month as opposed to an annual subscription. I’m not interested in any other content on the platform

I have to be honest and say that I do fully appreciate having one of these ‘First World Problems’ at the moment :)

I have got a Fire Stick this week which supports Disney+ which I can use on my Sony 2014. The app is not available until 24th.

My other Sony from 2015 is not an Android tv so I cannot install the app (or any app). But have saved the browser for Disney and so hopefully should be able to view via this.

Otherwise if the Disney app on my android mobile allows casting to my Sony 2015 tv, I may be able to watch this way. I can cast You Tube for example.

If rambling are a bit confusing, I am a complete novice to this new technology.

I have a 2015 Samsung tv which won’t have the app, but it’s hooked up to Sky who will have it operating like Netflix through the Sky Q box. Also have a Philips Android Tv which will have the app, and various iOS devices to stream from. I don’t think the apps are launched until the 24th, not showing anywhere as yet. The Mandalorian is excellent, I’ve already seen it but still signing up as it’s worth a re-watch, and £49.99 for all that content considering any random tv series dvd box set used to be £20 upwards seems a bargain to me, even without all the self isolation!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I think it will show by tomorrow

Blog Entries
    App has appeared, had to download the latest update to my sky box but its there. Next question, what's this going to cost me?!

Just watched the Mandalorian .....very very enjoyable i do hope there are 84 episodes.....

My 2016 LG OLEDB6 alerted me that the app was available to install this morning.

My Panasonic doesn’t support it so I installed on PS4 Pro. However HDR and Dolby Vision are not available. Any ideas?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    App has appeared, had to download the latest update to my sky box but its there. Next question, what's this going to cost me?!
    £5.99 a month from Disney, think you can get it for a year for £60 up-front

I got the £50 up-front deal that ended yesterday - £4.17/month is good value to me

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Android App now available - just watched SOLO via my Chromecast Ultra

Will start the Mandalorian later with the SO when I've finished WFH

I've downloaded the app on my Android phone and the Samsung TV so far and they work fine. The selection is as expected. However pretty disappointed that they haven't just released all Mandalorian chapters and the clone wars series is 3 weeks behind the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
    I've downloaded the app on my Android phone and the Samsung TV so far and they work fine. The selection is as expected. However pretty disappointed that they haven't just released all Mandalorian chapters and the clone wars series is 3 weeks behind the US.
    Do you get HDR and Dolby Atmos?

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Do you get HDR and Dolby Atmos?
    I get 4K HDR Dolby Vision and Dolby Digital audio (I don’t have Atmos) on my LG OLED55B6 using the LG app and when using my Apple TV on the same TV. I do not get Dolby Vision when using my Sky Q box.
    Last edited by Phil Lee; 24th March 2020 at 15:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    I get 4K HDR Dolby Vision and Dolby Digital audio (I don’t have Atmos) on my LG OLED55B6 using the LG app and when using my Apple TV on the same TV. I do not get Dolby Vision when using my Sky Q box.
    Thanks for info. Must be the PlayStation then :(

Thanks for info. Must be the PlayStation then :(
    I just tried on my PS4 Pro and do not get Dolby Vision.

And HDR?

And HDR?
    Dolby Vision is HDR. I don't get HLG HDR either. I can't get HDR on the PS4 or Sky Q. I do have HDR support for games on the PS4.
    Last edited by Phil Lee; 24th March 2020 at 16:20.

Disney Plus - launch and compatibility

I know. But according the specs content is in HDR, HDR+, HDR10, Dolby Vision.

I am also aware that PS4 Pro can only do standard HDR, but it does support Dolby Atmos

None available though...

Thinking about it, I have only ever seen Dolby Atmos logo appear on the screen when playing DA Blu-rays.
    Last edited by Toshk; 24th March 2020 at 18:44.

Hello

Any differences between the US and UK version like with Netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    Any differences between the US and UK version like with Netflix?
    There are some differences due to Disney having different rights agreements in different countries. At some point in the future when Disney has clawed back all its rights they will be the same. I have no examples of content on one but not on the other though as there doesn’t seem to be a way to see what is on the US version from here. What I can say is there is a lot of content on it.

Hello

Thanks Phil.

It looks good if you have young kids, but (new) content for adults seems a bit scarce?

Free 7 day trial for anyone who is interested: https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fre...eyplus-3426976

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    It looks good if you have young kids, but (new) content for adults seems a bit scarce?
    That’s because it’s for kids. Disney have another streaming service called Hulu which is intended for an older audience. Hulu is only in the US at the moment but is planned to launch in the rest of the world in the next couple of years as rights revert to Disney.

I am trying Amazon 4K stick now. Dolby Vision is ok, but no Atmos. Just DD+

Any suggestions? Thanks