closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Strap for this?

Hybrid View

Strap for this?

Just bought this nice looking piece. I’m not a fan of rubber straps really so wondered if anyone has suggestions as what could work on it. I’m thinking maybe a green Phoenix nato or maybe black... probably not leather but maybe cordura type?

If anyone has a watch with this case shape I’d be interested to see what you have yours on!

P.s not a fan of bracelets

Cheers

Strap for this?

Erika’s original. Try to grab the Corsa Limited Edition one she has - would look perfect
    Or the normal black ops one if you don’t want the splash of red

Thanks yes maybe a black one with PVD fittings but I do find the hardware on them a bit much. Only one way to try though... will get one bought!

Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    Thanks yes maybe a black one with PVD fittings but I do find the hardware on them a bit much. Only one way to try though... will get one bought!
    be aware she charges an additional €25 for pvd hardware !

That's one extremely cool watch! Congrats!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I bought one of these for my black Gshock.

https://www.thestrapshop.co.uk/colle...fittings-black

I wondered about a sailcloth strap with white stitching?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Nice congratulations

Look after that, the SAAF chrono-second hand alone is a rare thing.
    Strap wise i would ensure that what you try has a taper. The near hexagonal nature of those cases likes a taper.
    D

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Strap wise i would ensure that what you try has a taper. The near hexagonal nature of those cases likes a taper.
    D
    Thanks yes I love a taper; main watch is a Longines Legend Diver on a 22/18.

Was thinking about this:

Here's a few more pics of the watch:

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    D
    I was hoping you'd see the watch as I wanted to pick your brains - is this a 5100 movement? Look like one but most look like they've got three subdials, but assume they can be made with less if desired.

Unfortunately the seller was a little light on specifics but I just had to have it!!

Strap for this?

I was hoping you'd see the watch as I wanted to pick your brains - is this a 5100 movement? Look like one but most look like they've got three subdials, but assume they can be made with less if desired.

Unfortunately the seller was a little light on specifics but I just had to have it!!
    2 subdials I believe normally as the double Chrono hand centre mounted doubles as the second and minute counter (see second pic) so eliminates the need for a running minutes subdial. First pic is another strap option - the fold over chronissimo waterproof. the bulk of the strap at the case end absorbs a lot of the watch’’ height
    Last edited by RustyBin5; 23rd March 2020 at 09:39.

GGB new website is open for business, plenty to choose from there.

More likely the slower beating 5012 movement, which most commonly omits the 24-hr scale at 12. It could be a 5100 with a removed sub-dial, but as Lemania had both to hand, I would see no need to modify one if you had the other.
    A beat rate of 21,600 would settle it as the 5012. The 5100 uses 28,800.
    You will probably find that the case is aluminium. Not steel.
    And also, these bezels usually rotated, but this one shows all the signs of having been fixed in position.
    It dates from some time in the 1980s (possibly early 90s) if you tell me the movement serial number I may be able to be more specific.

It is a good-looking thing, I like its monochrome simplicity. A very quietly competent chronograph.

Dave

It’s a lovely looking watch and the SAAF watch was the first thing that came to my mind
    I am jealous it’s right up my street, I hope the bezel does move, if not I would look to get it freed if possible.
    I am looking forward to seeing pictures when it arrives.
    Enjoy

Thanks, will do.

I think I’ve found the perfect strap
    https://www.xeric.com/collections/20...rap-gun-buckle

Shame it’s in the US but think I'll still go for it

Last edited by ped; 24th March 2020 at 00:30.

Master
    I'd certainly not rule out leather. My pvd Carrera is on a leather made by Pav (the previous owner had good taste!).

Ped
    Looking at picture you just posted the watch looks to be on a lesser spotted version of an isofrane (or a copy at least) if it is that strap could be worth a few quid on its own!
    Back to the strap question I quite like the padded straps posted but I PAV rally style strap on the similar to that on the Carrera would be my choice (all black no contrast stitch)

Thanks yes it looks great on that Heuer but for some reason one of my 'red lines' are those straps with the thread around the ends like that; don't know why but I'm sure I can find one similar without the stitching. Thanks for the suggestion.

The only reason I'm not a fan of rubber straps is because I've only tried a few and found them quite thick and bulky, particularly at the keepers. The only exception being a vintage Tropic which was lovely. Maybe this one will be fine but will have to see. It does fit the style of the watch quite well I have to say.

WHat's the WR on these? I'll most likely have it serviced and tested when it arrives (if my watchmaker is still working). I'd never swim in it but would be good to know it's splash proof.

Cheers

You're right, the strap on it does look quite 'valuable' - it's a Tropic 2000. Given my favourite rubber strap I've tried was a Tropic, I'm hoping it's nice and supple like the one I used to have.

How about a Hirsch performance strap
    The sailcloth pattern in grey with black edging/underside would look fantastic on that.
    Or the olive green version

It’s here!!! Finally! The package wasn’t labelled properly so I had to submit proof of value etc which added several days delay but just managed to get it before bank holiday!

It’s beautiful. Just live the case shape.

Just a quick pic for now on a nice green NATO with PVD fittings. Normally I hm find green ones way too shiny but this is totally matte.

So very quickly - yes the bezel rotates. And yes the strap is a Tropic 2000 which might be kept but not sure yet.

Seems to be keeping time bang on for the last hour at least although I’ll probably have it serviced as a matter of principle when the covid situation is under control.

Haven’t checked the lume yet - I assume it’s dead but you never know!

Cheers more pics tomorrow!!

Master
    A lovely watch well worth waiting for.

As well as the taper to the lugs I like the cutaway for the bezel at six o'clock. I assume there is a corresponding one at twelve o'clock too?
    Last edited by Wimm; 10th April 2020 at 19:25. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    A lovely watch well worth waiting for.

As well as the taper to the lugs I like the cutaway for the bezel at six o'clock. I assume there is a corresponding one at twelve o'clock too?
    Thanks! Yes indeed - the bezel is a simple friction spring type but it has a nice feel and of course it's very difficult to knock as it's countersunk the rest of the way round.

Looks quite nice on this sand colour strap too - in the flesh it matches the colour of the lume perfectly

Beautiful watch - I love Lemania chronos. A great find - well done!