closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Spinnaker Watches any love

Spinnaker Watches any love

I picked this up on a whim for £200 and while it gets worn very little due to having a large collection I have to say it is very good for the money.

It has a textured California dial which I quite like and the tropic strap is very comfortable.

I don't like California dials at all, but I've looked at the Hull chrono a few times.

I've not made the final step though.

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I really like them pretty good value when they offer discounts which always seem readily available..
    reliable well proven movements nothing groundbreaking or pretentious just honest reliable every day watch away from the herd.
    I bought the Fleuss for its classic style
    I like the Fauxtina and a nod to 50 fathoms looking forward to the Fleuss Chronograph that is being released soon in some interesting colour combinations
    I don’t think you can go far wrong with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Never seen one up close but I do like the divers (or "diver style") with the subdial seconds:

I like their offerings and have one.
    They are trying to do their own thing in a crowded marketplace.

Master
    I had a spinnaker from their early days. Felt quite cheaply made and "chinesey" to me.

I purchased a Spinnaker "Cahill" in last autumn's sale, and it surprised me with its quality of fit and finish. It's firmly in the "keeper" camp for me, proving reliable and decently robust. I'm the first to admit the colour scheme is a distinctly "Marmite" choice though!

Not my pic, and the lume's white in normal light!

Master
    I have the same watch as I got a sudden California dial craving and initially I didn't get on with it - movement and build was great for the price I paid (I got a stonking double discount from a french site) but felt the lugs were too short to fit my wrist shape and the case and crystal too tall making it feel too bulbous on the wrist. I was in two minds as to whether to
    sell it on but decided to put it on a cheap leather deployant from ali express or somewhere that I had knocking about. After that it just clicked.

The original strap, while decent quality was just too thick and unyielding to sit right on my wrist. Also the light colour of the original just didn't suit my tastes.

New Strap

Original strap

Craftsman
    This is what I love about here, being introduced to brands I've never seen before

Spent £200 on worse

ENJOY