closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dornbluth warranty experience

Dornbluth warranty experience

I thought I would share a very positive experience, in case anyone is contemplating a purchase and wondering what level of backup you might get from a small manufacturer, with the added complexity of being in the EU

I had my 99.1M a year when it didn’t restart after hacking and setting the time. This was a one off. I contacted DD&S who advised me to monitor it for a bit, it was a very hard fault to reproduce. In late Jan I set it for an evening out, but by the time I had walked 5 mins to the station it had stopped and stayed stopped the whole evening.

So I contacted DD&S who were very sympathetic, sorted out a return with DHL and the customs documentation for temporary import into Germany. I was a bit worried about customs processing, and the risk of getting caught up in fees coming back into the UK.

It arrived with them 3 days after posting, and 4 weeks later it was ready to come back, having had the pallet fork replaced followed by regulation and 3 weeks of testing. It arrived back with me 48h after posting, with no customs issues.

Overall a very positive experience, the company was very easy to communicate with, and the transfer to the EU and back was seamless.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirk and his team are fantastic

I had a 99.1 that needed warranty work too a good few yrs ago , had winding issue.

Nothing was too much trouble ,everything was sorted in a couple of months ,even though I paid for shipping back to base etc when we were still in eu it was pain free .

Fantastic company to deal with and great customer service, let me know time scale on what was wrong and what was needed etc . Even got a free strap and buckle due to the duration I was without my watch

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alanski View Post
    Dirk and his team are fantastic

I had a 99.1 that needed warranty work too a good few yrs ago , had winding issue.

Nothing was too much trouble ,everything was sorted in a couple of months ,even though I paid for shipping back to base etc when we were still in eu it was pain free .

Fantastic company to deal with and great customer service, let me know time scale on what was wrong and what was needed etc . Even got a free strap and buckle due to the duration I was without my watch
    I'm leaning towards Dornbluth as my next watch purchase. This only stokes the fire.

Master
    I dropped my 99.1 coming out of a gym locker and it stopped working (bent a hand) , so definitely not a warranty issue & it was taken and returned in no time with a nice note & refusal to take any money for it.......