closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A-13A automatic flyback

Craftsman

A-13A automatic flyback

Paolo is trying again to launch his flyback auto version of the A-13A .
    It’s a beautiful watch , he let me try a prototype, wears amazing on the wrist.
    Pushers can be positioned either side to suit.

Website to be updated soon , price is 3200€
    Email interest in buying the auto to
    info@a-13a.com

https://www.a-13a.com/shop/en/conten...omatic-flyback

https://wornandwound.com/first-look-...ack-functions/

Last edited by David@; 25th April 2024 at 13:28.

I always thought this watch looked cool.

16mm thick though and it’s not exactly affordably priced. I’m not sure these two factors are sufficiently well explained in the link. I presume they’re both to do with the movement.

I genuinely wish Paolo all the best, it’s a great design and he’s clearly very invested.

Blog Entries

A-13A automatic flyback

Yep, wish him all the best, lovely design, cool even, I still have the quartz version on my wish list.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    Beautiful. I always loved his A-13A.

Having bought one of the first of his quartz ones (and worn it a lot ever since, I still have it) I am really keen to see Paolo succeed with this.
    He has made so many improvements, many based on the feedback from the epic (over 100 page) WUS thread that started with him presenting the original (and almost immaculate) quartz prototype, back in 2016.
    I have kept in touch with him, and he sent me one of the prototypes of the Flyback to have a look at when he was last trying to get this off the ground.
    It wears a lot better than the profile pictures indicate that it might.
    It is unsurprisingly expensive, the DD movement and chrono module are hellish cost for short runs.
    And If I were not already well served for central-minute chronos (and if I had a bit more cash than I do) then I would go for it, as there is no doubt in my mind that Paolo will make a great job of it.
    The Damasko alternative is a very similar price, and the Sinn alternative more.
    But the A-13A would be a lot rarer and more personal to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Having bought one of the first of his quartz ones (and worn it a lot ever since, I still have it) I am really keen to see Paolo succeed with this.
    He has made so many improvements, many based on the feedback from the epic (over 100 page) WUS thread that started with him presenting the original (and almost immaculate) quartz prototype, back in 2016.
    I have kept in touch with him, and he sent me one of the prototypes of the Flyback to have a look at when he was last trying to get this off the ground.
    It wears a lot better than the profile pictures indicate that it might.
    It is unsurprisingly expensive, the DD movement and chrono module are hellish cost for short runs.
    And If I were not already well served for central-minute chronos (and if I had a bit more cash than I do) then I would go for it, as there is no doubt in my mind that Paolo will make a great job of it.
    The Damasko alternative is a very similar price, and the Sinn alternative more.
    But the A-13A would be a lot rarer and more personal to buy.
    I remember when these came out I did consider buying one then but at the time moved onto other things, looking at them now I am very tempted to pick up a quartz version.

This looks awesome.

I foolishly let a chance to buy a quartz version slip-by, and always regretted it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    This looks awesome.

I foolishly let a chance to buy a quartz version slip-by, and always regretted it.
    Me too.

Being a lover of Sinn / Damasko / IWC, the A-13A plays precisely to my heart strings. I saw one for sale on here, a rare thing, and foolishly 'thought about it' for a moment, and boom! Gone.

Craftsman
    The quartz is still available and I wear mine daily, really want the automatic though….
    Email if wanting to buy or especially if interested in the auto as he’s collecting interest in buying only via email at the moment
    info@a-13a.com

Last edited by David@; 25th April 2024 at 13:33.

Quote Originally Posted by David@ View Post
    The quartz is still available and I wear mine daily, really want the automatic though….
    Email if wanting to buy or especially if interested in the auto as he’s collecting interest in buying only via email at the moment
    info@a-13a.com

Well that’s a depressing office!
    So glad I am stuck at my desk!
    Lucky bu99er!