closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: watch service for my 75yr old mum

watch service for my 75yr old mum

ok her seiko is running slow,around 5-10 mins a day she tells me ,anyone know who would service at a reasonable cost for an OAP ? or is it not cost effective ,that the case it would be a real shame as she loves it

What movement is it?

It might be more cost effective to simply to swap in a new movement.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

think its stamped 7s36b

A replacement 7S36 is £52.50 from Cousins or a compatible Hattori NH36 is £30.95.

If it was my watch I would just do the movement swap, as I would think either would be cheaper than a full service. However keeping it original might be important to your mum.

Hopefully someone more knowledgable of service costs will be along soon!

Blog Entries
    Swap in a new movement at that price. Although if you add in the price to get the movement fitted it will be more of course.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

unfortunately I dont have the skills required for the movement swap,original movement wouldnt really bother her at 75,so long as it kept the correct time

It’s not a difficult job - and I say that as someone who is definitely at the rank amateur end of the “fettling” spectrum!

Hopefully you will find a proper watch repairer who will do the job at a reasonable price, but if all else fails I’d be happy to swap the movement over for you. I don’t have the kit to test for water resistance though.

thanks for the very kind offer ,will bear that in mind if I cant find a solution