closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Warning Royal Mail Special Delivery No Signature Required

Warning Royal Mail Special Delivery No Signature Required

Please be careful if sending high value items in the post, we know how ebay and PayPal work. If no proof of delivery a claim can be made.
    item was handed over and no signature was required.

regards. Mike

Craftsman
    The postie's are signing it for you. Sent a watch through the post last week and got a signature that was just an X and some squiggles . There is a note on royal mail's website about it. So I'm sure they have a contingency in place.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Postie signs it and that is considered to be the same proof of delivery as if you sign it yourself.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

OK but not sure how's that will hold up with PayPal and ebay as a signature. But he never did a thing on the pda, when delivered the package.

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAELHS View Post
    Please be careful if sending high value items in the post, we know how ebay and PayPal work. If no proof of delivery a claim can be made.
    item was handed over and no signature was required.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Postie signs it and that is considered to be the same proof of delivery as if you sign it yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by MICHAELHS View Post
    OK but not sure how's that will hold up with PayPal and ebay as a signature. But he never did a thing on the pda, when delivered the package.
    Just had a couple myself - postie asked if i was okay with him signing for me.

Confirmed with postie today.

For ordinary packages they have also been told, in our area, that they should leave on the doorstep if you are out and they can't leave it with a near neighbour, but they still have to card you as well so you know it's been nicked if it's not there.

I’m a postman, and we’ve been instructed not to hand the PDA for the customers to sign. Instead, we should sign “CV19” on their behalf when we witness the person taking the parcel (if left on a doorstep or whatever). If it’s a SD, the postman wouldn’t sign it without you being there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    I’m a postman, and we’ve been instructed not to hand the PDA for the customers to sign. Instead, we should sign “CV19” on their behalf when we witness the person taking the parcel (if left on a doorstep or whatever). If it’s a SD, the postman wouldn’t sign it without you being there.
    It makes sense. Social distancing and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by tim2012 View Post
    It makes sense. Social distancing and all that.
    Yep.
    Still shocking how ParcelForce released a statement that delivering parcels is safe because the virus doesn’t survive long outside of the human body. Then Portuguese scientists found out it can survive even up to 3h in the air (yes, in the air) and up to 5 days in cardboard. So, you tell me what’s more important for the big companies - wellbeing of the society or money? We all know the answer. They’ll drag it out a far as they can and it’ll end tragically...

I had a desk delivered by FedEx on Thursday. The guy knocked, stood back a couple of metres then asked my name when I opened the door. He then signs the gizmo when he gets back to the van.

I'm expecting a DHL delivery on Monday and the email stated they would be using the same practice.

Fine for deliveries to me, but I can understand the concern when posting. I have to send something RMSD on Monday so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

yeah the royal mail have been instructed to do this, but I'm sure ebay and PayPal with take a different view if a claim is filed to a not received item.
    unless it comes from them, you WILL NOT be covered under seller protection.

a X is not your signature, as anyone can do this

Better to be careful, and a big thanks to all the postie, and royal mail workers out everyday keeping the post going.

regards Mike

Master
    Blog Entries
    The deliveries are recorded on GPS these days so that can be used as proof

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Not really proof of delivery surely. Just that the driver was near your house!

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I posted two items by RMSD yesterday and was told that RM have suspended the guarantee. They said, don't worry it will still get there, but might be a day or two longer than usual depending on the address. They were hopeful that most items would be delivered next day.

I also had a few items delivered, but wasn't required to sign. Postie said he had to hand the parcel over in person, but no signature and no leaving stuff lying around.

This news is seriously worrying. I've just had to post both my Passport and Driving Licence to a solicitor! Not something that I'd like to see go missing with all the implications that that entails!!!!!
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    This news is seriously worrying. I've just had to post both my Passport and Driving Licence to a solicitor! Not something that I'd like to see go missing with all the implications that that entails!!!!!
    I hope you used RMSD. If so, don’t worry.

Master
    Just this moment had an email from UPS - they said that "UPS is also taking steps to minimize exposure to our customers by adjusting how we handle signature required packages. Now, your UPS Driver will confirm the recipient has taken possession of these packages without asking anyone to sign manually."
    I understand why, but it might make one liable for fraud.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    I understand why, but it might make one liable for fraud.
    Totally agree

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    I hope you used RMSD. If so, don’t worry.
    Yes, RMSD, but from the above posts it looks like the postie can just sign to say it's been delivered - even if it's not! Unless I'm reading things wrongly, (wouldn't be the first time!).
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    regardless of this PayPal do not accept tracking details as proof of delivery.

I just took delivery of some items from the US which I'd had to pay tax on and had special delivered today. It was my usual postman who is very good. He rang the bell and left it on the step but I managed to catch him and thank him for still working. Good on the Posties!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    For anyone worried about signatures - there has never been anything to stop a recipient just squiggling on a pad and then claiming 'not my signature'!!!!

PayPal and Ebay only require proof of postage.. not proof of arrival...what happens once it has been sent and you have the receipt as evidence is not your problem or responsibility..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM112 View Post
    PayPal and Ebay only require proof of postage.. not proof of arrival...what happens once it has been sent and you have the receipt as evidence is not your problem or responsibility..

Not sure about that. Funds aren't released until it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by eoghan101 View Post
    Not sure about that. Funds aren't released until it arrives.

Funds are released as soon as payment is made from PayPal... Not on delivery of item..
    I have been a seller on EBay for 20+ years..
    As a seller you only need the proof of postage with any claim you have No control whatsoever once the item has been handed to the delivery company of choice..

Funds are released as soon as payment is made from PayPal... Not on delivery of item..
    As a seller you only need the proof of postage with any claim you have No control whatsoever once the item has been handed to the delivery company of choice..

Proofd of postage is fine for some items, but anything over 500 gbp requires a signature. If they say they didn't recivce the item and no signature is give, the buyer can make a claim, tracked item that show delivery is not enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Proofd of postage is fine for some items, but anything over 500 gbp requires a signature. If they say they didn't recivce the item and no signature is give, the buyer can make a claim, tracked item that show delivery is not enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Craftsman
    Ahh I'm relatively new to eBay so think they have different rule for new sellers in comparison to established sellers. And rightly so... Those in good steed should get more benefit than newer accounts.

Warning Royal Mail Special Delivery No Signature Required

Quote Originally Posted by eoghan101 View Post
    Ahh I'm relatively new to eBay so think they have different rule for new sellers in comparison to established sellers. And rightly so... Those in good steed should get more benefit than newer accounts.

I wasn’t aware there was any restrictions on new sellers with payments being withheld..
    As soon as payment by PayPal is made it is in your account.
    Over the years I have had several claims that the item has not arrived and in every instance it has been handled in a swift professional manner as proof of postage is all you have...as you have no control whatsoever on what happens from the handover of the item.
    With Hermes there is little point paying extra for signed for as parcels are left in various places and I have had instances where delivery drivers have signed for the items themselves when the recipient is not at home..you can only do so much and the rest is down to the delivery company.
    You cannot be held responsible for dodgy delivery drivers.
    There is No way whatsoever I would send any item especially a high value item unless I had 100% cleared funds..
    It is not an option.

Last edited by SteveM112; 21st March 2020 at 20:14.

Craftsman
    Yeah it shows in your account but doesn't clear until delivered. They said that after 25 sales or a certain amount (which they didn't tell me), funds would clear immediately.

Master
    I sent a piece of computer equipment to a colleague at the start of this. His posties signed it cc19 and stuck it behind his bins. No card, no door knock or ring.
    I understand the need for distancing but that was just bloody ridiculous. Postie in question should have a slapped wrist at the very least.

Master
    Thanks for the heads up on this as I was going to put a few bits up on ebay but might hold off for now.
    I've had a couple of deliveries this week and some drivers haven't even knocked just left the parcel on the doorstep. Some I've still had to sign for

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk