closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Remote PC support software for a small IT Business?

Master

Remote PC support software for a small IT Business?

With Corona I'm looking at ways to keep my business ticking over, but in a cost-effective manner. As visiting clients is going to become a smaller/non-existent part of my business, I need to start looking at remote access to support them. However it's something I've always avoided as I'd imagine the first 10 mins of a call will be spent repeating myself 18 times just for the remote connection to start lol.

Does anybody know of a simple/reasonably-priced solution for myself to be able to log in remotely to somebody's computer in a session? Ideally they don't need to download anything at their end but any recommendations would be a massive help as we enter this very strange, scary time.

Thanks

TeamViewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    TeamViewer.
    ^This ^

Works really well, free version perfect if occasional use, although if you're using it professionally you should upgrade, works on Mac and Windows and Mobile devices (iPhone and Android) I believe

They install the software (free).
    Then they give you ID and PW (not always the same, given when they start TV)
    You open your TV, enter the ir details and you have control of their Computer
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Anygreg View Post
    TeamViewer.
    Yep, best on the market. Not cheap, but very effective. You need to install it on all PC's and have it in the startup of all your remote PC's, (easy to do), give each a remote ID that is meaningful and job done. You can TV to any remote PC so long as it's switched on, you can see what the user is doing and you can take over the PC and do anything the user can do.

It's free for all your remote PC's but you pay for any 'master' PC's.

Great app.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Another vote for TeamViewer. I use it for all my remote customers (most of whom are elderly or aren't the most IT literate). In the current situation it's priceless.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Popular with those Microsoft technicians with a funny accent* (but called Dave or James) who are always calling.

*No offence to Brummies.

Master
    Blog Entries
    When I've needed it, I have always used Team Viewer also.

Master
    So Teamviewer seems to be the one then :-D That's perfect, I'll get looking at the most suitable package, thanks for all your help

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    So Teamviewer seems to be the one then :-D That's perfect, I'll get looking at the most suitable package, thanks for all your help
    Trial it first with the 'free for private use' version - it's exactly the same as the full version but they stop you in your tracks if they even think you're using it for business purposes as every connection goes through their servers, so they know how often and how many different PC's you're connecting to.

Just put it on two PC's, one as master, one as remote user, (they can be next to each other so you can trial it in-house), and see if it meets your requirements before 'buying' a licence for each PC you deem to be a master.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    Trial it first with the 'free for private use' version - it's exactly the same as the full version but they stop you in your tracks if they even think you're using it for business purposes as every connection goes through their servers, so they know how often and how many different PC's you're connecting to.

Just put it on two PC's, one as master, one as remote user, (they can be next to each other so you can trial it in-house), and see if it meets your requirements before 'buying' a licence for each PC you deem to be a master.
    Great tip, I'll give it a go

Just wait for one of those nice Microsoft technicians from India to phone - they'll install some software for free.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post

Thank you for such a valuable information. I've been looking for a solution to this problem for a long time and I finally found one. Really appreciate your reply! In general, everything depends on properly created software, which will be written very high quality and will not lead in the future to bugs and access problems that you wrote about above. If you are looking for a professional software development company, I advise you to read information and reviews about this or that company in order to understand which one is best suited for you or your business. I read the information on the site https://www.propertywire.com/top-9-c...mpanies-in-uk/, where I found FortySeven Software Professionals, with which we have been cooperating for several years. Their highly skilled team of software professionals have unrivaled experience in product design, programming languages ​​such as Ruby on Rails, a wide range of technologies, mobile application frameworks such as React Native, and other programming knowledge such as Node. js, etc.
    Last edited by bobocat; 21st December 2020 at 11:07.