closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What’s going on? Bye, bye, by,by,b,b,bbbbbbbb

What’s going on? Bye, bye, by,by,b,b,bbbbbbbb

Have you noticed how people on mobile just don’t say good bye any more, the seem to keep saying bye so can’t say anything else?

We have our first victim of Coronavirus isolation madness ladies and gentleman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    yip
    That has being going on for a while
    My wife does it
    Bye,bi,bi,bi,bi,bi,bye.
    Numpties.

I have a colleague who does exactly that, it’s hilarious and infuriating in equal measure.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

The red button is there for a reason!

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Not an option in my case, it’s someone I share an office with occasionally. For all I know the other end has already hung up but I imagine that they are also bi-bi-bi-bying

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    My father doesn't even let you get to good, let alone bye. Just sais "ok" or "thanks" and hangs up on you.

Ya, my wife usually goes for the double-double ("bye... bye, ba-bye, ba-bye"). She commented on how annoying it is when others do it, and she had no idea she was (and still is) one of them when I pointed it out. I now keep my mouth shut, not worth it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthingsblue View Post
    That might just be you.
    Haha, I'm worse than that. I've made 1 and recived 1 phonecall so far this month according to my phone. You're lucky to get a hello from me, let alone a goodbye

I do it deliberately, while I move the phone further and further from my mouth.......

Master
    Blog Entries
    It’s infuriating.
    As is Speak Soon and Ciao. Unless you’re an actual Italian. Obviously.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    My father doesn't even let you get to good, let alone bye. Just sais "ok" or "thanks" and hangs up on you.
    Ah yes, my father is exactly the same. If he even answers it. I’ve seen him when it rings. First he’ll look up, confused. As if some otherworldly chime is chorusing out over hill and dale. After a few seconds, he comes to the realisation that it is in fact his phone - the one he had for years with the exact same ringtone, nestled in his top pocket. He’ll then proceed to put down whatever he is holding, normally a cup of tea, a pint or his newspaper and rummage around in there, as if his flannel shirt were somehow the gateway to a Narnia-esque third dimension. Finally, painfully, he pulls the chirping handset from its cotton tomb. It’s at that moment, it cuts to voicemail. This illicits a shrug and the immediate return of said phone to back from whence it came.

Every. Single. Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    It’s infuriating.
    Somebody I’ve never met or spoken to writes ’Speak Soon’ at the end of emails to me. I’ve never fathomed that one.
    Last edited by Mr Curta; 20th March 2020 at 23:37.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Ah yes, my father is exactly the same. If he even answers it. I’ve seen him when it rings. First he’ll look up, confused. As if some otherworldly chime is chorusing out over hill and dale. After a few seconds, he comes to the realisation that it is in fact his phone - the one he had for years with the exact same ringtone, nestled in his top pocket. He’ll then proceed to put down whatever he is holding, normally a cup of tea, a pint or his newspaper and rummage around in there, as if his flannel shirt were somehow the gateway to a Narnia-esque third dimension. Finally, painfully, he pulls the chirping handset from its cotton tomb. It’s at that moment, it cuts to voicemail. This illicits a shrug and the immediate return of said phone to back from whence it came.

Every. Single. Time.
    Ha ha...I love your father!

Craftsman

Every. Single. Time.
    Hello son.

But hasn’t anyone British done this since phones were first invented? It’s a kind of polite face off where neither party wants to cause offence by being the first to actually end the call.

My mum does it all the time despite me almost shouting that my train’s coming in and I need to get on: “Ok, bye dear. Ta ra. Speak to you soon. Bye! Call me in the week. Bye bye. Bye.”

“Mum, I’m on the train and the signal will go. Bye, bye, bye ... “ beep beep beep ...

Master
    Standard practice in Ireland for as long as phones have existed

Master
    Ah yes, my father is exactly the same. If he even answers it. I’ve seen him when it rings. First he’ll look up, confused. As if some otherworldly chime is chorusing out over hill and dale. After a few seconds, he comes to the realisation that it is in fact his phone - the one he had for years with the exact same ringtone, nestled in his top pocket. He’ll then proceed to put down whatever he is holding, normally a cup of tea, a pint or his newspaper and rummage around in there, as if his flannel shirt were somehow the gateway to a Narnia-esque third dimension. Finally, painfully, he pulls the chirping handset from its cotton tomb. It’s at that moment, it cuts to voicemail. This illicits a shrug and the immediate return of said phone to back from whence it came.Every. Single. Time.
    Utter lad. I’m 40 in June and am not far off this now. The thing is just an unwelcome imposition 90% of the time. Generally listen to voicemails once a week or so.
    Last edited by cmcm3; 21st March 2020 at 09:14.

Quote Originally Posted by justin44 View Post
    Have you noticed how people on mobile just don’t say good bye any more, the seem to keep saying bye so can’t say anything else?
    It’s definitely contagious. I’ve heard clients do it, then one day a colleague caught it and now he does it on every call. Fortunately I’ve developed an an immunity to it so far.

Stay safe out there people.

Bye.

Master
    It’s infuriating.
    I used to share an office with an Italian.

Ciao ciao ciao ciao ciao.....

Just as annoying - like a sneezing fit.

Master
    It’s infuriating.
    It does have a certain Je ne sais quoi non?