closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Pelagos

Journeyman

Tudor Pelagos

Good morning All!

What’s the general feeling on here for the Tudor Pelagos? Any LHD model owners?

Thanks
    Mike

Whilst I don’t have the LHD model, I have had the original ETA version since December 2014.

Link to the review of the watch that I did.
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-Tudor-Pelagos

If I didn’t have one, I would buy one.

Craftsman
    Hi
    I bought a lhd a few weeks ago and i love it
    The dial is stunning i love the red detail and red date
    On red date day
    The cream coloured hands and the bezel are superb
    The bracelet is great as well
    I don’t think i will bother wearing the rubber strap
    A big thumbs up from me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wearing one now and just posted a photo on the Friday thread.

I've got the regular in-house movement one bought off this forum. Before that I had been thinking about getting one for a while. I used to change up the watch I wear about once a week but since I got this I've been wearing it 90% of the time.

Love the aesthetic on it, especially the hands and snowflake hour markers. It's a tool watch with a premium feel but not as stuck up as a submariner.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    Whilst I don’t have the LHD model, I have had the original ETA version since December 2014.

Link to the review of the watch that I did.
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-Tudor-Pelagos

If I didn’t have one, I would buy one.
    Thanks for the link, great review!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    Hi
    I bought a lhd a few weeks ago and i love it
    The dial is stunning i love the red detail and red date
    On red date day
    The cream coloured hands and the bezel are superb
    The bracelet is great as well
    I don’t think i will bother wearing the rubber strap
    A big thumbs up from me

Yeah, I love the aesthetic of the LHD! How do you find the lume? I know that on the standard black and blue models the lume is fantastic.

I’ve pulled the trigger on a pre-owned LHD (got a great deal on a late 2019 one) can’t wait for it to arrive!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
    Wearing one now and just posted a photo on the Friday thread.

I've got the regular in-house movement one bought off this forum. Before that I had been thinking about getting one for a while. I used to change up the watch I wear about once a week but since I got this I've been wearing it 90% of the time.

Love the aesthetic on it, especially the hands and snowflake hour markers. It's a tool watch with a premium feel but not as stuck up as a submariner.

I think the snowflake design is quite marmite, personally I really love them.

How do you find the titanium bracelet, Does it mark/scratch really easily?

I have a Gen 1 Pelagos.

It is absolutely one of the best watches I have worn and owned.

In fact if I had to only have one watch from my collection and get rid of the rest. It would stay.

It’s perfect for me.

I wear a G Shock 90 percent of the time though, in work as it is tough, and I have to remove a watch when in clinical areas, a nice watch would go walkies.

Pelagos is great, consider getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikelancs View Post

Likewise on the snowflake. That and the clean monochrome design are what drew me in.

Personally I find that the titanium bracelet doesn't scratch as easily as steel. At least they're about the same. Might be something to do with the treatment. On the watch itself, I accidentally bumped the bezel against my desk yesterday and it took a little nibble out of the wood
    It is comfortable however and I really like the micro-adjustments you can make, as well as the integrated spring. Feels that bit nicer than other steel bracelets I've worn.

Enjoy your LHD once it arrives

It is quite a cold design remedied somewhat with the coffee coloured lume and red writing on the LHD. A lot seem to move them on after a while, value retention is only ok.

Titanium will scratch easily but can be rebrushed although I would only tackle the bracelet and leave the case for service time.

Recent regular price rises have diluted the value proposition somewhat. You should be able to achieve a modest discount.

Master
    Bought the original, ETA model back in 2014 whilst on holiday, before Tudor official sold once again in the UK. I still have it (which says something). No better dive watch in that price bracket IMO. Even better value if you can snare a slightly used example when they pop up on SC.

Here is my arrival comments form Jan 2013 - one of the earliest here. The Pelagos is a study in minimalism.
    I love it, but some others think it is too starkly simple to demonstrate the worth that the cost might demand.
    I still have mne, and will probably never part from it.
    It is an exceptionally well designed watch, imho, and probably the best that Tudor, in its reincanated form, have released.
    What is not commented on so often is that the Ti is clearly lighter than steel, but not massively so. It is a relatively large watch with just enough heft to let you know you are wearing it.
    D

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
    Likewise on the snowflake. That and the clean monochrome design are what drew me in.

Personally I find that the titanium bracelet doesn't scratch as easily as steel. At least they're about the same. Might be something to do with the treatment. On the watch itself, I accidentally bumped the bezel against my desk yesterday and it took a little nibble out of the wood
    It is comfortable however and I really like the micro-adjustments you can make, as well as the integrated spring. Feels that bit nicer than other steel bracelets I've worn.

Enjoy your LHD once it arrives

Thank you! I’ll be sure to post some pics when it arrived

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Here is my arrival comments form Jan 2013 - one of the earliest here. The Pelagos is a study in minimalism.
    I love it, but some others think it is too starkly simple to demonstrate the worth that the cost might demand.
    I still have mne, and will probably never part from it.
    It is an exceptionally well designed watch, imho, and probably the best that Tudor, in its reincanated form, have released.
    What is not commented on so often is that the Ti is clearly lighter than steel, but not massively so. It is a relatively large watch with just enough heft to let you know you are wearing it.
    D
    Cheers! Love the lume pics!

Master
    I've a pelagos smurf that I bought here on SC. Awesome. I wear on a NATO and love the light feel yet super solid minimalist tool watch. It's not fancy, but it'sa fabulous watch.

Craftsman
    It’s my favourite of all the Tudors since it was brought out.

I’ve been holding out for a BB58 sized version but given we have like another year till Baselworld I might just get one anyway.

They don’t wear terribly big either.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I think these are exceptional watches for the money, even after the price hike. Unfortunately, when I got chance to try one on, it just didn’t suit my wrist. If a slightly smaller version ever comes out, I would be massively interested.

Looking forward to seeing some photos of your example Mikelancs, when it arrives.

Master
    I also bought my ETA version on holiday in Greece in 2014 before they were available in UK. Still have it a good solid watch.

It took me a while to warm to the Pelagos, for some time I thought it too stark in nature (and I usually like simple dials) however when the blue version was launched I found my curiosity piqued and it became a matter of when, not if, I bought one.

I've owned this one now for a month or two, bought from this forum's SC. Love the blue, love the aforementioned relative heft given it's titanium, it's well made, COSC regulated and I'm finding the on-the-fly clasp adjustability an absolute boon.

Pelagos

Apprentice
    What to say, I really like mine and it has lots of nice touches. Half heartedly trying to sell at the moment but if I dont get what I want for it happy to keep it as its only for other house non-essentials.

I am not fussed on the 5 lines of text, like the red line, love the roulette date wheel, really like the haptic bezel (you have to press to turn the bezel, won't turn with no downward pressure), best thing is it's LHD so no crown digging into your hand! Never actually worn the bracelet, had it on the rubber to begin with (nice and comfortable) and then moved onto a Steveo paracanvas which is super comfortable. The watchs runs almost perfectly, practically in line with my PRS-18 COSC.

You won't be disappointed.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I really like the Pelagos but can I ask about the titanium strap (the case is steel I think?) - does titanium scratch easily?

I had a titanium watch a few months back, brain said "heavy watch" but when I lifted it and it was light, I couldn't bond with it as it felt delicate...

Quote Originally Posted by mrmeat View Post
    I really like the Pelagos but can I ask about the titanium strap (the case is steel I think?) - does titanium scratch easily?

I had a titanium watch a few months back, brain said "heavy watch" but when I lifted it and it was light, I couldn't bond with it as it felt delicate...
    Like others on here I bought mine before they were available in the UK. It’s a watch I wanted as soon as I saw pictures of it.
    As said it is titanium but not too light as it is a large watch. The mass is helped by the case back and the clasp both being steel. The case and bracelet are both titanium. It does scratch / mark but as titanium oxidises quite quickly they soon blend in to the rest of the watch and are hard to see. Titanium is also easy to quickly buff over with a refinishing pencil or pad if you are careful. After years of use mine still looks good.
    In fact the the desk diving marks on the clasp and case back show up more due to the brushed finish.

Craftsman
    Yeah, I love the aesthetic of the LHD! How do you find the lume? I know that on the standard black and blue models the lume is fantastic.

I’ve pulled the trigger on a pre-owned LHD (got a great deal on a late 2019 one) can’t wait for it to arrive!
    The lume is superb
    The watch is glowing on me

Craftsman

Master
    Oh that does my head in. As a lefty I know the draw backs of a rhd watch on my dominant hand.... It gets banged more as I reach into cupboards and such, so although I am well used to a rhd on my dominant arm, I can see a lhd on my right would have pluses. However a lhd on the left.... Just odd.

For those in the know, is the ETA version slimmer than the in house?

The watch itself is a very handsome piece but every time I've tried one on I've found the case edges to feel sharp.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by namzo View Post
    For those in the know, is the ETA version slimmer than the in house?
    If you men slimmer in terms of depth then yes it is. The ETA version sits flush at the case back whereas the in house movement is a little thicker and the watch sits slightly taller to accommodate this.

I'd like a good titanium watch and have tried on Pelagoses a few times.

Sadly, I find it a watch I want to like, but in reality don't.

I guess it's too minimalist for me - I like a bit of pizzaz in a watch if I'm honest and the Pelagos doesn't have any for me...

I suspect if the bezel wasn't matt and the dial had a sunburst, I'd love it, but I can't be sure, obviously.

I've given up trying to like it now

M

Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    If you men slimmer in terms of depth then yes it is. The ETA version sits flush at the case back whereas the in house movement is a little thicker and the watch sits slightly taller to accommodate this.
    Thanks, I’ve only ever tried the in house version and for me it is just on the large side. Suppose it won’t be easy to compare now that the ETA ones are discontinued.

Hopefully we will see a <40mm version in the future. I personally love the overall design, just need it in a slightly smaller package.

Journeyman
    Morning All,

Just a quick update - it’s arrived!

Morning All,

Just a quick update - it’s arrived!

Is it a watch?? Can’t really make out:-)
    Kidding ofcourse. Congrats,

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    That better

Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    That better

Thanks Ben!

Master

pelagos

I bought a LHD version a few years ago, I think my interest free payments stop in November. i loved the weight of it etc, but I was disappointed that it ended up being continued made. I had hope it might be a limited edition, rather than just numbered,