closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: C'Virus Madness & Stupidity

C'Virus Madness & Stupidity

https://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co....enes-1-6567231

Crazy decision by amusements' owners. Holidaymakers / visitors from all over the UK could likely take any C'virus home with them … and with disastrous consequences
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

The Uk and USA have been to slowest to realise that social distancing is vital to contain COVID 19. The pictures of Cheltenham, Stereophonics concert and Florida beaches are chilling. This wilful stupidity will result in many more deaths than necessary and will delay the return of any form of global trade. Total failure of leadership.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Why start a different thread?

The guy should be forced to close. Not off thread

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Known locally as NFN.
    (Normal for Norfolk)

Blog Entries
    Ordered a few items from a local supermarket for delivery. 21 items ordered, 8 no stock, 5 sending substitutes. Looks like the vultures are still hoovering everything up.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

My niece can’t buy any gluten free food for her 4 year old son with coeliac disease. Staring at the empty gluten free section in Asda she heard one woman say to her friend ‘I bought all the gluten free pasta here yesterday. Tastes disgusting, I had to chuck it away’.

Needless to say she got a verbal volley from my niece.

Contrast with our local Turkish supermarket. Nice guy on the door, letting in half a dozen people at a time, and with a smile, firmly telling one guy he didn’t need 12 bottles of milk, ‘why don’t you just take 2 mate’.

No rushing, no empty shelves and everything we wanted to buy.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    My niece can’t buy any gluten free food for her 4 year old son with coeliac disease. Staring at the empty gluten free section in Asda she heard one woman say to her friend ‘I bought all the gluten free pasta here yesterday. Tastes disgusting, I had to chuck it away’.

Contrast with our local Turkish supermarket. Nice guy on the door, letting in half a dozen people at a time, and with a smile, firmly telling one guy he didn’t need 12 bottles of milk, ‘why don’t you just take 2 mate’.

AND, contrast that to the greed of our national supermarkets cashing in by allowing max purchase of 5 items - so there are multiple options/varieties of pasta allowing people to board.. My daughter advised me that her local Waitrose doesn't have restrictions?

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post

Crazy decision by amusements' owners. Holidaymakers / visitors from all over the UK could likely take any C'virus home with them … and with disastrous consequences
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    AND, contrast that to the greed of our national supermarkets cashing in by allowing max purchase of 5 items - so there are multiple options/varieties of pasta allowing people to board.. My daughter advised me that her local Waitrose doesn't have restrictions?
    Just back from my local Waitrose,restrictions are in place and a good job to.

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post

The owner of the place I work in is doing the same.
    "We will close when we are told to".

Right now we have over 150 visitors and they keep coming. Many clearly over 70 like to tell us they are high risk too. The majority of the place is outdoors but indoor areas are still open.

I'm sure we will close to the public at some point and then I'll most likely have to move to a different area.
    Last edited by minkle; 20th March 2020 at 12:31.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if all the people cramming into the supermarkets to buy food to hoard, realise they are exposing themselves to the virus unnecessarily? Probably not.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    I wonder if all the people cramming into the supermarkets to buy food to hoard, realise they are exposing themselves to the virus unnecessarily? Probably not.
    You're probably overestimating the intelligence of the average shoppers.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    How greed. It’ll all be sold anyway.

There is limited additional protection unless everyone sticks to an isolation policy - so unless something official is announced, I see no ultimate benefit in these places closing - because people are still leaving their homes and interacting with others any way.
    It's just a matter of time...

Not sure the owners are doing anything wrong by staying open. Many businesses which serve the public are staying open until someone tells them to close. They will reasonably assume that if nobody in authority has told them to close, it isn't necessary for them to do so. Individuals/potential customers can make their own minds up about whether to go. There's plenty of information for them to make an informed assesment of the risks.

If it was my business I wouldn't open. If I was a potential visitor I wouldn't go. But I don't think anyone knows enough to say that would be definitively right.

Master
    Had an email from the YHA this week. they are open. It's a business they need to make money. If people are packing into Tesco what's the difference

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post

my local market has plenty of stuff - you just have to wander around the stalls in the open air, not be in one place

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Ordered a few items from a local supermarket for delivery. 21 items ordered, 8 no stock, 5 sending substitutes. Looks like the vultures are still hoovering everything up.
    Tried to collect our normal weekly shop last night, ended up about two thirds missing. The only foodstuffs we received were a packet of ham and a packet of roast beef!
    This was just our normal weekly shop

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    We normally do a big shop fortnightly on a Friday, so today was the day, we popped in to Sainsbury's and got all the items we wanted which was 2 packets of baby bels for the lad.
    I then decided to try independent shops as it's going to be rough for them.
    The local farm shop had some nice veg in, and the greengrocer we stocked up on fruit, the village butcher had been inundated with customers but still maneged to provide my requirements, but I visited a shop whereby you weight your own items out, now I bought a few items in there but will be going back tomorrow as they had run out of containers.
    All in all I'm happy with what I bought okay it cost a bit more but upon reflection I also bought some items I wouldn't normally buy such as dried fruits.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Personally I think it's up to business owners if they close or not, to some that means staying in business or going bust and making employees unemployed. Think about that before crucifying business owners.

Master
    I run badminton sessions as a volunteer at my local leisure centre - four/five courts with around twenty folks playing doubles and a good mix of ages and abilities, up to ex-leaguers well into their 70s.

On Monday the whole Sports programme (inc cycling, running, net-, foot- and basket-ball) was (quite rightly) cancelled.

On Tuesday, badminton was reinstated.

Apparently we are a non-contact sport and therefore perfectly safe. I have though been instructed to keep players six feet apart at all times...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    There is limited additional protection unless everyone sticks to an isolation policy - so unless something official is announced, I see no ultimate benefit in these places closing - because people are still leaving their homes and interacting with others any way.
    Agreed.. I think it should be all or nothing kind of thing, my guess is pubs are rammed tonight and supermarkets have never been busier.. not making much sense unless the trigger is pulled to stay home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our golf course is still open, but the bar isn’t.

New rules include. Rakes removed from bunkers. Pins left in, with an insert to prevent the ball dropping to the cup. No handshakes, no money changing hands, everyone keep 2m distance, stay away from the green keepers. Buggies must not be shared.

The changing/locker rooms are open, with hand sanitisers located at the entrances.

Message to the membership is obey the rules or get suspended. The last thing anyone wants is the course closed down.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche